• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

Good for Utah! They're the first Trump state to reach the 70% threshold.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
NYC can do better but I really don't know much about big local issues in the city so it's kind of neither here nor there. I suppose being Mayor is different game than being governor, because at least here in Chicago IL governor is performing really great on all metrics despite running as consensus candidate. However the mayor who actually ran as a progressive (Lightfoot), she is really disappointing on police matters.

I remember the jubilation after DeBlasio won, just hoping we don't have a repeat.
So, this is actually an interesting aspect of Adams. Part of why he won is that people believed he was both the tough-on-crime candidate and the most vigorous police reform advocate of the group, because... he'd been in the paper talking about racism in the NYPD for something like 20 years. He's got the record on butting heads with top brass in the department. We'll have to wait and see how that plays out when he's mayor; there's different incentives there.

SemRockwel

Oct 27, 2017

I see we're back at the "pro-life" hypocrisy again.

This is why statistics needs to be better taught in America. The median covid fatality being 80 still means that a ton of people younger than 80, and younger even then the US life expectancy, will die due to covid.

In fact, the median fatality being 80y old could also actually lower the US life expectancy period.

Here is a study that projects about a one year reduction in average life expectancy in the US in 2020:
www.pnas.org

Reductions in 2020 US life expectancy due to COVID-19 and the disproportionate impact on the Black and Latino populations

COVID-19 has generated a huge mortality toll in the United States, with a disproportionate number of deaths occurring among the Black and Latino populations. Measures of life expectancy quantify these disparities in an easily interpretable way. We project that COVID-19 will reduce US life...

This of course, doesn't even mention that a number of people that survived covid will experience lifetime complications.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I mean, they already ran on (below), with TX's guy I think it was saying grandparents should be willing to sacrifice themselves. The party of "pro life" and "death panels!!!!". We've also had about 75K deaths in the 54 and under age range, which is nearly 19,000 Benghazi's.

cctorn6a89w41.jpg

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
"So my advice to members of the legislature and others ― local officials ― is to spend it wisely, because hopefully this windfall doesn't come along again."

www.huffpost.com

McConnell Admits Democrats Deserve All The Credit For $4 Billion Coming To Kentucky

The Kentucky senator acknowledged that his state would benefit from the American Rescue Plan, even though he voted against the funds.
Given he's perfectly fine with the windfall wealthy Americans recieved with Trump's tax cuts, it's kind of incredible to me that he can say this about covid stimulus, out in the open and still be electable. Why isn't the hypocrisy and blatant double standard thrown back in his face? America is weird as hell man. I've never seen a country where the poor are so eager to be fleeced by the rich.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

Not entirely sure how reliable Haberman is, but man, MAN, if this is true, this would be an almost fascinatingly stupid thing for Trump to do.

Facebook has already said they might let him back on in two years.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Given he's perfectly fine with the windfall wealthy Americans recieved with Trump's tax cuts, it's kind of incredible to me that he can say this about covid stimulus, out in the open and still be electable. Why isn't the hypocrisy and blatant double standard thrown back in his face? America is weird as hell man. I've never seen a country where the poor are so eager to be fleeced by the rich.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Astonishing, isn't it?

He's openly saying, "Elect me and I'll make sure you get nothing. Unless you're rich."

Tbh I prefer that honesty to those assholes who voted against it then tried to take credit for it back hone.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
one way for the GOP to be against gerrymandering is if dems get better at it.

No, the only way for the GOP to be against gerrymandering is if the Dems get more advantage out of it than they do, which often has more to do with controlling more states than being "better" at it. (which is mostly a matter of using the right computer programs with the right database to get the optimal results)

One downside of Dems going all in on the gerrymandering themselves would be that getting a federal ban on gerrymandering through congress would be even tougher if lots of Dems owe their current seat to the practice. There's already some resistence to the gerrymandering ban in the For the People Act by Democrats who feel that passing it would result in them getting redistricted out of their seat and being wary of taking the L for the greater good.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
This isn't a good thing, if he wins that sets a really really really bad precedent.

I don't think he can win. There's no constitutional right to membership of a privately owned service and Trump accepted and acknowledged the terms of service when he clicked that checkbox upon creating his account.

Oct 27, 2017
We knew about Trump for decades. Was never a secret, he'd make comments from time to time. People continued to mingle with him anyway.

So he's going to sue regarding membership in a privately-owned venue, and open himself up to discovery on a topic regarding membership in a privately-owned venue. Seems smart.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
"They'll make up some excuse for how this particular partisan gerrymandering is different from other cases they're/not ruled on" is what my point is. That is what they will do. I am calling it right now.
Right now there isn't a line for partisan gerrymandering. The Supreme court have twisted themselves into knots *not* to establish one. Openly partisan gerrymandering has actually been a way to successfully gerrymander, because if you're doing it openly on party lines, you've got a great defense that you aren't doing it on racial (say) lines.

*Any* standard to say X is too far for partisan gerrymandering would definitely lead to a number of law suits in states the GOP gerrymandered to argue that those states have gone too far.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017

His voters are racists and he's not going to stop advocating for racist policy. Economics don't have anything to do with it.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

Not entirely sure how reliable Haberman is, but man, MAN, if this is true, this would be an almost fascinatingly stupid thing for Trump to do.

