• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
61avMQ%2BMGkL._AC_.jpg

Brought to you by Biden Bucks.
The Democrats have passed a historic 1.9 Trillion stimulus bill (The American Recovery Act)that paves the way to provide direct aid, child credits and economic support to business as well as state and local aid that is desperately needed. Next on the agenda is HR1, the Equality Act and Infrastructure along with the rest of Biden's cabinet appointments.

The fate of the Filibuster now hangs in the balance as several key Dems have stated that we will fight and pass these bills. What happens next? Find out soon!

Reminders:

1) This thread isn't a venting ground for ResetEra threads you don't like.
2) This thread isn't a Twitter feed or live TV comment feed, provide context (as in tweet text or a video link/some attempt at transcription, respectively) for what you post.
3) Ignore these reminders at your own peril

How we got here

US PoliEra 2021 |OT 1| ResetUSA
US PoliEra 2020 |OT11| Biden our time until Jan 20th
US PoliEra 2020 |OT10| One Last 2020, for the road.
US PoliEra 2020 |OT9| Rashida Tlaib 2 : Vote This Motherfucker Out
US PoliEra 2020 |OT8| Do it for Her
US PoliEra 2020 |OT7| Good Trouble
US PoliEra 2020 |OT6| I will not be closing this thread when the second wave hits.
US PoliEra 2020 |OT5| Guidance recommends quarantining PoliERA
US PoliEra 2020 |OT4| Disaster Voltron
US PoliEra 2020 |OT3| "I think he's learned his lesson" says The Concerned Immoderate Darling Collins.
US PoliEra 2020 |OT 2| Dershowitz says "Qui Pro Quo on the Go?"
US PoliEra 2020 |OT 1| THE ANTI BENGHAZI
US PoliEra 2019 |OT11| MOTHERFUCKER IMPEACHED
US PoliEra 2019 |OT10| Go Absent Yourself
US PoliEra 2019 |OT9| I'm really glad I'm not on Twitter nearly enough to understand all the references
US PoliEra 2019 |OT8| WHITE HOUSE ADMITS TO QUID PRO QUO WITH UKRAINE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT7| It's happening
US PoliEra 2019 |OT6| Have You Hurd About These GOP Retirements?
US PoliEra 2019 |OT5| She's got a plan for that, now sashay away
US PoliEra 2019 |OT4| Folded like a DOG
US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| YOU WERE AT MY WEDDING, DENISE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT2| #President Pelosi
US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)
US PoliERA 2018 |OT13| And now the fun starts
US PoliERA 2018 |OT12| The Moscow Project
US PoliERA 2018 |OT11| The Hunt for Blue November
US PoliERA 2018 |OT10| McConnell is "mule piss"
US PoliERA 2018 |OT9| Next week has been EXHAUSTING
US PoliERA 2018 |OT8| Democrats projected to gain F5 seats
US PoliERA 2018 |OT7| Tell Me The Bad Things That Happened Since I Fell Asleep
US PoliERA 2018 |OT6| An Unmitigated Disaster
US PoliERA 2018 |OT5| A Total Goat Rodeo
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan
US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia
US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.
US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy
US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

Schumer-Biden-Pelosi-Money-BT-v3.jpg

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Thanks for picking my title!

The Filibuster War is inevitable.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
That reminds me, I got a anti-union flyer in the mail and the best they could do to scare me about the "Democrat" party was to show that picture of Biden wearing his shit eating grin photoshopped next to Hillary and Pelosi.

lol

less

Oct 25, 2017
Nerf/kill the filibuster and so much good is going to happen. Get it done folks and soon. Don't drag it out for weeks and weeks.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Weeks and weeks would be much sooner than I would have expected. Hopefully after some more confirmations this week, VRA is put on the Senate schedule next.

OH shit. I meant months and months lol. If we can get it nerfed/killed within say five to seven weeks (not counting the break they'll have) I'll be beyond ecstatic.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to say it's better than rage against the Manchin but good job on coming up with one that at least makes me not upset it wasn't chosen

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
There is still a lot of idle capacity for distributing vaccines, so the scale out opportunities are there it is just a matter of states knowing how and when to tack back on equity rationing and focus more on converting doses received into doses delivered. Biden's timeline is kind of letting states know that they have about six or seven weeks to keep sacking out efforts and bring in more private partners.

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, once you have more walgreens and CVS like stores giving out the vaccine it'll be much easier I assume. Access does need to be better but we really are just kicking it off. Thanks to the COVID bill being passed and the money going out for that purpose it should be better.

Asmar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just a lurker and I look forward for another 400 pages of filibuster talk xD

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
This is from 2013 after Harry Reid backed down from nuclear option after a last minute deal.

But the deal to avert a showdown is disappointing on another level because, eventually, the filibuster as it is practiced now has to go. As U.S. News' Peter Fenn ably explains, the supermajority requirement for every piece of legislation is an anomaly of the modern senate, not something dreamed up by the writers of the Constitution.

The modern filibuster clouds democratic (small d) accountability by allowing the minority to thwart the will of the majority and then blame the majority for a lack of change. In a two-party system, then, the incentive is obviously to block everything and proceed to campaign against the majority's lack of results, thus becoming the majority through intransigence.

The filibuster also allows parties to wildly overpromise, knowing that the most extreme versions of legislation will never pass, thus clouding the public's perception of what each party's actual desired policy outcome is and what the realistic result of giving a particular party power will be. (The New Republic's Alec MacGillis has a good take on this.)

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yea, once you have more walgreens and CVS like stores giving out the vaccine it'll be much easier I assume. Access does need to be better but we really are just kicking it off. Thanks to the COVID bill being passed and the money going out for that purpose it should be better.

My parents have appointments with Rite Aid this Wednesday. The process was so simple. Way simpler than the one Walgreens was using, where you had to make an account, prove your identity, print something, bring an email, etc. Not very elderly-friendly.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
I am disappointed the title was not Rage Against the Manchin, but the current one is also way too good, so I can't even be mad.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
What about the overwhelming favorite Rage against the Manchin

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Biden is putting big fucking signatures on those 1400$ checks
As tacky as I thought it was for Trump to have done that, people clearly associated him with that payment. So I agree: put a note in it that these checks are bringing the December payment to the full $2,000 promised and have a big Biden signature on the check itself. The GOP fought tooth and nail not to have this bill passed, so feel free to make sure everyone knows it was Biden and the Democrats who did.

Status
Not open for further replies.