• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maddow is talking about the reporting about the Trump Org and the NY DA. And adding her usual spin on it to make it bigger than it appears.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yeah I'm sure Maddow was just saying, "lots of things going on this weekend, it could be a busy weekend", more than anything. With the Arizona Audit, the Trump rally, the recent bad news for Trump, that stupid movie coming out today, etc. She listed those things herself so I'm guessing that was her thought process even though it almost sounded like she expected something to happen.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
The way we lost the Florida senate seat in 2018 by less than 10k votes along with Gillium being 33k votes away from being governor is something that will I believe screw us over for an entire generation in that state. I dont see how florida is anything other than a safe republican state at this point but hopefully we can make up the loss in other states like Georgia while hoping that we dont lose New Hampshire or the remaining blue rustbelt states again (Ohio and Indiana are also lost to us).
I'll be happy if NC trends blue alongside Georgia.

nfreakct

Oct 25, 2017
The way we lost the Florida senate seat in 2018 by less than 10k votes along with Gillium being 33k votes away from being governor is something that will I believe screw us over for an entire generation in that state. I dont see how florida is anything other than a safe republican state at this point but hopefully we can make up the loss in other states like Georgia while hoping that we dont lose New Hampshire or the remaining blue rustbelt states again (Ohio and Indiana are also lost to us).

You'll never not convince me that the ballot design was responsible for this loss.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Not like he needs to give that threat as long as Pelosi keeps her word of holding up the bill until reconciliation is also passed and Manchin and Sinema play ball.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
I mean, it won't get to Biden's desk unless Pelosi gets both bills in her chamber. As long as she sticks to that, there's no issue here. Biden should just agree to work on both and leave it at that.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

Lizza is posting this as a gotcha, but I don't get what's changed? Biden wants to pass the Jobs Plan though the bipartisan deal and the Families Plan through reconciliation. He said that Thursday and reiterated that here. What is the big 180 supposed to be?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Won't it become law if he just waits and doesn't sign it?
Sure, if Congress sends it to him. This is all just optics and semantics. Biden's toning down his rhetoric so that it's not him alone ensuring the bills are only passed in combination, and instead letting Pelosi take control of that. Pelosi (and Schumer) won't allow just one part to go to the White House. No one should read this is as a big deal.

Oct 25, 2017
www.businessinsider.com

GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger rejects Pence likening Trump to Ronald Reagan, says there's 'no comparison' between the two

"Trump is also one of a kind," Pence said in comparing the former president to Reagan. "He too disrupted the status quo. He challenged the establishment."

Kinzinger calls out Pence for comparing Trump to Reagan.
I don't know, I think the two are actually quite similar. But not in the way he thinks.

Both were "actors", both appealed heavily to religious nutjobs, both ignored a major health crisis, both heavily contributed to foreign enemies, both had Bill Barr cover their asses, and both had clear mental issues that their cabinet poorly attempted to cover up.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Dems should really throw in a ban on opt-out recurring political donations to the elections bill.

Klobuchar introduced a bill to stop this, but it looks like only Dems support it for now:

www.klobuchar.senate.gov

Klobuchar, Durbin, Colleagues Introduce Legislation to Ban Pre-Checked Recurring Donation Boxes

Legislation will be introduced following complaints from Americans who were repeatedly charged for donations unwittingly authorized WASHINGTON – Today, U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Chairwoman of the Senate Rules Committee with oversight over federal elections and campaign finance law, and...

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
It's not gonna be 6 trillion, but I'm glad Manchin is on the right track.

I hope someone asks him what his position on Medicare expansion is.

Last edited:

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Come on Manchin, we can go higher than $2 trillion. I mean ultimately if that's what we get plus the bipartisan plan it'll be fine, but reach for the stars my guy.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Barr shit is honestly depressing as fuck. Not even just the election nonsense, but how much he worked closely with the political wing of the admin. Like imagine if there was reporting of Obama and Holder discussing what cases to pursue.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
The Barr shit is honestly depressing as fuck. Not even just the election nonsense, but how much he worked closely with the political wing of the admin. Like imagine if there was reporting of Obama and Holder discussing what cases to pursue.

The election stuff is the least of his misdeeds. Sure, taking calls from the Senate Majority Leader and planning with him in order to arrange a positive outcome for the party is an extremely bad look, but he did it by refuting Trump's election fraudulance calls and it would have been even worse if he hadn't done that. Barr may have refused to jump on the election fraud train for corrupt reasons, but the country would have been in even worse shape if he hadn't.

That said, the article is a clear sign of Barr trying to wipe the shit off his shoes and it shouldn't be forgotten that he was an utterly corrupt official who was more at home in a banana republic than a supposedly constitutional republic with separation of powers.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about Barr was that he was happy to spread Trump's election fraud bullshit before the election. His only issue really came when overturning it was a bridge too far. Mark my words things would be different if it was just one state and a few thousand votes off.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Child tax credit will likely be added to the budget. Also, sadly making it an election issue is ultimately a good thing, politically.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Child tax credit will likely be added to the budget. Also, sadly making it an election issue is ultimately a good thing, politically.

The art of kicking the can is making it land in a place where you can't ignore it later.

$2T would be fire for a réconciliation bill, would be very happy with new investment at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.