• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Was this the Hunter Biden "investigation"?

EDIT: nope Clinton Foundation.

This is the "investigation" into the intelligence community's actions in 2016 involving a number of different things. Basically a fishing expedition to prove Trump's "they spied on me" bullshit. Now they are saying things like "don't want to do anything this close to an election" which means they have the square root of fuck all. If they had a microbe of something to throw they would throw it right now.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
This is the "investigation" into the intelligence community's actions in 2016 involving a number of different things. Basically a fishing expedition to prove Trump's "they spied on me" bullshit. Now they are saying things like "don't want to do anything this close to an election" which means they have the square root of fuck all. If they had a microbe of something to throw they would throw it right now.
Thanks for the clarification!

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
As a Texan please don't donate to Hegar if you're donating money. She's flat out not going to win, there are plenty of closer races where the money can do some real good.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo

Ei8dyIoU8AAtKXK

Dude. I totally forgot about that. Does trump ever hang out with his kids?? How the fuck do they not have a family pet. When was the last time he spent sincere time with children

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
From this companion piece to the NYT article:
www.nytimes.com

18 Revelations From a Trove of Trump Tax Records (Published 2020)

Times reporters have obtained decades of tax information the president has hidden from public view. Here are some of the key findings.

His tax avoidance also sets him apart from past presidents.
Mr. Trump may be the wealthiest U.S. president in history. Yet he has often paid less in taxes than other recent presidents. Barack Obama and George W. Bush each regularly paid more than $100,000 a year — and sometimes much more — in federal income taxes while in office.

Mr. Trump, by contrast, is running a federal government to which he has contributed almost no income tax revenue in many years.

His daughter appears to have received some of these consulting fees, despite having been a top Trump Organization executive.
The Times investigation discovered a striking match: Mr. Trump's private records show that his company once paid $747,622 in fees to an unnamed consultant for hotel projects in Hawaii and Vancouver, British Columbia. Ivanka Trump's public disclosure forms — which she filed when joining the White House staff in 2017 — show that she had received an identical amount through a consulting company she co-owned.

The presidency has helped his business.
Since he became a leading presidential candidate, he has received large amounts of money from lobbyists, politicians and foreign officials who pay to stay at his properties or join his clubs. The Times investigation puts precise numbers on this spending for the first time.

A surge of new members at the Mar-a-Lago club in Florida gave him an additional $5 million a year from the business since 2015. The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association paid at least $397,602 in 2017 to the Washington hotel, where it held at least one event during its World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians.

In his first two years in the White House, Mr. Trump received millions of dollars from projects in foreign countries, including $3 million from the Philippines, $2.3 million from India and $1 million from Turkey.

Fuck this guy to the earth's molten core.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
With the outsized focus on early voting this year, delaying for political impact seems like an insane risk with relatively little reward.Getting this just baked into the constant whirling narrative around Trump doesn't seem like a bad plan, instead of holding on to it until the last minute and hoping people don't disregard it as a naked political ploy in the 11th hour.

Plus if this fall and winter goes how it could for US, COVID could be taking up basically all the air election week anyway.
Yup, exactly. The election is more like all October long. He's basically out of time with how much of the news cycle this is going to take up.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
tax returns showing criminal levels of grift and parscale getting 5150'd, and it's only Sunday.

America wants off this train.

ZAKU-RED

Oct 27, 2017
There was a similar story during one of the 2016 debates, his response was something to the effect of "Yeah, so what?" and it pretty much killed the story. I don't see why he wouldn't try that tactic again?
It's much harder to do now considering we have 4 years of his crap and he isn't going up against Hillary who was despised and "Emails!" crap by the Media.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
It's much harder to do now considering we have 4 years of his crap and he isn't going up against Hillary who was despised and "Emails!" crap by the Media.

Someone posted a story 5 years ago about Trump and how he'd rebuild the tax code to make "people like him pay more". So there was this huge angle of "ok lets see what he'd do" among swing voters. No one is falling for that anymore.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Oh the story is soooooooo much worsr than I expected.

Hundreds of million in debt to ME, says you are very open to outside influence in exchange for financial help

A clear message targeted at military/DOD employees should be that Donald Trump 100% would never get a security clearance with debt to these foreign powers, especially in these amounts. Certainly not top secret, and maybe not even a secret clearance.

Oct 25, 2017
There was a similar story during one of the 2016 debates, his response was something to the effect of "Yeah, so what?" and it pretty much killed the story. I don't see why he wouldn't try that tactic again?

I believe that was the "That makes me smart." exchange.

The difference here IMO is largely that we have way more data establishing a very set pattern of Trump The Business Guy hemorrhaging money and floating on the mercy of Trump The Talking Head and a massive debt pile, and while he's smart about stiffing America on tax dollars (and under a long audit for maybe claiming a refund he wasn't allowed to claim) he's paying out to other countries. It seems less like clever loopholes this time, kind of.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I recall that NYT said they had more to Trump's finances, and there was all those whispers that Parscale was embezzling and whatnot. I wonder if there was actually more truth to that than we know.

In all honesty, I'm just glad he didn't hurt anybody.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine spending 70K on that hair styling and it stills look like a mop on his head.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As an aside, today is the first time I feel like there is a very real chance that Trump himself ends up under arrest and being convicted for crimes post 2020. Obviously he won't be put into regular prison (he'll get his own special containment facility being a former President) but his kids are a different story.

illiniguy05

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine spending 70K on that hair styling and it stills look like a mop on his head.

I was watching MSNBC, as one does on Sunday nights, and they had Michael Cohen calling in and reacting to the tax story. The 70k for hair cuts was mentioned, and Cohen said that Trump cuts his own hair, lol. So even this 70k may just be another bullshit fraudulent tax deduction.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
James O'Keefe just released one of his undercover videos, this time alleging that Ilhan Omar has a cash for ballot harvesting scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.