• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
I think you missed what he was saying. We ARE flipping them all together or none at all.

Those are the two most likely outcomes by far, but it's possible they don't move all together if it's close because of polling error/local factors, etc.

Like if it's 3-4% race nationally Wisconsin might be 2 points more Republican than polled and Trump holds it and Pennsylvania 2 points more Dem and Biden flips the state. Or PA counts more ballots and more get chucked in Wisconsin. Or Trump does something to piss off a local community like the Goodyear thing in Ohio.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say Michigan is the most secure for Biden out of those states imo. Double digits in PA and Arizona would be wild.

Electorally, what is the President's path to victory here? Where is he within striking distance? I see Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan as out of reach so I guess Pennsylvania is the escape route? Without Pennsylvania the math is impossible and it's the only one I see that's kind of in range.
At this point Trump needs both Pennsylvania and Florida to have any shot of winning. If he loses either of them I don't think he has a realistic path unless some other really unexpected states flip

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

Good thread about the whole PA ballot thing with Barr. They're already showing their post-election plan, which is why you already see GOP senators saying "the court will decide" and that we will have "inevitable" court cases. They're going to have a 6-3 GOP court ruling on mail-in ballot validity. Scary.

One thing people need to realize is that if the SC throws out mail in ballots, the GOP can get total control of the government--with all those votes for democrats tossed, the House may turn as well.

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
He would've never held a vote unless it threatened his job as leader.

What McConnell has shown is that Senate Majority Leader is the most wildly undemocratic position of power an elected official can have in government. You can't touch him directly, you have to win enough other elections to get him out of the majority. So some dude from an irrelevant state can decide to never vote on anything. It's insane and needs to be reined in.

It's not a real position, it's just the nature of being the head of the majority. If you can reign your majority in, you can decide things.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with trying to paint Cory Booker as a Scary Black Man, is that unless you're a full-scale "ya' know the Confederates were right on race" type of racist, as opposed to your average suburban white racist, you're not going to be scared of Cory Booker. I say the following with love, but Cory Booker is exactly the type of Carlton-ish type of black guy that white suburbanites point too as, "see, I have black friends."
Then again, they're trying feebly to claim Joe Biden of all people is some radical so it may be par for the course.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Rick Wilson is saying that two Trump cronies are already working with DeSantis to install pro-Trump electors to hand Florida to Trump if Biden wins. He says the only way this works is if it's close. Everything is so fucked right now.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy thought just leapt into my mind: if the SCOTUS declares the ACA unconstitutional, doesn't that give Biden the ammunition he needs to both expand the SCOTUS and pivot to Medicare for All?

"Folks, this ruling is a bunch of malarkey, but if the Supreme Court won't allow for the ACA to cover the uninsured, then here's the deal: we're gonna expand Medicare to cover it all!"

Of course, Biden will have to see that as the logical next step, which I'm not sure he will...

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy thought just leapt into my mind: if the SCOTUS declares the ACA unconstitutional, doesn't that give Biden the ammunition he needs to both expand the SCOTUS and pivot to Medicare for All?

"Folks, this ruling is a bunch of malarkey, but if the Supreme Court won't allow for the ACA to cover the uninsured, then here's the deal: we're gonna expand Medicare to cover it all!"

Of course, Biden will have to see that as the logical next step, which I'm not sure he will...

One would think, because its 100% gone come November.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Rick Wilson is saying that two Trump cronies are already working with DeSantis to install pro-Trump electors to hand Florida to Trump if Biden wins. He says the only way this works is if it's close. Everything is so fucked right now.
Doesn't the winner of the election's party choose the electors? Ie if Joe wins, than democrats choose the elector?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Alternating between freaking out about post-election fuckery, and soothing myself by looking at the polls. Biden's comfortably sitting on 289 EVs without OH and NC.

And I'm seeing a lot of pessimism about Tuesday's debate from people who clearly haven't been watching Biden's recent town halls. The meme of "Sleepy Dementia Joe" has been so thoroughly accepted by people across the spectrum, but the way he's able to connect with people while extemporizing on policy is impressive (his talk at the Black Economic Summit in NC this week was fantastic.) It's insulting to suggest he's anywhere near as incoherent or out of touch as Trump, and I really don't think a lot of soft moderate voters are prepared for the sheer contrast of the two candidates.

I think a likely worst-case scenario for Tuesday night is the MSM predictably calling it a "draw", but that would only embolden Trump to attend the remaining debates, and the second "town hall" style one plays to Biden's strengths: even if he were confronted by a raving Trump supporter, he has the people skills to defuse the situation, if not win them over; whereas there's a high likelihood of Trump accusing people in the audience of being fake news plants.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't the winner of the election's party choose the electors? Ie if Joe wins, than democrats choose the elector?

