• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Let's hope this gets better as we go forward. 58% isn't going to get it done.
I have to imagine that states and countries will start tying the ability to travel with confirmed vaccinations at some point right? Or even beyond that, you can't go in to see your favorite sports team in person or watch a movie in theaters unless you are vaccinated. I'm sure that has some bad implications about who will be left behind in those cases but it might be the only way to get numbers up.

There needs to be some further incentivization for getting the vaccine.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Also lmao

Folks, we need the FREEDOM to support violently overthrowing our own democracy.

Me whenever Difi speaks

05e6f88d540ea0ebeb9b4cc7d5082771.png

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Feinstein is years and years past being mentally fit enough to be in the Senate. It's straight up embarrassing at this point.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
My wife's mom got a call this week from a somewhat estranged relative who was telling her to stock up on gas and supplies because Biden was about to declare martial law; I bet a lot of people can relate.
Sadly my dad thinks this and says the red flag warning is a red herring... despite us having non seasonal winds and low humidity when we normally have rain and being in a huge fire threat region since we didn't have a big one last year
Fix the USPS, fix the IRS, fix the VRA. Biden is going to have a busy 100 days.
Good news, new VRA bill is first thing on congress's bracket Thursday

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
This is like the 4th time someone was going to declare martial law since covid started.

The fact people keep parroting it proves that whisper lines and Q being wrong... every day... don't wake people up

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do, nowhere to go
I wanna be sedated

Just get him to the airport
Put him on a plane

Hurry hurry hurry, before I go insane
I can't control my fingers
I can't control my brain, oh no

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do, nowhere to go
I wanna be sedated

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
This is like the 4th time someone was going to declare martial law since covid started.

The fact people keep parroting it proves that whisper lines and Q being wrong... every day... don't wake people up

At this point Q folks are living in a world where your last bastion of hope for overturning the election is apparently some guy who hawks pillows on infomercial ads via FOX so...

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Feinstein has until 2024 too. Maybe it would be best if we could get her to step down at some point before 2022.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
If you want to hate DiFi more, watch the new Night Stalker documentary on Netflix.

Also

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
FFS, was she ever a competent politician? I was watching the Night Stalker doc on Netflix over the weekend and just had to laugh and shake my head when she popped up as Mayor of San Francisco and held a press conference and revealed sensitive information about the case that authorities were holding back to not tip off the killer.
I had the exact same reaction - I had to rewind and then go down a Wikipedia hole reading up about Feinstein.

She really needs to leave the Senate - California deserves so much better.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
DiFi is the kinda Dem Senator I expect from a place like Wisconsin or something barely electing. California needs to get its shit together.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

Q has never been right about anything and yet the stupid keeps spreading.

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered that President-elect Biden used to teach Constitutional Law at my law school. I remember thinking that was pretty neat going there when he became VP.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Officially 24 hours until Joe Biden is the President. We're in the endgame now.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I have to imagine that states and countries will start tying the ability to travel with confirmed vaccinations at some point right? Or even beyond that, you can't go in to see your favorite sports team in person or watch a movie in theaters unless you are vaccinated. I'm sure that has some bad implications about who will be left behind in those cases but it might be the only way to get numbers up.

There needs to be some further incentivization for getting the vaccine.
I expect that will happen. There are already moves to provide a "passport" to prove your vaccination, and airline CEO's have hinted that international travel will probably require proof of vaccination or a negative test.

Imagine a future probably not that far off where we're all wearing AR glasses which color "safe" people in green and "avoid" people in red.

www.cnn.com

Microsoft, Oracle and other tech giants team up Covid-19 vaccine 'passports'

With coronavirus vaccines now rolling out across the United States, businesses and schools are considering how, and what it will take, to safely resume in-person operations.

It'll be a Larry David style future.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@axios
1m
Congressional leaders, including House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, will skip Trump's departure ceremony in Maryland tomorrow morning in favor of attending mass with Biden ahead of his inauguration.
axios.com/republican-lea…

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018

Good news: Senate Dems will introduce a sweeping pro-democracy bill today as the first bill under their new majority. Includes automatic voter registration, rehabbing Voting Rights Act, and more. It's the Dem answer to Trump's assault on our democracy:

Holy fuck already. =O

Other things included in the bill that the tweet doesn't mention, according to the article:
  • Requires states to adopt independent redistricting commissions
  • Restrict efforts by states to place suppressive hurdles on voting and vote-by-mail.
  • New disclosure requirements on lobbying and "dark money" spending.
  • Requirement of presidents and vice presidents to disclose their tax returns.
I'm so happy to see that they're already going to try to get this done. I sure hope this bill passes, it sounds amazing, In fact this bill alone would make me feel somewhat better about the midterms. Dem turnout is one thing, but the systems also being rigged in the GOP's favor is another thing entirely. I'd love to see this hurdle gone.

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
Listening to the confirmation hearings it's shocking to hear republicans speaking about governance shit that actually matters. Let's do the time warp again.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
At this point, if they don't send Trump off into some political shadow realm, expecting an even angrier Trump in 2024. He's been neutered by social media platforms, but I mean he clearly is looking for avenues to get back online somehow. Almost wonder if he'd have any pull simply self publishing posts on his own dumb little server. TRUMP ISSUES STATEMENT FROM HIS SELF PUBLISHED XANGA PAGE

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Holy fuck already. =O

Other things included in the bill that the tweet doesn't mention, according to the article:
  • Restrict efforts by states to place suppressive hurdles on voting and vote-by-mail.
I'm so happy to see that they're already going to try to get this done. I sure hope this bill passes, it sounds amazing, In fact this bill alone would make me feel somewhat better about the midterms. Dem turnout is one thing, but the systems also being rigged in the GOP's favor is another thing entirely. I'd love to see this hurdle gone.

I got laughed at in another thread for telling people I expected something similar within the first 6 months.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
This shit and the GA runoffs really shook McConnell, huh?
He really wants to get rid of him completely doesn't he.
McConnell is all about planning and long term strategy and he can't do that as long as Trump is in the picture. He's an unpredictable wild card.

You could definitely make the argument that Perdue and Loeffler would have had a much better chance without Trump and his buddies peddling voter fraud, and McConnell knows it. No one sees Marjorie Taylor-Greene's district significantly underperforming in the runoffs as a coincidence.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Republicans are smart they will impeach to insure he doesn't run again. If he announces he's running in 2024 he's the defacto nominee crushing all their 2024 nominee hopes.

BronzeWolf

Nov 3, 2017
Mexico
McConnell doesn't want to rule over a burnt country. He just wants to oppress poor people in peace. Trump doesn't allow that.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck already. =O

Don't want to doompost, but two questions:
- They'd pretty much have to nuke the filibuster to get this sort of legislation through the Senate, right?
- If this bill reaches Biden's desk, what would prevent the current SCOTUS from simply going, 'LOL, unconstitutional! 6-3 majority, bitches! Suck it!'? Or to ask this the other way round: Given that the Roberts court has been reliably anti-voting-rights and pro-dark money, is there a way for Congress to legislate this in a way that would prevent the SCOTUS from just nuking it again?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
They have to. They have to know that if not, Trump will just come back in '24 and wreak more havoc. And not the havoc the need in keeping the country running.
Works for me if they want to convict him. I agree that if they don't, utter chaos will engulf that party in the long term. (more so than already)

Status
Not open for further replies.