• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would Mitch be talking shit if he didn't have the votes?

I'm still torn. I hate the idea that McConnell helps create this monster, gets his stacked courts and tax cut, then throws him under the bus.
I guess in the end McConnell actually wants democracy to stick around, even if it's just the shambling zombie democracy he championed.

While they may convict Trump, I don't think it will matter in the long run. Unless something really changes, Republicans will eventually decide that they would rather destroy democracy than fairly compete with Democrats.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so. He's always pretty vindictive and outspoken when he has the votes to shoot something down or vote for something like taking healthcare away from millions.

17 Republicans, though?

I can think of 5. Max.

Someone gonna have to point out the other dozen defectors. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I guess in the end McConnell actually wants democracy to stick around, even if it's just the shambling zombie democracy he championed.

While they may convict Trump, I don't think it will matter in the long run. Unless something really changes, Republicans will eventually decide that they would rather destroy democracy than fairly compete with Democrats.

We already know the answer. Mitch wouldn't even be entertaining this if he were still the majority leader.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Apparently some MAGAts vandalized a Bernie mural in DC and covered his face (a jewish man) with Pepe

these fuckers aren't even trying to hide it anymore

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the situation in which Trump immediately announces his '24 run after tomorrow, leeches tens of millions from his sheep, and then Turtle and the GOP vote to convict and instantly end his candidacy within days.

Gazele

Oct 25, 2017
I still think McConnell says that what Trump did was impeachable but because he's out of office they can't convict him

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
17 Republicans, though?

I can think of 5. Max.

Someone gonna have to point out the other dozen defectors. Just doesn't make sense to me.

We already know the answer. Mitch wouldn't even be entertaining this if he were still the majority leader.

Yeah, I can't think of 17 of them either, but it's not like him to risk himself if he doesn't have the votes.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone pointed out Trumps approvals are already recovering so now is the time to take him out. If they dont it will be a fatal error.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck has the AG confirmation hearing not even been scheduled at this point?

:checks judiciary committee website:

"Chairman: Lindsey Graham" ...oh, I see...

"Ranking Member: Diane Feinstein" ...oh, fucking hell...

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As someone pointed out Trumps approvals are already recovering so now is the time to take him out. If they dont it will be a fatal error.

Precisely why, I would argue, that they can't.

He's still the defacto leader of the GOP. Which in my opinion, is actually pretty great. He can finish tearing the party in two and leaving it in shambles. It's what they deserve.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the situation in which Trump immediately announces his '24 run after tomorrow, leeches tens of millions from his sheep, and then Turtle and the GOP vote to convict and instantly end his candidacy within days.

Trump would love that. He'd keep the money and get to play the victim.
He hated being president. He loved the adulation and monetizing the office.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
True, but now it'll be all about a vengeance run. He probably has a burning desire to get back at everyone.

Yeah, but he'll just try to ruin them while keeping the grift going.
He's going to be in legal hot water every day for the rest of his life so hopefully, just like a miracle, he just goes away.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Not surprised at all by Pence ditching the event. Trump's terrorists tried to kill him after all.

As for McConnell and Senate Rs... I think they are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Could see it going either way, but where they fall will be telling.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
What's the political benefit of this when Trump can remerge and potentially destroy you for such things?

Exactly. If he doesn't have the votes, Trump will attack him constantly and also attack anyone Mitch wants to get elected. Mitch will lose all his power - which is the only thing he cares about.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I still think McConnell says that what Trump did was impeachable but because he's out of office they can't convict him

Nah, Mitch wants him gone and not running again. Trump's about to go into revenge mode (I guess he never stopped though) against the GOP that "betrayed him". Not being able to run again would stop Trump from running third party, which would destroy the GOP forever.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Precisely why, I would argue, that they can't.

He's still the defacto leader of the GOP. Which in my opinion, is actually pretty great. He can finish tearing the party in two and leaving it in shambles. It's what they deserve.

I would warn anyone against the kind of thinking that underestimates Trump's ability to come back strong. The only thing that is great is him gone for good.

Tim-E

Oct 31, 2017
It's aggravating when people are strolling into work at 1 PM after they've put their notice in.

Gazele

Oct 25, 2017
I hope you guys are right. Maybe McConnell thinks Trump will be dead by 2024? It's not a crazy assumption

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I hope you guys are right. Maybe McConnell thinks Trump will be dead by 2024? It's not a crazy assumption

I hope I'm right. McConnell gains nothing for speaking out now without a conviction behind it. Betting that Trump is dead by 2024 still leaves him to wreck stuff until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.