• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DONALD YOU'RE FIRED
biden-11.jpg

We made it folks. On the eve of a new era; a hopefully progressive era where justice and fairness are espoused. Instead of hate, racism and lies we fight for love, equality and truth. Instead of egoism and thinking of how to hurt altruism and thinking how to save are made possible. We didn't get here with Joe and Kamala alone.

WFS5UZDVBQI6VKN5T6FVSMYA2A.jpg

Stacy Abrams and a whole host of people in Georgia helped elect the first Black Senator in the south for the Democratic party and the first millennial senator in "deep red" Georgia. Georgians managed to push a Black preacher and a Jewish man to the senate and give power and voice to those who were long either ignored or silenced in a state known for its fight for civil rights.
Qfpv35HK_400x400.jpg
K-i3xjEK.jpg

With these two historic victories the Democratic Party managed to secure the US senate for at least 2 years and allow us to pass a long list of progressive legislation. Even now Biden has signaled support for recession support and covid relief, a fight for $15 minimum wage, an end to the muslim ban, immigration reform and an end to the horrible family separation at the border, ending the Keystone XL pipeline, fighting climate changed and more. For the first time in four long, terrible years we have much to look forward to and I for one cannot wait to see what we build.

We also had a Coup attempt.

It was sponsored by MyPillow.
tumblr_pryzc9uHkS1qzyswao1_500.jpg

So now, let's welcome our first black woman Vice President and our first No Malarkey! President.

tumblr_og8ddhQJ241qdhps7o9_r2_250.gifv

Reminders:

1) This thread isn't a venting ground for ResetEra threads you don't like.
2) This thread isn't a Twitter feed or live TV comment feed, provide context (as in tweet text or a video link/some attempt at transcription, respectively) for what you post.
3) Ignore these reminders at your own peril

How we got here

US PoliEra 2020 |OT11| Biden our time until Jan 20th
US PoliEra 2020 |OT10| One Last 2020, for the road.
US PoliEra 2020 |OT9| Rashida Tlaib 2 : Vote This Motherfucker Out
US PoliEra 2020 |OT8| Do it for Her
US PoliEra 2020 |OT7| Good Trouble
US PoliEra 2020 |OT6| I will not be closing this thread when the second wave hits.
US PoliEra 2020 |OT5| Guidance recommends quarantining PoliERA
US PoliEra 2020 |OT4| Disaster Voltron
US PoliEra 2020 |OT3| "I think he's learned his lesson" says The Concerned Immoderate Darling Collins.
US PoliEra 2020 |OT 2| Dershowitz says "Qui Pro Quo on the Go?"
US PoliEra 2020 |OT 1| THE ANTI BENGHAZI
US PoliEra 2019 |OT11| MOTHERFUCKER IMPEACHED
US PoliEra 2019 |OT10| Go Absent Yourself
US PoliEra 2019 |OT9| I'm really glad I'm not on Twitter nearly enough to understand all the references
US PoliEra 2019 |OT8| WHITE HOUSE ADMITS TO QUID PRO QUO WITH UKRAINE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT7| It's happening
US PoliEra 2019 |OT6| Have You Hurd About These GOP Retirements?
US PoliEra 2019 |OT5| She's got a plan for that, now sashay away
US PoliEra 2019 |OT4| Folded like a DOG
US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| YOU WERE AT MY WEDDING, DENISE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT2| #President Pelosi
US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)
US PoliERA 2018 |OT13| And now the fun starts
US PoliERA 2018 |OT12| The Moscow Project
US PoliERA 2018 |OT11| The Hunt for Blue November
US PoliERA 2018 |OT10| McConnell is "mule piss"
US PoliERA 2018 |OT9| Next week has been EXHAUSTING
US PoliERA 2018 |OT8| Democrats projected to gain F5 seats
US PoliERA 2018 |OT7| Tell Me The Bad Things That Happened Since I Fell Asleep
US PoliERA 2018 |OT6| An Unmitigated Disaster
US PoliERA 2018 |OT5| A Total Goat Rodeo
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan
US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia
US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.
US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy
US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

Loserc.jpg

abc-election-map-nov-13-2020-abc-jc-201113_1605299388228_hpEmbed_16x13_992.jpg

Loserc.jpg

Hey Trump.

Go Fuck Yourself.

Last edited:

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
After we get through any potential inside job inauguration violence, pay to play pardons, and last hour shenanigans, I am excited for first day EOs and to start fighting for some legitimate advancements for citizens in this country. Let's go Joe and Kamala!

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for political twitter to slow down finally. Just get back to governing.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

www.nbcnews.com

Texas real estate agent on Capitol riot: 'I'm glad I was there'

In a freewheeling and at times combative interview, Jenna Ryan said she has no regrets about participating in the Capitol incursion.

"I, personally, feel innocent in everything that I have done," she said. "I feel like I was perfectly within my rights. I feel like the police officers were ushering people into the Capitol. There were thousands of people there. I have no guilt in my heart."
Ryan borrowed one of Trump's signature phrases to describe how she now feels being a target of the FBI.
"The FBI's coming out and raiding my house for a misdemeanor," she said. "Taking my MAGA hat. Okay? They took my MAGA hat."
Ryan also said that she has "given up on America" and won't vote again because she believes the election system is corrupt.
She said she remains convinced the results were fraudulent even though elections officials in all 50 states certified them and dozens of judges, including Republicans and even some appointed by Trump, dismissed the claims.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.nbcnews.com

In a freewheeling and at times combative interview, Jenna Ryan said she has no regrets about participating in the Capitol incursion.

