• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
So Its late September and Biden is up 8-9 nationally and likely up 6-8 in the 3 midwestern states he needs.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing a 8 to 10 difference won't translate to a big EC victory, just blue states with big population getting more blue?

Kind of what happened in 2016.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
I think everyone figured that Biden would do better in the Rust Belt than Hillary did. Not sure that everyone suspected he would do this well. No way that Trump has a chance in those states if Biden is winning that much of the non-college white vote, considering his strengths in other areas. That is Trump's base he is just taking a big chomp out of.

Last edited:

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if there's a better way to get access to the Discord. Could I get an invite as well?

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing a 8 to 10 difference won't translate to a big EC victory, just blue states with big population getting more blue?

Kind of what happened in 2016.
I think that will be some of it for sure. Polls are showing the closest races are going to be NC, GA, and maybe even OH. That isn't good for Trump, he needs to win all of those and then some.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

This would make me unbelievably happy.

As for Biden's Rust belt numbers, it sure seems like Black Americans bailed out White Americans again when they went for Biden in the primary. I was firmly on the Bernie train, but it's not like I wasn't gonna vote for the eventual nominee regardless.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
The polls seem so steady lately that I wonder if a debate is even going to make a difference at this point. Trump has shown he just does not do well when he's not in his political bubble. He's been attacking Biden for being senile so if Biden can appear competent I think a good number of people will be pleasantly surprised with Biden.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
With Trump on the ticket, I'm not sure Harrison can pull it off - unless there's a lot of ticket splitting which, color me skeptical. Any other year and Graham would be toast. Still, he's in my top 3 who I want to see get their reward - to quote vile Mitch.
So here's hoping.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
You've gotta be kidding me. He is literally saying Biden is taking drugs. No pushback from the GOP.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
'Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f*** things up': Obama

3 debates to go.
Yeah, I won't stop being nervous until the election is over. However, I don't think Trump isn't something Biden can handle. He just needs a strong debate performance in the first one and I think he's set. Chris Wallace is going to be tough on both and Trump won't have a crowd (and his planted supporters) to feed off of.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I told you all he was going to come up with an excuse why he won't debate. Even if Biden somehow agreed to this ridiculous demand, does anyone believe Dr. 239 would administer a drug test on Trump? LOL
Trump set the bar so low for "sleepy AND on performance enhancing drugs Joe" that he fucked himself.
Biden should just hold a town hall if Trump refuses to show up.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
The good news is this is the community!

Likely story.

I'd love a discord invite too.

Just need some PA numbers

giphy.gif

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone worrying about Biden in the first debate, keep these things in mind:

1. Trump has not been doing ANY prep work for this debate.
2. Trump has been spreading the idea that Biden has dementia, which he does not and that will become abundantly clear on Tuesday.
3. Incumbent presidents often do poorly in their first debate (see Obama v. Romney in 2012).
4. Trump is Trump.

Star46

Apr 22, 2020
If the discord invites are being given out again, then I would like one.

Asked about them months ago and never even got a response.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017

I do wonder if we can thread the needle between expanding/packing and "reform" like Ro Khanna's bill.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I won't stop being nervous until the election is over. However, I don't think Trump isn't something Biden can handle. He just needs a strong debate performance in the first one and I think he's set. Chris Wallace is going to be tough on both and Trump won't have a crowd (and his planted supporters) to feed off of.
I've been watching a lot of 2016 debates and I'm not certain Biden will do well against him. The constant interjections, insults, lying et al. If they can force Trump to speak about policy, then maybe Biden might do decently. I do believe if somehow Biden has a strong debate then it should calm concerns.

I think he'll do better in the townhall setting of the second debate, as that's his bread and butter.

Case Western is allowing a crowd for Tuesday's debate of an undetermined size, so Trump will be able to feed off them, unfortunately.

S!lent

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
The polls seem so steady lately that I wonder if a debate is even going to make a difference at this point. Trump has shown he just does not do well when he's not in his political bubble. He's been attacking Biden for being senile so if Biden can appear competent I think a good number of people will be pleasantly surprised with Biden.

Debates rarely have much of an impact, and they seem particularly less likely to in this election given how remarkably stable it has been.

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
I think everyone figured that Biden would do better in the Rust Belt than Hillary did. Not sure that everyone suspected he would do this well. No way that Trump has a chance in those states if Biden is winning that much of the non-college white vote, considering his strengths in other areas. That is Trump's bases he is just taking a big chomp out of.

Yes, and voter suppression is really designed to target the intersection of poor people and people of color, so whenever Biden makes gains among white or affluent demos, those are votes that are less likely to be suppressed / challenged / thrown out

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I think for Biden to do well he just needs to completely ignore trump in a way. Just speak with authority and make trump look like a crybaby when he starts interrupting and causing a fuss.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone worrying about Biden in the first debate, keep these things in mind:

1. Trump has not been doing ANY prep work for this debate.
2. Trump has been spreading the idea that Biden has dementia, which he does not and that will become abundantly clear on Tuesday.
3. Incumbent presidents often do poorly in their first debate (see Obama v. Romney in 2012).
4. Trump is Trump.

If Trump actually shows up and gets humiliated, there is zero chance he will do another one. He'll run with his stupid "he's on drugs" excuse. He's got the mind of a 5 year old.

I'm thinking there's a good chance he may not even show for the first one. His big brain has come up with this drug thing and no one in his circle is going to dare tell him how idiotic he sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.