• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm against cutting in principle but not too bothered by it in practice. Maybe because a lot of folks are driving to rural areas where demand is low. I'm not sure my thoughts are altogether sorted out. But yeah, in the context of a state distribution process that was less arbitrary and which was working better, cutting would be less defensible. As it is, though, I'm not as bothered.

Yeah I think this is where I'm at. Some people really shouldn't be cutting these lines, but then I also know folks with just one serious comorbidity who here in MA are nervous wrecks because MA is saying it'll be awhile before they're allowed to get a shot. If the rollout was working better as you said, I'd be more worked up about people cutting lines

megabyte

Oct 25, 2017
Also in WA, and similarly hearing about "cutting", which is more frustrating given they widened it to include teachers who definitely need it as many districts are attempting to return in-person. Not sure about doses going to waste since appointments are filling up as soon as they open. Technically, as a "first-responder", I could qualify, but since 100% of my work is telework I would prefer to wait for the specifically allocated dose from my organization.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
This will actually hurt them more than any of the other awful shit they've done:

www.huffpost.com

Dog Rescue Charity Linked To Lara Trump Funneling Money Into Donald Trump’s Pocket

The Big Dog Ranch Rescue has spent as much as $1.9 million at his properties in recent years and is spending $225,000 more at Mar-a-Lago this weekend.

"Dog Rescue Charity Linked To Lara Trump Funneling Money Into Donald Trump's Pocket:
The Big Dog Ranch Rescue has spent as much as $1.9 million at his properties in recent years and is spending $225,000 more at Mar-a-Lago this weekend.
"

Internal Revenue Service filings show that the group has spent as much as $1,883,160 on fundraising costs at Mar-a-Lago and Trump's golf course 18 miles north in Jupiter starting in 2014. Lara Trump, the wife of Eric Trump, started being listed as a chairwoman for charity events in 2018, and the group's president, Lauren Simmons, visited the White House in 2019 for the signing of a bill addressing animal cruelty.
Wow. I had literally scheduled a visit at this dog rescue for next weekend.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
"the liberals are freaking out"

"it's driving the left absolutely mad"

God damn these people are fucking assholes.

There. Is. Currently. A. Fucking. Pandemic.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
I'm pretty sure "the liberals" and "the left" are probably not even paying attention to whatever it is Trump is doing in his everyday life.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It's funny how after four years even he can't keep up the pretense of "Keep America Great" because it's too outlandish for anyone to believe he ever fulfilled his campaign promise to "Make America Great".

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Why would "the left" be driven mad by Trump "getting in shape and losing weight"? Is that suddenly going to make him harder to beat in 2024?

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017

They're clinging desperately to the fantasy that Trump, having effectively dropped off the face of the Earth, is still a relevant force in our lives.

bd3b8cf166de8f21cd9671c06c03033f.gif

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
There were never any real signs that Biden was interested in giving Trump a pardon.

And Georgia liberated Biden to be a whole lot more progressive than he otherwise would have been. But the same is true for all candidates. It's practically impossible to do a lot of work in that area if Mitch is given veto power through the position of majority leader.
Completely true on both accounts. At the time I was just making up all sorts of crazy shit. I hate to admit it I fully expect Ford 2.0.
but simple charm and heart that Biden has is amazing.
he is the perfect man for the moment

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

This is comedy gold.

This looks like a coordinate grift. The thing is all grifters constantly try to get inside Trump orbit and the only known way of doing that is to fawn about him breathlessly and take a shot at liberals. Nothing really more to it.

I really fucking hope the Manhattan DA and other investigations drop the hammer like right now. I can't have anymore of this fucker or his supporters. Lock him up.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Why does Trump need to lose weight and "get in shape"? I thought he was already supposed to be strong as an ox, have amazing levels of energy, and had fantastic genes?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trump looks like he has aged 15 years since January, and I don't mean it as just a joke or dunk either.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
He's absolutely lost significant weight, but it looks like an unhealthy amount very quickly. Stress/illness/drug abuse style weight loss, not intentional. You know there's absolutely no way he's just decided to lose weight at 74.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's mostly the lack of tan/dye I think. Always thought they made 'im look like shit, but I guess if the alternative is corpsely pale...

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet Yglesias is regretting not doing Radical Boring instead of Slow Boring for his substack now.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
It's a known fact the presidency ages you 10-20 years physically

I don't think that applies to Trump though, because he was never really working. This is just how he looks when he's not wearing the fake spray-on tan and the oversized suits to hide the fact that he's an obese 74-year old man who's been living on junk food for the better part of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.