• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Trump was in the hospital for a week and on oxygen and like a dozen other Republicans who attended her announcement party got sick and had to quarantine including members of the committee responsible for her hearing. Something totally unreal did happen and it still didn't stop her confirmation.
Jesus christ i totally blanked on that, goddamn the cycle is relantless

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Democrats didn't go nuclear on Barrett because they wanted to keep the focus on Trump. It's as simple as that. Her approvals means fuck all right now and it was a terrible idea to go on an all out attack against her when there was no chance of stopping the nomination.

Feinstein is a moron who shouldn't be there but overall what were the alternatives. The Kavanaugh hearings completely fucked us in the senate last time. A needlessly toxic confirmation that could give Trump and the gop an out and chance to play the victim is the last thing we needed right now

win the senate, and when she votes to strikedown the ACA in the lame duck say see told you so guess the courts need rebalancing
Did the Kavanaugh hearings actually fuck us? Iirc a lot of people reallllly didn't like Kavanaugh and voted against Republicans because of that.

Hell one of the biggest reasons Collins is in trouble rn is because of Kavanaugh.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I know Cunningham is still up in polls but seeing Greenfield's continuing positive momentum is still extremely great to see as a potential safety net.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Did the Kavanaugh hearings actually fuck us? Iirc a lot of people reallllly didn't like Kavanaugh and voted against Republicans because of that.

Hell one of the biggest reasons Collins is in trouble rn is because of Kavanaugh.
It was a last minute energizer that made red states we needed to win less elastic. We had a major enthusia

She might be exaggerating but McCaskill said it completely killed her and she knew she was done

And really if Dems thought an all out confirmation process helped them last time they would have done it again. The fact that they didn't should be telling

and yes Kav is hurting Collins but that's a state Biden is up by 12-15 points in some polls. She doesn't need to ticket split Trump support like many other senate democrats do

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It was a last minute energizer that made red states we needed to win less elastic

She might be exaggerating but McCaskill said it completely killed her and she knew she was done
McCaskill was fucked anyway and her losing in a landslide wasn't because of Kavanaugh.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Democrats didn't go nuclear on Barrett because they wanted to keep the focus on Trump. It's as simple as that. Her approvals means fuck all right now and it was a terrible idea to go on an all out attack against her when there was no chance of stopping the nomination.

Feinstein is a moron who shouldn't be there but overall what were the alternatives. The Kavanaugh hearings completely fucked us in the senate last time. A needlessly toxic confirmation that could give Trump and the gop an out and chance to play the victim is the last thing we needed right now

win the senate, and when she votes to strikedown the ACA in the lame duck say see told you so guess the courts need rebalancing

All this. Dems were never going to win this battle, but we can win the war by letting her destroy RvW and ACA then making the packing/fixing the court argument.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
It was a last minute energizer that made red states we needed to win less elastic. We had a major enthusia

And really if Dems thought an all out confirmation process helped them last time they would have done it again. The fact that they didn't should be telling
What killed McCaskill was that instead of her running like a "middle of the road" dem, she completely switched it up, started staying stuff like "she's not like those" crazy liberal dems" etc, and completely depressed her own vote trying to appeal to people who'd never have voted for her anyway. the fact she never realized that shows she was doomed to lose.

for reference I live in MO, and saw several ads of her "disavowing the crazy left" and trying so hard to win those white people in the boonies she gave up on turn out in the cities/college areas.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey

4 Democratic Senate incumbents lost.

Granted I don't know that any of those other than Nelson were salvageable given the margins.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Thread about the collective PTSD from 2016 and where Trump and his Cluster-B disorders go from here:

The collective anxiety is the by-product of two unfortunate realities of the Trump era: 1)You'll never go broke if you consistently bet on the ignorance/depravity of 1/3 of this country. 2)One-half of the country doesn't believe in evidence. The other half can't trust it.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I kept telling y'all Iowa was in play and I spent the better part of this campaign cycle getting roasted for it

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW

boy I'm about to look really stupid if Greenfield loses in two weeks

Granted I don't know that any of those other than Nelson were salvageable given the margins.
Losing MO, IN and ND was the universe correcting itself (unfortunately) - not to dismiss the hard work Donnelly, McCaskill and Heitkamp put into winning them in the first place (and McCaskill and to a lesser extent Donnelly definitely deserve some credit for making their own luck), but there's no real reason on paper why we should have won those seats in 2012, they were freebies.

