• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Is she just playing semantics here? She didn't give a tour. She just allowed her Q buddies access to be toured through the Capitol. One way or the other, there has got to be evidence of those who were in the building and who signed off on it, I would think.
Who knows. If they have footage, someone needs to say so sooner rather than later. I've read reporting that any formal approvals and logging of who members bring into the Capitol is pretty damned loose, so there might not be as much there as we'd like.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
When I report Q-nuts on Twitter, I always pick the "threatening violence" tag because Q is inherently violent. They are absolutely frothy over The Storm coming - "this time for real, we mean it".

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Leaked list of actions that Joe Biden plans to take on Day 1 of his presidency, per CBC news:
EsAB_XfXcAEl-S3

Trump's environmental EOs getting rolled back. =O

Out of all of Trump's bullshit EOs, I thought those were most likely going to be able to sneak by. Glad to see they're not!

Damn Biden's been really on a roll so far. I sure hope this continues into his presidency.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
Actual chances for weed legalization or federal decriminalization? I know it is not exactly first priority atm... but curious if it actually happens.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Actual chances for weed legalization or federal decriminalization? I know it is not exactly first priority atm... but curious if it actually happens.
The House passed a bill to decriminalize nationally shortly after the election. It would need to pass again but that shouldn't be a problem.

Schumer's been pushing for legalization, so I guess it'll just come down to whether it can pass in a 50-50 Senate, with or without the filibuster. There are some libertarianish types like Rand Paul who might support it and make up for lost Democratic votes, but who knows (I believe the House bill taxes sales federally in states where it's legalized, that would probably be a dealbreaker for Paul).

If it makes it to Biden's desk I'd be shocked if he vetoes it, regardless of how cool he's been towards the idea. Harris was a sponsor of the equivalent bill in the Senate and could probably lobby him to sign it if it came to that.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
The House passed a bill to decriminalize nationally shortly after the election. It would need to pass again but that shouldn't be a problem.

Schumer's been pushing for legalization, so I guess it'll just come down to whether it can pass in a 50-50 Senate, with or without the filibuster. There are some libertarianish types like Rand Paul who might support it and make up for lost Democratic votes, but who knows (I believe the House bill taxes sales federally in states where it's legalized, that would probably be a dealbreaker for Paul).

If it makes it to Biden's desk I'd be shocked if he vetoes it, regardless of how cool he's been towards the idea. Harris was a sponsor of the equivalent bill in the Senate and could probably lobby him to sign it if it came to that.
Thank you for the information. Hopefully they get to it once the un-fuck the main issues.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. I know there are quite a few liberal country stars that refuse to be public about it for fear of losing fans (e.g., Brad Paisley, etc.).

Yeah I think he is quietly left of center. I think anyone in that industry who is at all progressive remains quiet due to the fan base. I remember reading once that his sister is gay and a few of his songs (not sure which) are interpreted as supporting gay rights as well.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading here over the weekend that Biden could easily fire this Trump loyalist they're installing last minute on day 1. Now I heard a little while ago in TV that it's the opposite and that it would be very difficult to do so?

The former FBI official Frank Figliuzzi sounded super worried about this and said it was absolutely urgent that this dude be removed immediately and Biden could deal with the lawsuit later.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was reading here over the weekend that Biden could easily fire this Trump loyalist they're installing last minute on day 1. Now I heard a little while ago in TV that it's the opposite and that it would be very difficult to do so?

The former FBI official Frank Figliuzzi sounded super worried about this and said it was absolutely urgent that this dude be removed immediately and Biden could deal with the lawsuit later.
Its bad news. Probably gonna gimp the entire NSA and release sensitive intel to bad folks.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If DC becomes a state I wonder how trump will react. I mean presidents create agencies all the time but when was the last time they get to add a state?

Status
Not open for further replies.