• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
I saw an article yesterday that Trump has basically blocked off accessing any records from his administration to Biden

Here's the article and tweet

I'm not paying to read that, but that can't be true. There is no way Trump's people can just say no you can't access our stuff. Hopefully, this is just what they are telling Trump's crew so they leave thinking they are safe.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
So, if the voting rights bill fails to get enough bipartisan vote support in the Senate, then the filibuster is removed, can the bill be re-introduced? How does that work?

The filibuster stops a bill from coming to a real vote. 60 votes are required to end debate and actually vote on the bill under the current Senate rules. So in essence if the Voting Rights bill doesn't get 60, it never came up for a final vote. They'd just need to bring it to the floor again.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not paying to read that, but that can't be true. There is no way Trump's people can just say no you can't access our stuff. Hopefully, this is just what they are telling Trump's crew so they leave thinking they are safe.

Garland can order whatever he wants. Those computers belong to the Government.
They're placating Trump.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
They're not "the property of the Biden administration" because that's not how government property is designated lol

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Wuh-oh!

Trump's campaign claimed it had nothing to do with the rally that preceded the insurrection at the US Capitol. But 10 of the 12 people listed on the permit for the rally were connected to Trump's reelection campaign, and several worked in the White House.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The filibuster stops a bill from coming to a real vote. 60 votes are required to end debate and actually vote on the bill under the current Senate rules. So in essence if the Voting Rights bill doesn't get 60, it never came up for a final vote. They'd just need to bring it to the floor again.
After doing something to change how the filibuster works.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US

It's accurate in the sense that it's not Biden' PROPERTY, but as POTUS, he absolutely has the right to access that information, and broad discretion in handling it.

Bronlonius

Oct 29, 2017
There's already been proof that people who were hesitant a month ago are more willing to get it now that they know other people have been vaccinated without issue. Yes, there's always going to be the antivax chuds, but a lot of people just don't like the idea of being guinea pigs (even though this isn't a logical argument, since all of these vaccines have already gone through phase 3 testing) and are okay with it once someone they know/love has taken it and can vouch for it.

Once concerts get going again, as well as other halfway normal events, specifically if they require vaccination or proof of negative covid test, a whole lot more will get vaccinated as to not be left out of the fun. I think concerts will be the straw that gets the biggest % to get the vaccine.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
EH7mWTnX4AIG2WG.jpg

Pfft...Mario can't take off his red ahem..."M" cap and pretend he is now somehow different!

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018

Ah okay. Gotcha.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The thing about OLC opinions is that they are opinions written by the executive branch, for the executive branch, and have no legal weight until they are tested in court. The Supreme Court scoffed at the OLC memo when they were weighing the subpoenas for Trump's taxes, and said as much in their opinion in the Trump v Vance ruling.

It won't even make it that far, because Garland can just say "lol no" the moment he's sworn in, and anyone who opposed his direct orders would have to resign, as we saw with Barr.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

BREAKING --> Fox News political editor Chris Stirewalt was laid off today alongside just under 20 Fox News staffers. Stirewalt sat on the Fox News decision desk, which has come under fire for its early call on Arizona election night. Story forthcoming...

Surprised it took this long tbh. Absolutely was a repeat of Karl Rove going mad after Obama won Ohio way back when. They even dragged the decision staff out again to yell at them too.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
McConnell is all about planning and long term strategy and he can't do that as long as Trump is in the picture. He's an unpredictable wild card.

You could definitely make the argument that Perdue and Loeffler would have had a much better chance without Trump and his buddies peddling voter fraud, and McConnell knows it. No one sees Marjorie Taylor-Greene's district significantly underperforming in the runoffs as a coincidence.

More than an argument. That's statistically accurate based on the polling, isn't it?

Laurentius

Apr 18, 2018
It's a bit hyperbolic, but not entirely unfair.

He promised 100 million doses in 100 days. If he doesn't deliver, that's not a great start to his administration.

Yeah, we're currently averaging 776,901 doses a day, so if that can't be brought up to an average of 1 million/day, that's a pretty big failure. If anything, I think 100 million is undershooting (but probably better to overdeliver).

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018

Fox News is going to go even more right wing crazy next 4 years

So instead of letting Newsmax and OAN have the ever shrinking Trump cult audience, they are doubling down on bullshit to get them back at the cost of the last few legitimate news people left on staff. These Fox network executives are just as stupid as the audience they pander to.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Time is a flat circle folks. Fox coming into conflict with its more accurate polling/election desk is nothing new. If they take an axe to whatever arm deals with their polls or decision desk, seems like a shame as that's somehow stayed consistent despite Fox's effort to brand everything as partisan as possible.

Oct 25, 2017

Fox News is going to go even more right wing crazy next 4 years

It's sort of astonishing how consequential that call remains--that decision desk making that call instantly deflated Trump's planned victory speech. We'll never really know how much impact that ultimately had, given how eager people were to buy into the stolen election narrative anyway, but all else aside at least that guy blew up his job over a major decision that was ultimately an accurate call.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Time is a flat circle folks. Fox coming into conflict with its more accurate polling/election desk is nothing new.

Funny how in both instances I saw plenty of even well-meaning liberals go "well they still shouldn't have called it that early" despite the fact that both times they were proven unequivocally correct. It's not like it was a lucky guess either time, and in this case the early Arizona call saved us from a whole mess of bullshit that would have come from Trump getting to declare victory early.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Pence just posted a bunch of goodbye pics on his Twitter. No Trump in any of them.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Funny how in both instances I saw plenty of even well-meaning liberals go "well they still shouldn't have called it that early" despite the fact that both times they were proven unequivocally correct. It's not like it was a lucky guess either time, and in this case the early Arizona call saved us from a whole mess of bullshit that would have come from Trump getting to declare victory early.

Fox absolutely saved us a whole lot of pain that night and the decision desk coming out to tell everyone to pound sand about their call made it all the more meaningful. Standing by the call despite reports that Trump himself was calling Fox to overturn it made headlines all night long.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The Trump farewell video is up on YouTube.
I'm not watching it, but if any of you want to torture yourself one last time, go for it.

It's 19 minutes long... ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.