• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
A modest lead in Kansas falls in line with Trump only leading whites overall about 6 or so and the education demos of Kansas being pretty decent

Ill also once again say anyone who was happy Kobach did not win the primary needs to go stick their head in the fucking toilet and flush several times

yeah ... That was a devil's bargain though. While a candidate like Kobach loses in like ... 45/50 states to a moderate Democrat, Kansas is one of those states right on the bubble that he could win, and then you've got fucking Kris Kobach in the senate for 6 years.

While Rs are going to vote with Rs, having shit head potstirrers, QAnon conspiracy theories, and complete looney Trump acolytes is just not good, especially if by some miracle we're able to hand Trump and the GOP a massive loss this November.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any danger to giving your name to someone over the phone? I'm pretty sure i was called by a poll a few years back, i answered the questions but at the end they wanted me to say my full name and i got spooked and hung up.

basically i don't know how to tell if its a legit poll or a scam.

It's weird to ask your full name, but no, there shouldn't be any danger there. It might be to check you against voter registries to see if you're a LV/RV or if you've voted recently, or something.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Millions of Fox News/Facebook brainwashed people simply don't give a fuck about the virus. That's why it's going to be ages before we eradicate this thing.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Anyone familiar with NJ polling? My neck of the woods (Morris County) has yards full of Becchi signs sprouting like weeds and nary a Biden nor Sherill sign.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Anyone familiar with NJ polling? My neck of the woods (Morris County) has yards full of Becchi signs sprouting like weeds and nary a Biden nor Sherill sign.
I have not seen much but people need to stop using yard signs as a temperature check.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see why there aren't more yard signs now when the Joe Biden store charges like $18 for shipping

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I know but I can't help but feel nervous especially with what's at stake
In many, many states the cities hold approximately 60% of the population within its limits. Trump voters are also more cultish, have had 4+ years to amass signs, and are far more likely to pepper their rural land with them. It's fair to be nervous. But signs are just a bad way to assuage your fears.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
What you should know by now is that Trump supporters, far from being a "silent majority", are an extremely loud minority. Hence the yard signs.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Google will halt all election-related advertising after the polls officially close for the U.S. presidential election, including those on YouTube https://t.co/SX0YT80bXN

At the very least Google/YT will be out of commission. Facebook and Twitter in the meantime.
Seems like the easiest solution in the world to simply ban formal political ads or just force political official accounts to go dark till a winner is formally announced, but no. We're instead forced to deal with half hearted solutions from FB specifically.

Oct 29, 2017
I know for myself, and for almost every person I know that is voting for Biden, I have no interest whatsoever in putting a sign out anywhere.

Like Iorek said, Trumpers are more cultish and care more about brazen outward support for "their guy". I couldn't care less.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

The good: Biden winning white voters in Minnesota

The bad: that's a lot of non white third party voting

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019

Absolute shocker, who could have seen no consequences coming for this disgustingly rich man.
From what I recall he was caught on video as well, but that never released either.

I wonder if that's why Tom Brady plays for florida now: Here take our star player your state in exchange of letting me off the hook!

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

The good: Biden winning white voters in Minnesota

The bad: that's a lot of non white third party voting

Unfortunately the social media campaign focused on suppressing minority votes is working, at least based on talking to my younger brother who seems to live in an alternate universe where Biden is a pedo-rapist-dementia patient.

The good news is that like you noted Biden is running up the score in other demos so that effort will be mostly wasted.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I have not seen much but people need to stop using yard signs as a temperature check.

Yeah, if you run around deep blue Maryland, there aren't that many Biden signs, but every Trump sign is as huge and obnoxious as possible. There's one guy who literally rented a cherry picker to hang his dumb Trump flag from.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
TBH all the options were bad, so, this one is not a shock.

Bronlonius

Oct 29, 2017
Is it bad that I feel like we should just let them get their justice in, then hopefully it drives more turnout towards the dems and we can win the senate back (hopefully)? I feel like it's an easier fight to say how much trump sucks and how covid isn't being taken care of than them trying to fight about a justice.

If we can win it all back then hopefully dems will just expand the court.
Not at all, in fact, I'm just assuming they'll get it, since there is a 2% chance we can do anything to stop them. This religious abortion bullshit is priority number one for them, trumping money and power. This is their endgame, always has been; to kill Roe V Wade outright. Nothing will stop them and the backlash will be spectacular, helping Dems nationwide. Assuming this has also helped my panic and mental state, as I'm concentrating on the positives, not the hellish landscape this country will turn into if Biden loses. That's when I panic and seriously consider exiting the US, watching it burn from a distance.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

attack.jpg

Drensch

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing as Trump is petulant and petty as fuck, what do we see happening after he is declared a loser? I don't mean him fucking off to Russia, the Emirates or Saudi Arabia after the swearing in, which I still see as a possibility. I mean, do we think he'll even continue the whole president thing or he'll just leave and golf and say fuck it to whatever little governing he does?

