• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, maybe I'm giving the Dems way too much 3D chess credit, but making the Voting Rights bill the first one in the Senate sure as hell looks like them setting a "Sure we're willing to work with Republicans on bipartisan legislation" trap that's going to immediately end with a nerfed or nuked filibuster. I don't know how else to interpret that. I think the GA races have some people in the party energized to get this shit done.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I suppose this is the double edged sword of our current environment.

Yes we know more of these people exist than we ever thought possible but hot damn are they easy to find

There is something inherently performative and egotistical about their hate and paranoia where they can't help but brandish it proudly in the open for all to see

Unless you actually work for the CIA/FSB/Mossad, it's just about impossible to hide your true intentions. Humans are just too desperate for validation of their worldview. And to actually convincingly pull off that "double agent" con requires you to engage with and internalize "the enemy's lies" to a degree that's inconceivable to a proud ideologue.

The shorter answer is people are too fucking stupid to keep up a ruse like that. The only person we're capable of fooling is ourselves.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It's not realistic, but I'm hoping against hope that his bitterness gets the better of him, and he spitefully refuses to pardon anyone today.
I'm guessing he'll pardon his family and some people that are either really close to him or supported his campaign hard and at the same time screw over a bunch of other republicans expecting a pardon.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Trump can keep a pardon hidden from the public until that person granted the pardon is Federally indicted and then it would be unsealed. I wouldn't believe any list he puts out there.

Oct 29, 2017
He was saying goodbye to Delaware and remembering his late son Beau

Damn, yeah :(

From clips I've seen, like this one from today, and for example the one of him comforting the son of a father who died from (what, if I remember correctly, was) a school shooting, Biden shows a depth of emotional maturity that we DESPERATELY need male examples and leadership on in this country. This fake machismo and toxic masculinity that Trump has emboldened and supposedly exemplifies needs to go.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
I am strangely more hopeful for DC statehood after the riot.

It's a national security issue at this point. Jan 6th proved that. When you're needing to call neighboring states to send in their National Guard because you don't have one, that's a problem to say the least.

The sooner the Senate nukes the filibuster to get it passed, the better. It's long past time for the taxed residents of Douglas Commonwealth to have representation.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump can keep a pardon hidden from the public until that person granted the pardon is Federally indicted and then it would be unsealed. I wouldn't believe any list he puts out there.
Is this true? Seems hard to believe. Someone has to be in the room and witness to the pardons don't they? He has to submit them somewhere?

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
So, if the voting rights bill fails to get enough bipartisan vote support in the Senate, then the filibuster is removed, can the bill be re-introduced? How does that work?

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Manu Raju
@mkraju
Josh Hawley says he won't allow Mayorkas to get a quick vote to head DHS, citing Biden's immigration plan. "Given this, I cannot consent to skip the standard vetting process and fast-track this nomination when so many questions remain unanswered."
3:01 PM · Jan 19, 2021

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't look like any of the Trumps are getting pardoned:

Should have listened to 'Mutti' Merkel:

EsHq5HXXIAAOMY6

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The first half of the article doesn't sound like Trump at all. Since when does he care about "perception"? He really only cares about the Senate having him by the balls now, which they cover in the closing paragraphs.
It's not just perception here, pardons would open up other avenues in litigation and investigation already against him.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

The idiot incited it and is acting like he had nothing to do with it.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Fox News has a weird definition of hard work.

Staying up late to watch Fox News is hard work? LOL.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Fox News has a weird definition of hard work.

Staying up late to watch Fox News is hard work? LOL.

I see Fox News is right back on track with its usual programming and Bullshit

How do we take down this shit hole thorn in America's side? Even without Trump this network is going to continue feedin the birds

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Doesn't look like any of the Trumps are getting pardoned:

I always thought the fleeing the country thing some people were saying was a joke, but with no self-pardons and all the loan debt he has coming due I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an extended stay out of the country. Dumb ass probably is stupid enough to think he is shielded from indictments at Trump Turnberry in Scotland. "I'm not in the US, so they can't touch me, very legal and very cool" -Trump a day before he gets extradited probably.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018

He kept inciting a war with Iran. Twice. And North Korea. And China.

And he made drone strikes. And he betrayed Kurdish allies to leave them for dead.

He can shut the fuck up.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Can Biden unseal them? It would be weird that a president can declassify whatever he/she wants, but couldn't reveal a predecessor's secret pardons.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can Biden unseal them? It would be weird that a president can declassify whatever he/she wants, but couldn't reveal a predecessor's secret pardons.
I saw an article yesterday that Trump has basically blocked off accessing any records from his administration to Biden

Here's the article and tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.