Facebook has already said they might let him back on in two years.

The guy who is begging for a cheap lawyer is going to sue gigantic business entities? I'm skeptical.

I think this is simply a way to try to influence them to let him back on. This lawsuit would be tossed so fast.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
The timing of this story tells me that the turnout at his speeches was nowhere near what they expected and they're worried he is losing influence.

I feel like this is just another instance of Mouthpiece Maggie Haberman doing her service, and it will be followed by a Trump statement saying, "Maybe I will sue them!" to again try and convince them to let him back on.

I guarantee Twitter isn't scared in the least.

Last edited:

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The timing of this story tells me that the turnout at his speeches was nowhere near what they expected and they're worried he is losing influence.

I feel like this is just another instance of Mouthpiece Maggie Haberman doing her service, and it will be followed by a Trump statement saying, "Maybe I will sue them!" to again try and convince them to let him back on.

I guarantee Twitter isn't scared in the least.
I mean all they have to do is bring a copy of the TOS. Case closed.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Trump post Presidency has been very weird. Visiting the Texas Governor? What in the world.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

It's real, and he's being backed by a conservative group:

• "Trump's legal effort is supported by the America First Policy Institute, a non-profit focused on perpetuating Trump's policies.
  • The group's president and CEO and board chair, former Trump officials Linda McMahon and Brooke Rollins, will accompany him during the announcement.
  • Class action lawsuits would enable him to sue the two tech CEOs on behalf of a broader group of people that he argues have been censored by biased policies."
Again, these are private companies. If a court somehow ruled in their favor it would completely change the landscape in this area.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Trump tends to lose a great majority of his court cases, both brought by him and also cases brought against him by others - this will be no different. In fact, this will be one of his bigger losses.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
Lol this is hilarious and I guarantee its all for show. The 'lawsuit' wont go anywhere and he and his 'team' know this. Just another grift.

Wait until his supporters start getting emails titled 'Trump is fighting FOR YOU against the lame stream social media dictators! Support him now with just $10 so he knows you support him too!'

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting that they're trying the class-action lawsuit approach here. I'm not sure that's going to work the way they expect.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at the person getting angry at holding it for a book, because surely this quote would have sunk him.

He called WWII soldiers "suckers and losers" on the same trip and it had no effect either.

Trump post Presidency has been very weird. Visiting the Texas Governor? What in the world.

Dog and pony show: "Don't you remember when I was tough on brown people? Don't you wish I was in charge again?"

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I guess he's going to try to get his case in front of a judge he appointed? Or at least a friendly hack?

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Those 4 years of garbage might have had some effect. He did lose as an incumbent President. That is significant.

But he got even more votes than in 2016 which is depressing as hell.

Edit:

Anyone want to see what a physical illustration of bat shit crazy looks like? Because I found it:

Does it also look like a butthole? Yes. Yes it does.

Last edited:

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
Trump tends to lose a great majority of his court cases, both brought by him and also cases brought against him by others - this will be no different. In fact, this will be one of his bigger losses.
But he will spin them as a win. It was something he learned from roy Cohen that piece of shit

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
But he got even more votes than in 2016 which is depressing as hell.

Edit:

Anyone want to see what a physical illustration of bat shit crazy looks like? Because I found it:

MISSION OVER EGO!

PUT TRUMP'S FACE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BOARD AND MAKE SURE IT'S THE BIGGEST FACE OF ALL THE FACES. ALSO MAKE SURE TO UNDERLINE JESUS AND HAVE THAT ARROW POINT AT TRUMP.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
This isn't a good thing, if he wins that sets a really really really bad precedent.
He has no shot in hell of winning that.

Sir, you violated our CLEARLY STATED TERMS AND CONDITIONS numerous times. You were warned and when you ignored those warnings, we reserved our right to refuse your use of the service.

It's a company, not a government resource. 1st amendment doesn't apply.

Oct 25, 2017
I just kind of take the lawsuit as a way Trump's people came up with to keep him relevant--his rallies draw in big crowds, but they don't keep him in the broader public mind the way they used to. If he really does intend to run again, he needs something to make the non-faithful remember he exists on occasion.

Why the hell would they pick that picture of Trump? I realize the zoom quality isn't great but he's not smiling or looking particularly determined. It's just such a bad pic!
Ond71Bv.png

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I just kind of take the lawsuit as a way Trump's people came up with to keep him relevant--his rallies draw in big crowds, but they don't keep him in the broader public mind the way they used to. If he really does intend to run again, he needs something to make the non-faithful remember he exists on occasion.

Why the hell would they pick that picture of Trump? I realize the zoom quality isn't great but he's not smiling or looking particularly determined. It's just such a bad pic!
Ond71Bv.png

No one is going to look great when Rudy is floating out of their right ear.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
He has no shot in hell of winning that.

Sir, you violated our CLEARLY STATED TERMS AND CONDITIONS numerous times. You were warned and when you ignored those warnings, we reserved our right to refuse your use of the service.

It's a company, not a government resource. 1st amendment doesn't apply.

And having it as a class-action will just be a collection of people who all broke the well-defined rules individually. I'm boggled by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.