It was on his New Abnormal podcast and based on the Atlantic article and from what he knows about what's happening in Florida. Just be ready for anything.

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope Biden's debate prep includes lots of practice responding when Trump inevitably interrupts and talks over Biden during his turn.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
How do you handle a human firehose of lies? If you try to debunk everything he says, he's got you.

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope Biden's debate prep includes lots of practice responding when Trump inevitably interrupts and talks over Biden during his turn.

My one fear for the debate at this point comes from this arcticle that speculates Trump will go heavily at Biden's family and just spend the whole time attempting to piss Biden off. I'm largely worried that we're in for a few hours of Trump basically trying to internet troll Biden, and the fear that Trump will find a line of attack Biden hasn't fully prepped for and piss Biden off to the point Biden snaps at him.

Unlikely to be a huge impact either way, but it's probably the best route team Trump has to getting usable clips out of the debate. Trump gets to be a constantly borderline incoherent rambling asshole and it's ok, but any millisecond of stammering or being off-message for Biden will somehow turn into another round of 'he has dementia' clips. And I've been surprised lately by some of the people I've talked to who are completely rock-solid convinced Biden is mentally gone; I don't fully understand what they're seeing or how, but it's a belief that's spread further than I thought. I assume Biden's people are preparing him for a million hits on on Hunter, but Trump is enough of an asshole that I wouldn't take a snide comment about Beau off the table and just... Ugh.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It's reassuring to see Biden's strength in the polls, even if it should be higher considering Trump's negligent homicide of tens of thousands of Americans.

It's infuriating to see the general rhetoric, not just here, that Dems need to win by a landslide because of all the fuckery Trump and the GOP have already telegraphed which is apparently legal because of course they have no honor or respect for norms, while they can win by a single vote and it's fine. That's not even considering the natural EC bias, where iirc Biden can win the popular vote by under 1% and only have a 6% chance of winning the EC.

Oct 25, 2017

How would he get M4A passed? There's nowhere remotely the support for it over other Universal Healthcare plans and coverage types.

What Biden wants is moot given there simply not being the number of seats in the Senate to pass M4A.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
My one fear for the debate at this point comes from this arcticle that speculates Trump will go heavily at Biden's family and just spend the whole time attempting to piss Biden off. I'm largely worried that we're in for a few hours of Trump basically trying to internet troll Biden, and the fear that Trump will find a line of attack Biden hasn't fully prepped for and piss Biden off to the point Biden snaps at him.

I find that Biden seems more coherent and has less stuttering while he's angry. It also shows that he has 'fire' and energy. I think Biden being pissed off will actually help instead of hurt.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
And I've been surprised lately by some of the people I've talked to who are completely rock-solid convinced Biden is mentally gone; I don't fully understand what they're seeing or how

They're NOT watching anything of Biden beyond brief, surgically-clipped Twitter videos, many of which are posted in bad faith. You really have to consciously choose to watch any of Biden's lengthy public appearances, and most people aren't opting in. But the first debate will have BIGLY ratings with all the people tuning in to see a freak show, and you won't have to watch the full 90 minutes to get a clear sense of how fucking dumb and miserable Trump is compared to Joe. We know Trump will bloviate and rant incessantly: we've all watched it for five years, and people are tired of his schtick.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
"While Donny is attacking my family, his family is scheming to take away healthcare from yours. Social Security and Medicare are in danger as Donny sits on his gold-plated toilet tweeting about how your grandmother should sacrifice herself for the stock market"

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
"While Donny is attacking my family, his family is scheming to take away healthcare from yours. Social Security and Medicare are in danger as Donny sits on his gold-plated toilet tweeting about how your grandmother should sacrifice herself for the stock market"
"While Donny is attacking my family, his family is scheming to take away healthcare from yours. Social Security and Medicare are in danger as Donny sits on his gold-plated toilet that he needs to flush 10-15 times, tweeting about how your grandmother should sacrifice herself for the stock market"

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me the debates won't have an audience that will be filled with Trump's cronies.

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017

Unlikely to be a huge impact either way, but it's probably the best route team Trump has to getting usable clips out of the debate. Trump gets to be a constantly borderline incoherent rambling asshole and it's ok, but any millisecond of stammering or being off-message for Biden will somehow turn into another round of 'he has dementia' clips. And I've been surprised lately by some of the people I've talked to who are completely rock-solid convinced Biden is mentally gone; I don't fully understand what they're seeing or how, but it's a belief that's spread further than I thought. I assume Biden's people are preparing him for a million hits on on Hunter, but Trump is enough of an asshole that I wouldn't take a snide comment about Beau off the table and just... Ugh.

