• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Yea ok a fire. Good to be cautious and I get why the media types are reporting it but jeez maybe wait until we have a bit more information.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there are like 2 spots where you can get within a mile of capitol, and even so they're blocked by people holding machine guns. people need to calm down

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Of course he is. He's a narcissist.

I give Pence full blame for anything Trump does over the next few years. He could have ended it instantly with the 25th amendment.
Do you really think a majority of the cabinet would have agreed to toss Trump out? I could see two or three, but eight seems very out of reach.

Oct 25, 2017
there are like 2 spots where you can get within a mile of capitol, and even so they're blocked by people holding machine guns. people need to calm down

Yea. I get the need to report this but reports like this just scare people. The fire is already taken care of and people on twitter are still reacting to the initial report.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe. Pence being for it would have changed the equation.
The thing about impeachment is that responsibility for tossing the president out is carried by hundreds of representatives and senators. With the 25th, it's carried by nine people alone*. All the disincentives like death threats that disloyal Republican congresspeople are subject to are greatly magnified for one of the nine cabinet members who throws out Donald. I'm not sympathetic to them or anything, but it makes sense that it would be more difficult politically.

*at least within this unusual timeframe of the final two weeks of a lame-duck presidency.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
So I read the Constitution last night.

It's remarkably simple. How actually did our government function for this long?

It needs like 20 more amendments.

Oct 25, 2017
Biden's press secretary is going to have tough time dealing with the far-right channels that now have press access. You just know the OAN shitheads are going to ask super-loaded questions intended to get "gotcha" answers.
Unless they're denied access which would be nice.

Oct 29, 2017

What an absolute moron. Did she not realize how much evidence she would leave behind in doing this? No doubt her and the group were captured on countless security cameras and proving it was her, and folks from the insurrection, will be pretty easy.

She's either really, really dumb or truly believed she would be beyond consequence after January 6th (which is scarier, you tell me!).

Status
Not open for further replies.