• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what it sounds like! I don't totally hate the idea in principle, but it's pretty weird to imagine going to a national park with statues of Steve Jobs, Whitney Houston, William F Buckley and Andrew Jackson. Fitting that Trump's legacy includes something so kitschy. I hope Biden allows Trump to be released from prison for the day, and wheel him in on a gurney for the ribbon-cutting.
CunH0HtVYAAvZt2.jpg

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Exactly what it sounds like! I don't totally hate the idea in principle, but it's pretty weird to imagine going to a national park with statues of Steve Jobs, Whitney Houston, William F Buckley and Andrew Jackson. Fitting that Trump's legacy includes something so kitschy. I hope Biden allows Trump to be released from prison for the day, and wheel him in on a gurney for the ribbon-cutting.
This is so Madame Tussauds.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

www.npr.org

Trump's Census Director To Quit After Trying To Rush Out 'Indefensible' Report

After whistleblowers revealed Director Steven Dillingham was quietly pushing for a "statistically indefensible" report, calls have been growing for him to leave before his term expires at year's end.

At the very least, it looks like the GOP plan to completely rig the census and then rush out the results is going to fail miserably. Wouldn't be surprised if Biden orders a re-do.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
At the very least, it looks like the GOP plan to completely rig the census and then rush out the results is going to fail miserably. Wouldn't be surprised if Biden orders a re-do.
I mean, one of the Dems goal should be to get non partisan redistricting established before the census ends to prevent and reverse the ridiculousness of gerrymanding that's gotten out of hand the last 20 years. It'd have a major effect in 2022 on both a state and federal level

Apple

Oct 27, 2017
I was reading here over the weekend that Biden could easily fire this Trump loyalist they're installing last minute on day 1. Now I heard a little while ago in TV that it's the opposite and that it would be very difficult to do so?

The former FBI official Frank Figliuzzi sounded super worried about this and said it was absolutely urgent that this dude be removed immediately and Biden could deal with the lawsuit later.

Trump's administration didn't give a shit about what they could and couldn't do when it came to hiring and firing, and I don't see why Biden should either - especially if it has to do with one of these ill-appointed Trump cronies.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Thanks for going with this name. Easily the best (not that others weren't good as well) for this new era (intentional).

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It just hit me that we could be seeing a true left leaning government in our life time. So many thing possible that wasn't possible before. I hope democrats don't squander it.
I lay awake at night thinking about this.

This is an opportunity I didn't think we'd have. I conditioned myself for years never to expect anything good to happen. Now the playing field is different and good things actually will happen. I hope Dems go hard and don't let up.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With the current set up I'm not thinking that shooting for the moon is possible. But good things are very possible. And if the dems don't do voter rights acts and new states they're fucked, but if they do, that opens up a lot of possibilities.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it incredibly rare for the sitting party control to hold through the midterms? I know the senate map is looking increasingly favorable for Democrats, but I don't have a lot of hope for the House. But who knows with Trump removed from the ticket.

Dec 31, 2017
Isn't it incredibly rare for the sitting party control to hold through the midterms? I know the senate map is looking increasingly favorable for Democrats, but I don't have a lot of hope for the House. But who knows with Trump removed from the ticket.

Democrats have a chance to really control the narrative over the next two years. This is going to be a recovery presidency after 4 years of insanity; if they give the people what they want with popular policies and maintain their "normal" governance style, they have a chance to hold.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Man i would really like to see the reactions of trumpers to a first lady speech with that much of an accent if she were a democrat.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that's something, huh

Chris Vickery
@VickerySec

2h

Parler is back online now by routing 100% of its user traffic through servers located within the Russian Federation.

Raise your hand if you understand the very significant impact this has on the ability to surveil and target insurrectionists who organize on Parler.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017

Depends, one thing to note is we are getting all new maps next term for reps, even with how bad we did house wise in several states we made up a huge difference in governorships and state legislatures in 2018/2019 that there might be better maps for dems to hold on to seats then there currently are. Wisconsin and Michigan maps alone are going to be huge changes.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
The Biden's will share a bedroom in the White House, unlike the Trump's...who had separate bedrooms. 🤔

Yet one part of the bedroom set-up will be markedly different with the Bidens than it was for the Trumps: the Bidens will be sharing a bedroom. Melania Trump spent the majority of her time in the White House in the large bedroom suite typically reserved for Presidents and their spouse, adjacent to the West Sitting Hall, according to a source with knowledge of the arrangement.
"Donald Trump slept in his own bedroom, which was previously a study or den during other administrations," the source said of the arrangement.

Also, this is a good plan:
By that time, all Trump paraphernalia will be gone, and a thorough top-to-bottom cleaning of the entire White House campus will have been completed. Deeper cleaning protocols were arrangedvia the White House with outside contractors, on top of regular cleaning done by staff, including specialized attention to rugs, carpets, curtains and surfaces, to tackle any possibility of lingering germs, of the Covid-19 sort or otherwise.

www.cnn.com

Trumps' snub of Bidens historic in its magnitude

On the morning of January 20, Donald Trump and Melania Trump will depart the White House as President and first lady, but they will not invite their incoming counterparts, Joe and Jill Biden, inside before they do.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
The Biden's will share a bedroom in the White House, unlike the Trump's...who had separate bedrooms. 🤔

Also, this is a good plan:

www.cnn.com

Trumps' snub of Bidens historic in its magnitude

On the morning of January 20, Donald Trump and Melania Trump will depart the White House as President and first lady, but they will not invite their incoming counterparts, Joe and Jill Biden, inside before they do.

Hope they also sweep for bugs left by Russians and/or Trumps

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I wish we would be hearing much more about DC statehood from prominent Dems. That's the only slightly disappointing thing from my perspective since we won GA.

Feels like something only being whispered about currently. In reality it should be one of the priorities for Biden & Dems. It should be pushed forward as soon as possible.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Not gonna lie: When I have a significant other someday, I'm gonna propose separate bedrooms.

Because I have sleeping issues and would probably be an absolute nightmare to share a bed with every single night.

Yeah, it's really not fair to beat up Trump for this, as it works for a lot of couples. But it's Trump, and I'm feeling petty, so fuck it.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
If Dems had lost the senate it would be a different story but
Depends, one thing to note is we are getting all new maps next term for reps, even with how bad we did house wise in several states we made up a huge difference in governorships and state legislatures in 2018/2019 that there might be better maps for dems to hold on to seats then there currently are. Wisconsin and Michigan maps alone are going to be huge changes.
This, especially if they put redistricting under the control of an independent non-partisan faction combined with strong voters rights protection. Pubs get their edge via suppression and gerrymanding. Remove those 2 things and both state and federal elections change drastically

Oct 22, 2020
Yeah, it's really not fair to beat on Trump for this, as it's works for a lot of couples. But it's Trump, and I'm feeling petty, so fuck it.
Oh this is absolutely fair. The two of them have separate bedrooms because he's insufferable and a gross sex monster. Not for any reason that a normal couple would have separate bedrooms.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
If Dems had lost the senate it would be a different story but

This, especially if they put redistricting under the control of an independent non-partisan faction combined with strong voters rights protection. Pubs get their edge via suppression and gerrymanding. Remove those 2 things and both state and federal elections change drastically

Yep

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, new thread smell. Just over 40 hours to go. Prepared to feel annoyed by all the bullshit pardons tomorrow.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to going to sleep on January 20th knowing we have actual adults running our country again.

And not dreading whatever crazy WaPo notifications are stacked up on my phone when I wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.