• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2018
Anyone know if the "Bezos bailout" for the Blue Origin moon lander survived the House version of the Endless Frontier Act? I saw they passed their version today but no mention of the BO provision. There were articles before saying House members opposed it but don't know what ended up happening.
It looks like the House bill is totally different from the Senate bill. The two chambers will have to work out a compromise. I doubt the NASA thing is in the House bill, which according to NYT seems to be limited to funding increases for existing R&D programs.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'd probably get high approvals among republicans too if I opposed the basic things needed to make Congress more functional.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Sinema will never lose a primary.
If Sinema was ever faced with a serious challenge come primary time, I'd bet money she just quits on the bench and retires. Can't lose if you never play.

Oct 27, 2017
Well what I thought might happen isn't happening, the eviction moratorium in CT is ending tomorrow. There's still resources and money available for people but we'll see what happens now.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded

Look, it's time we hired a professional.

latest

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there will ever be a point where Tucker becomes too much of a liability for Murdoch.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watching Maddow about this Trump pick for a top cybersecurity job at the Pentagon being under investigation for disclosing unauthorized information? Pretty crazy.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Welp, Republicans are going to get a kick out of this. Can't believe they screwed up this badly...

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Shouldn't be shocking they weren't prepared. NY is kind of dogshit for some election related policies. Even when compared against deep red states like Texas.

Strong Island

May 11, 2020
Ridiculous levels of incompetence. NYC BOE has been a shitshow for years now. Sheer and utter incompetence

Trump's crap is all BS but things like this really don't help the cause of building trust in elections

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

You know, sometimes I'm embarrassed to be in Arkansas... but this just makes my heart swell with pride.

I agree, this is the most childish, immature, cringe I've ever witnessed two senators engage in. Just pathetic.

Edit: three senators lmao. Missed that it's Joni Ernst doing the counting.

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of governors running, I wonder if Ducey will run. I would so love to see him get badly defeated after he has done so much damage in Arizona.

Ummm… deploying troops for a purely political ploy financed by private unnamed donation? What the actual fuck?

Just wait until those NG troops find out they aren't eligible for VA benefits for injuries on this deployment because it isn't a a federal deployment.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Grassley must have traded his ability to write coherent sentences with the ability to do push ups as an octogenarian, which seems like a horrible trade

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Grassley is the old man politician version of Cher, their tweets are equally cryptic and mystifying.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017

And this is why they have to do reconciliation at the same time to get the votes for the deal. Pelosi can't be expected to get the entire fucking caucus on board with a tiny deal. Republicans need to get more on board or fuck off.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017

And this is why they have to do reconciliation at the same time to get the votes for the deal. Pelosi can't be expected to get the entire fucking caucus on board with a tiny deal. Republicans need to get more on board or fuck off.

GOP is getting played on this. They were definitely betting that Manchin and Sinema would oppose reconciliation. Now they're nuking their own deal

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
GOP is getting played on this. They were definitely betting that Manchin and Sinema would oppose reconciliation. Now they're nuking their own deal
The idea wasn't necessarily that they'd oppose it but that democrats would logically do the deal and then maybe reconciliation. But the deal would run into issues from left leaning democrats pissed off about voting for a tiny deal and soon would derail. They were hoping progressives, left democrats and the squad tanked it. The process would take so fucking long maybe they don't even get to reconciliation. But then Pelosi tied them together to get her caucus in line and they realized both would pass.

10 republicans weren't going to vote this deal. I think maybe 5 were genuinely good with it, but no way were all 10 senators actually on board.

So now Biden and Manchin can all scream victory and run around talking about it no matter what dumb shit republicans pull to stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.