• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Man the GOP never met a crime they didn't like.

I wish I had the money to run commercials for the next 4 years about all the criming they've done.

My tagline: "Aren't you just so tired of Republicans Crimin' all the time?"

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a question I've been thinking about while looking at recent voting info and polls and stuff: All signs are pointing to this being a much higher turnout election than what we're used to, driven in large part by Democrats not wanting to repeat the mistake of 2016 and just a general anti-Trump shift in the country. But it seems there's also going to be some increased turnout among Republican demos as well in order to keep some states like Florida relatively competitive; for example that Washington Post article with Dave Wasserman, he says that he's expecting much higher turnout among white working-class voters than in 2016 and I'm wondering... why?

In other words, what is there to motivate high turnout among Trump's voters this year? What would cause them to vote at higher rates in 2020 than in 2016?

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
201019_SCOTUS-nomination-polling_fullwidth.png

morningconsult.com

51% of Voters Now Back Barrett's Confirmation, Most Support Ever for a Trump Supreme Court Nominee

Last week’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearings provided a high-profile opportunity for Democrats to erode public support for Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court confirmation, but a new poll found backing for Trump’s nominee has reached a new high.

Who are these 32% of self-defeating morons among Democrats?
I've spoken to some moderate Democrats this past week that somehow think she "seems all right, like a loving mother." I dunno if fucks like Trump and Kavanuagh have just desensitized people, but it's annoying the hell out of me. Somehow the fact that she's being picked to nuke our healthcare and other rights just aren't registering to those who will likely be unaffected.

Tim-E

Oct 31, 2017
If you are spending the final days of your campaign's time on TV arguing that milquetoast 60 Minutes was mean to you, then you're not in a good spot.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Here's a question I've been thinking about while looking at recent voting info and polls and stuff: All signs are pointing to this being a much higher turnout election than what we're used to, driven in large part by Democrats not wanting to repeat the mistake of 2016 and just a general anti-Trump shift in the country. But it seems there's also going to be some increased turnout among Republican demos as well in order to keep some states like Florida relatively competitive; for example that Washington Post article with Dave Wasserman, he says that he's expecting much higher turnout among white working-class voters than in 2016 and I'm wondering... why?

In other words, what is there to motivate high turnout among Trump's voters this year? What would cause them to vote at higher rates in 2020 than in 2016?

Probably the fact that they are running against Hunter Biden...

/s

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Barrett is the Trojan Horse they should've trotted out instead of Kavanaugh. The polite, unassuming woman that harbors a deep, conservative bent.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
I've spoken to some moderate Democrats that somehow think she "seems all right, like a loving mother." I dunno if fucks like Trump and Kavanuagh have just desensitized people, but it's annoying the hell out of me. Somehow the fact that she's being picked to nuke our healthcare and other rights just aren't registering to those who will likely be unaffected.

She came off fine in the hearings from a personality point of view, but it is sad that people won't realize she is just going to slip a knife into our ribs with a smile on her face.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

They love their cult leader. That's it.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

Fully half of the republican party believes the democratic party is directly involved in the trafficking and murder of children.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

morningconsult.com

51% of Voters Now Back Barrett's Confirmation, Most Support Ever for a Trump Supreme Court Nominee

Last week’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearings provided a high-profile opportunity for Democrats to erode public support for Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court confirmation, but a new poll found backing for Trump’s nominee has reached a new high.

Stupid motherfuckers.

Oct 27, 2017
I just have to laugh that with precious few days left, Trump and his campaign are spending an entire news cycle doing damage control for an interview that hasn't even aired.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
The false narratives of Trump "being on their side" and their way of life being "under attack".

These are normally people that do NOT pay attention to the world around them and vote just based on party, or in this case, celebrity.

Oct 27, 2017

QAnon and also everything that has happened this year. Some trumpers actually feel oppressed after the shutdowns and the BLM movement. Some of them think the democrats are trying to take their freedom away.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

morningconsult.com

You could argue that confirming Barrett is the accelerant needed for judicial reform.

He literally can't even imagine someone doing something for the greater good without some grift attached to it.
Pathological liars think everyone is lying to them. Career grifters think everyone is in it for the grift.

It's a form of ego protection. They know, at some level, what they are is viewed as bad. But if everyone is as bad as them, then it doesn't matter.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
13.5 days, and then Clown will be facing something that has never happened to him before in his entire life.

He is going to be fired.

He will also go down in history as one of the worst ever Presidents. Just the stats of being a one-term impeached President, losing the popular vote both times, and about 250K dead Americans on his failed watch, make him one of the worst ever.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Yes, Anthony Fauci put in four decades of work in order to score a CNN gig.

In the addled mind of the President, everyone wants to be a TV star. There is no other goal.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Pathological liars think everyone is lying to them. Career grifters think everyone is in it for the grift.

It's a form of ego protection. They know, at some level, what they are is viewed as bad. But if everyone is as bad as them, then it doesn't matter.

Precisely. It's projection to the nth degree. Everyone must be as shitty as me, so it's alright. The lies they tell themselves to not feel like the rightful shitty humans they are.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I counted 35 Biden/Harris signs and over a dozen Gary Peters signs on the drive through my subdivision this morning. Didn't even drive through the whole thing either so I'm sure there are loads more.

Not a single Trump sign. Zero. There were quite a few back in 2016 and I'm sure there are still a few MAGA around here but they're all too embarrassed to put the signs up now because all their neighbors will know they're assholes.

Anecdotal I know, but makes me calm about my state in a couple weeks.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I counted 35 Biden/Harris signs and over a dozen Gary Peters signs on the drive through my subdivision this morning. Didn't even drive through the whole thing either so I'm sure there are loads more.

Not a single Trump sign. Zero. There were quite a few back in 2016 and I'm sure there are still a few MAGA around here but they're all too embarrassed to put the signs up now because all their neighbors will know they're assholes.

Anecdotal I know, but makes me calm about my state in a couple weeks.

Where do you live? In my parents' neighborhood in swing county in Ohio, it's pretty split evenly between Trump and Biden, possibly favoring Biden.

Edit: Oh, Gary Peters. Duh. Michigan.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
No offense to everybody, but one of the best thing about the election being over will be the end of constant informal sign polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.