Trump could shit himself and people would be debating if that was a play to get Biden thrown off balance. Trump is a dumbass. While he is unconventional, he is just as if not more vulnerable to attacks. He is not disciplined and has no strategy. Yes he might attack Biden's family and he might go far as attacking Beau, but Trump is not immune to attacks himself or being outplayed because of his impulsive nature, being completely unprepared, and generally being a dumbshit. Biden might not need to do much because of Trump's uncanny ability to screw himself over. If you want something that is reliable for Trump, it is his ability to make matters worse for himself.

It is blatant of what Trump is doing or might attempt to do. Biden just not need to be baited by obvious taunts.

While most people have their minds made up; there are a few that have not made up their minds or can swing to one side to the other. The overall goal for the Trump campaign is to have Biden lose approval among voters, most of Biden's support is from people that dislike Trump's behavior. How is attacking Biden's family going to help? Are suburban women suddenly going to flock to Trump because he is a chad over Biden being a simp? Biden needs to be sharp and disciplined and Trump constantly setting expectations low would bit Trump in the ass.

They're NOT watching anything of Biden beyond brief, surgically-clipped Twitter videos, many of which are posted in bad faith. You really have to consciously choose to watch any of Biden's lengthy public appearances, and most people aren't opting in. But the first debate will have BIGLY ratings with all the people tuning in to see a freak show, and you won't have to watch the full 90 minutes to get a clear sense of how fucking dumb and miserable Trump is compared to Joe. We know Trump will bloviate and rant incessantly: we've all watched it for five years, and people are tired of his schtick.

People that believe that Biden is falling apart want to believe that is true. A significant chunk of that is Trump supporters and another part is voters who feel they have no good options. I guarantee that the latter has little to no information on Biden. The debate is an important first impression for Biden. If Biden prepared well enough he should surpass expectations which were set relatively low for himself, thanks to Trump.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
These unending, dumb-ass takes about the courts overturning an election are getting annoying.
Please tell me the debates won't have an audience that will be filled with Trump's cronies.
I believe there aren't any audiences. They're also going to adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines, according to the Washington Post, so even if there is an audience, the guidelines should act as a filter of sorts.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Trump could shit himself and people would be debating if that was a play to get Biden thrown off balance. Trump is a dumbass. While he is unconventional, he is just as if not more vulnerable to attacks. He is not disciplined and has no strategy. Yes he might attack Biden's family and he might go far as attacking Beau, but Trump is not immune to attacks himself or being outplayed because of his impulsive nature, being completely unprepared, and generally being a dumbshit. Biden might not need to do much because of Trump's uncanny ability to screw himself over. If you want something that is reliable for Trump, it is his ability to make matters worse for himself.

It is blatant of what Trump is doing or might attempt to do. Biden just not need to be baited by obvious taunts.

While most people have their minds made up; there are a few that have not made up their minds or can swing to one side to the other. The overall goal for the Trump campaign is to have Biden lose approval among voters, most of Biden's support is from people that dislikes Trump's behavior. How is attacking Biden's family going to help? Are surbuban women suddenly going to flock to Trump because he is a chad over Biden being a simp? Biden needs to be sharp and displinced and Trump constantly setting expectations low would bit Trump in the ass.

Exactly. Everyone's turning into Bill Mitchell all of a sudden, awed by Trump's alleged Kal-Toh Grandmaster-tier rhetorical jiu-jitsu.

This guy:

kess

Oct 27, 2017
On the subject of "Shy Trump" voters: they do exist. Think of the colleague who will throw in a quip about "those crazy California liberals" or have some fatalist comment about the virus. Now, how much a Supreme Court adjucating the results makes sly and innocuous commentary like this painfully obvious in mixed company, who knows. In swing states these people are "shy" for a reason.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
On the subject of "Shy Trump" voters: they do exist. Think of the colleague who will throw in a quip about "those crazy California liberals" or have some fatalist comment about the virus. Now, how much a Supreme Court adjucating the results makes sly and innocuous commentary like this painfully obvious in mixed company, who knows. In swing states these people are "shy" for a reason.
That goes for Biden voters in red leaning to deep red areas too, though. Where openly voting for Biden will actually be risky for you.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

The fix is already in.

If New Hampshire had gone to Gore, he would have won. It's not as though they just conjured a win out of thin air for Bush, a specific exploitable situation occurred in Florida and in the national election results, and they exploited it to steal that election. If Biden is winning by an obvious, undeniable lead on election day, what are supposed to be the grounds they challenge on?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
If New Hampshire had gone to Gore, he would have won. It's not as though they just conjured a win out of thin air for Bush, a specific exploitable situation occurred in Florida and in the national election results, and they exploited it to steal that election. If Biden is winning by an obvious, undeniable lead on election day, what are supposed to be the grounds they challenge on?

What they always do: make shit up.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I have definitely started a trend in my tiny red Kansas town.

More Biden signs popping up!

One house has multiple Biden Harris signs and a Barbara Bollier sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.