I stand by my opinion that the close calls in Florida were the only genuinely impressive wins for the GOP in the sense that given how everything else went, they shouldn't have won them. On the other hand, you can't really look at say, the Texas Senate seat or the governor's seat in Georgia staying red as anything but a silver lining for the Republicans, as in a neutral environment they shouldn't have been competitive at all.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Yeah that's the thing. It was a terrible map for Dems and we still won historic gains in the house.

And like you said Kavanaugh didn't really doom any of them. Nelson didn't even seem to be hurt from that as much as he was from just not doing any latino outreach.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
The idea of Trump trying to sue across all these states in a bid to steal the election sure is going to be something to see. How can he pull it off when his campaign is running out of money?

kess

Oct 27, 2017
Republican House candidate in PA-7 has a lone highway billboard saying "FOR SAFE NEIGHBORHOODS VOTE..."

It's like half assed Lee Atwater over here.

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
I cast my meaningless in Louisiana early vote for Biden this week. They were using social distancing, people in line had masks on (and they had some ready in case you didn't have one), provided little fingertip condoms for the touchscreens, and I reviewed my ballot about five times to make sure the machine didn't try to change my vote to Trump, because it's 2020.

For as much as Louisiana is ass-backwards, I've always found early voting here to go pretty smoothly.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
It's tightened from +3.5 in August to +2.8 now. -0.7 really isn't that big of a tightening, but when the margins are that thin, I can understand why people are concerned.

Having Greenfield as a safety net just in case is good.
Yes also I want as many dem senators as possible. It's unbelievable that we haven't had control since 2014.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
The idea of Trump trying to sue across all these states in a bid to steal the election sure is going to be something to see. How can he pull it off when his campaign is running out of money?
And his lawyers are donating to the Biden campaign. I can't imagine they'd be putting their best foot forward on that.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

Whether they were or not isn't really the point as much as it is that it made their jobs much harder

it gave them no good vote. They couldn't vote to confirm him without pissing off their base, and they couldn't vote against without completely damaging their "bipartisan" messaging they were trying to sell to a faction of Trump supporters.

But really the point is I can guarantee right now Greenfield and others are glad they can focus on healthcare and corn prices than litigating a Barrett scandal

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
The polls out of PA and IA are fantastic today!

Now that 538 map is way too damn distracting at work! What i find interesting is that when you give Biden NE2 alone, Biden is killing Trump there in polling, Trumps chances go down to 3/100. Add Minnesota and it goes down 2/100, another state that Biden will absolutely win. So you see why the margin for Trump is so razor tight.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
FOX News actually doing real reporting on Hunter's "laptop":

THREAD: reposted for absolute clarity. FBI indicates it IS investigating POSSIBILITY of foreign interference on Hunter Biden laptop: "nothing to add" to Ratcliffe's claim that it's NOT Russian disinfo, adding if actionable intel develops, FBI *may* inform Homeland Security Cmte

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Literally no one is going to care besides Trumpland

You didn't read it - she's saying the FBI thinks the laptop is sus as hell.

If 2020 comes down to a last minute update on a laptop from the FBI that damages the incumbent party AGAIN, I will be utterly convinced we are in a simulation.

They've had the thing for a year and are treating the computer store guy as a target - not a witness.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
You didn't read it - she's saying the FBI thinks the laptop is sus as hell.

They've had the thing for a year and are treating the computer store guy as a target - not a witness.
Can't confirm nor deny yeah. But the only people who are gonna salivate at the investigation of the POSSIBILITY of said activity and run with it are the magahats of course. This ain't no Anthony Weiner laptop bs

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I made a post a lil bit ago about how I just moved and I met one of my neighbors across the street and she put up a Biden sign because my girlfriend and I did... well an update. I met my next door neighbors and they put up a Biden sign too. I AM FLIPPING THE NEIGHBORHOOD. All the old people are Biden fans, I love it. I can't wait to hang out with them.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I love Mel Brooks, but saying the dude who made Blazing Saddles and History of the World Part 2 never made a political video before feels like a bit of a stretch.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It feels surreal, less then 2 weeks. Next week I will be climbing the walls willing nothing to happen

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Borat 2 is going to be very VERY interesting for one Trump cronie in particular. Rhymes with Nosferatu.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Borat Subsequent Moviefilm Brings Back Borat, With His Daughter in Tow

mW4AhVe.png

Status
Not open for further replies.