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Seeing as Trump is petulant and petty as fuck, what do we see happening after he is declared a loser? I don't mean him fucking off to Russia, the Emirates or Saudi Arabia after the swearing in, which I still see as a possibility. I mean, do we think he'll even continue the whole president thing or he'll just leave and golf and say fuck it to whatever little governing he does?
Hopefully he practices staring at a gray brick wall.

May 26, 2018

Whatever government-sanctioned violence you saw during the Floyd protests will probably escalate while he still has power. Dude will want revenge against his populace who failed/betrayed him

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I guess I'm numb to the whole Supreme Court thing. I felt like the 2016 vote sealed RBG's fate and never assumed she'd make it this far.

If Trump wins, we'd get one anyway, if Trump loses we have a lot of repair work to do. Does this make it harder? Absolutely, is this unexpected? Not at all.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm numb to the whole Supreme Court thing. I felt like the 2016 vote sealed RBG's fate and never assumed she'd make it this far.

If Trump wins, we'd get one anyway, if Trump loses we have a lot of repair work to do. Does this make it harder? Absolutely, is this unexpected? Not at all.
I honest-to-god kinda thought we got past the point of no return and she was safe until election. I was beside myself thinking Trump would get that seat and then it didn't happen. Then it did.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

The thing is, had RBG died during a Clinton Administration, even "mavericks" like John McCain were saying that they wouldn't vote on any Supreme Court picks for her. Kennedy would still be on the bench and there's no WAY Clinton would have gotten a second term so we were fucked regardless.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a ton of Biden yard signs in my area. Few Gary Peters signs as well. There were a few Trump signs in my neighborhood in 2016 and I distinctly remember which houses. Think they're too embarrassed to put them out this time because I haven't seen a single Trump sign yet.

Have seen one big ass John James sign that tipped over days ago and nobody bothered to fix so that's good.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
The confirmation hearings are going to be a shitshow, but that should energize Democratic voters even further.
A shitshow hearing is absolutely not what we need right now.

If it was up to me no Dems would even show to the hearings because it doesn't matter and bitch about the legitimacy of the pick. Stay home and campaign, it's too close to the election for this shit anyway

the Let Tom cotton and Hawley do the job for us. I want no part of of Feinstein or some other idiot just saying stupid and have that be used as campaign material for Trump.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
He'll demand his cronies do anything to try to keep him in power, when that doesn't work he'll drop even any pretense of pretending to be president, not even photo-op bullshit or meetings. Just goes golfing.
And tells the admin to not cooperate with any of the Biden transition team, and probably some nonsensical pardon for himself for "everything, even though I did nothing wrong".

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Writing like that is basically worrying over split milk at this point. Going forward the general strategy should absolutely be to make more calculated appointments to the SCOTUS. Kennedy dropped off intentionally to pump Trump and the only person I see stubbon enough not to go regardless of political issues now would probably be Thomas. Seems the type to intentionally want to fucking drop dead in his seat to thumb his nose at everyone.

The newly installed Heritage folk will likely agree to drop off the court the moment their health becomes a question for a new round of hard right wingers, so I don't see why we shouldn't ask the same of a new set of justices should we get the chance. If you're expecting to hold some kind of lasting legacy on your ideals, it's going to require people to hop off the bench sooner than later or risk running into these dire situations where everything is left in flux.

Last edited:
A look at the state of the debate over the filibuster among Democratic senators, officials, etc.:
And if Biden makes it to the spring of 2021 without new big-ticket laws on the books, these allies widely think it would be time to force the issue by daring Republicans to block a barrage of popular legislation, perhaps on climate, health care, or immigration. To convince enough moderate Democratic senators to sign on to eliminating the filibuster, they would first have to make it politically unavoidable: It would "require there being an effort to pass something two or three times and making Republicans look completely unreasonable for blocking it — exposing that the Republicans are acting in bad faith," said Brian Fallon, a Democratic operative and former Schumer aide.

Though few will yet say it out loud, some Democrats close to Biden think they know which issue might end up being the final straw. It's a matter of clear moral authority: the sprawling voting-rights legislation now named after Lewis. Which Democrat would oppose going all out to enact it, especially after a brutal election marked by historic voter suppression and after Obama's speech? That eulogy may as well have been written in part to force this conclusion. "I served very closely with Barack Obama," Reid said. "Barack Obama doesn't do anything impulsively. He's a very thoughtful, deliberate person."

Status
Not open for further replies.