"I, personally, feel innocent in everything that I have done," she said. "I feel like I was perfectly within my rights. I feel like the police officers were ushering people into the Capitol. There were thousands of people there. I have no guilt in my heart."
Ryan borrowed one of Trump's signature phrases to describe how she now feels being a target of the FBI.
"The FBI's coming out and raiding my house for a misdemeanor," she said. "Taking my MAGA hat. Okay? They took my MAGA hat."
Ryan also said that she has "given up on America" and won't vote again because she believes the election system is corrupt.
She said she remains convinced the results were fraudulent even though elections officials in all 50 states certified them and dozens of judges, including Republicans and even some appointed by Trump, dismissed the claims.

733063206620364811.png

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA

www.nbcnews.com

1. Overwhelming police who had to back down for fear of their lives is not "welcoming you in".

2. Please don't vote ever again. That works for me.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

www.nbcnews.com

Does anyone else storm in the kitchen? Seems like an everyday thing that is completely harmless.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Ah yes, the ever popular "kitchen storm" that requires breaking and entering and results in vandalism and numerous deaths.

Nobility

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for political twitter to slow down finally. Just get back to governing.
This.

So much this.

I can't tell you how many Canadians are watching US politics at the moment.

US politics has always been a key focus due to our closeness between our nations, but we've been terrified for the past four years as things got worse and worse.

Can you guys and girls in the US just relax and take it easy for awhile...please?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I thought I just read a Politico article saying how she'd disappeared? Or is that a different person?
Same person. She might have been recently arrested, or that tweet is incorrect. Other outlets were reporting last night she's wanted by the FBI.

www.npr.org

Woman Who May Have Stolen Laptop From Pelosi's Office Is Arrested

The FBI is investigating a claim that she intended to sell the computer to a Russian friend, who planned to then pass it to the Kremlin's foreign intelligence service.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

Putting your first two committees as non-exclusive ones and then trying to get the waiver for Financial Services was a bad look and I get why Maxine wouldn't want her to get the waiver and risk bumping someone else off after thinking about it.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

www.nbcnews.com

Why is the media giving these traitors air? She was fishing for a pardon yesterday, and I won't be a bit surprised if she gets one.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the media giving these traitors air? She was fishing for a pardon yesterday, and I won't be a bit surprised if she gets one.

I disagree. Trump views pardons and everything else as transactional. He gets nothing from pardoning her unless these words came with a cash payment wired to him. In fact, the words she used about storming the Capitol on Trump's request to be in DC hurt his case more then help his case in the impeachment conviction trial. He's probably pissed whenever a Capitol rioter says they did what they did because of Trump.

I guess it's possible that he's petty enough to pardon Capitol rioters for dumb reasons like owning the libs or for attention, but his rumored 100+ other pardons tomorrow are going to accomplish the same thing (while also probably having been transactional) without hurting his impeachment conviction chances. I'm guessing his priorities right now are decreasing those chances, wondering how to weasel out of other post-presidency legal challenges, and securing sources of income wherever he can.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

I was so cynical that every Trump voter was going to mobilize against the vaccine and wearing masks out of spite for Biden, but given the events of the last few weeks and how Trump's whittled down his support to only the true crazies, I guess it doesn't surprise me that more people are receptive to Biden's leadership here.

And I gotta say, what a difference it makes when the (incoming) head of state is actually offering GOOD ideas.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
buildbackbetter.gov

The White House

President Biden and Vice President Harris promised to move quickly to deliver results for working families. That’s what they’ve done.

Unrelated, but important:
projects.propublica.org

What Parler Saw During the Attack on the Capitol

ProPublica sifted through thousands of videos taken by Parler users to create an immersive, first-person view of the Capitol riot as experienced by those who were there.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. Trump views pardons and everything else as transactional. He gets nothing from pardoning her unless these words came with a cash payment wired to him. In fact, the words she used about storming the Capitol on Trump's request to be in DC hurt his case more then help his case in the impeachment conviction trial. He's probably pissed whenever a Capitol rioter says they did what they did because of Trump.

I guess it's possible that he's petty enough to pardon Capitol rioters for dumb reasons like owning the libs or for attention, but his rumored 100+ other pardons tomorrow are going to accomplish the same thing (while also probably having been transactional) without hurting his impeachment conviction chances. I'm guessing his priorities right now are decreasing those chances, wondering how to weasel out of other post-presidency legal challenges, and securing sources of income wherever he can.

She's rich, which is why I could see her getting one.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Trump isn't going to do shit for the insurrectionists.

His whole game has been to lead them on, but assume no responsibility, or demonstrate any care for them. He's all about money and influence now. These folks provide neither.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I had to double-check to make sure the broad shoulders thing was a joke. It was actually believable!

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Does everyone want to know what the Q-nuts think is happening on the 20th?
Sure you do!

Did you know that Biden has already been arrested and that he was forced to undergo a "face swap" with Donnie? That's right! (Ignore the complete difference in body type you Lib pedos.)
Donnie will actually be president on the 21st and none of us sheep will ever know it!

I wonder how they are going to explain away the 180 on policy?

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020

Insane tweet thread from MTG. It's 10+ tweets.

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them."

-Barry Goldwater

i feel kinda gross quoting goldwater... ech.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Does everyone want to know what the Q-nuts think is happening on the 20th?
Sure you do!

Did you know that Biden has already been arrested and that he was forced to undergo a "face swap" with Donnie? That's right! (Ignore the complete difference in body type you Lib pedos.)
Donnie will actually be president on the 21st and none of us sheep will ever know it!

I wonder how they are going to explain away the 180 on policy?

They never cared about policy anyway. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.