• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
So Trump supporters submitting fraudulent ballots? 😮

As expected, the naked ballot issue is causing confusion. The DOJ used a pretty simple issue of confusion from the County elections staff to spin up a narrative and selectively release "facts" that at first glance looks like nefarious intent, before they "clarified" their statements throughout the day

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
As expected, the naked ballot issue is causing confusion. The DOJ used a pretty simple issue of confusion from the County elections staff to spin up a narrative and selectively release "facts" that at first glance looks like nefarious intent, before they "clarified" their statements throughout the day
Yep, all afternoon yesterday I had "DISCARDED BALLOTS!!!" popping up in my MSN newsfeed from different outlets. I doubt that I will see clarifications today so the damage has been done.

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, all afternoon yesterday I had "DISCARDED BALLOTS!!!" popping up in my MSN newsfeed from different outlets. I doubt that I will see clarifications today so the damage has been done.

Someone mentioned that the PA-AG mentioned on Cuomo's show these were Primary ballots, not even general election ballots. I suspect the DOJ will use the "investigation" to keep too much neutral info from coming out

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017

I'm a teacher, we went back to work on monday to start hybrid learning. 20 minutes into the day the power went out, an hour later the generator died, and we've been teaching virtually again at home ever since because centerpoint is taking awhile to get someone out to fix it.

I'll take that as being a sign for "Hey, maybe don't do this".

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obama makes fun of Trump

Trump makes fun of Markle
tenor.gif

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Markle a reasonable decent person overall? I wouldn't be opposed to her joining the political sphere

But has she ever served in a public service capacity or governance?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah covid ain't going out of the voters minds anytime soon.

I have not clicked this article but I really don't but it. Meghan and Harry understand the importance of voting and being politically active. Meghan is not going to throw away her activism for a vanity run.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Isn't Markle a reasonable decent person overall? I wouldn't be opposed to her joining the political sphere

that tweet is vague it could be as much as her running for a state office. which is where a lot of people get their starts

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
The goddamned Department of Justice is trying to swing an election to a monumentally corrupt President.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

lol, no thanks

Sure, maybe she is a decent person or something, but she has no qualifications beyond any of us. Her previous job was being a reality TV D-list celeb, and personally, I'm done with reality TV characters being politicians.

I think Meghan Markel gets way too much hate and a lot of that is motivated by racism in the UK and what not, the tabloid culture, but I Can't think of any reason that anybody would ever elect her to any political office over anybody else. It kinda grinds me when some prominent tabloid person is like "YEah, I think maybe I'll take a stab at politics!" because it just seems like a vanity project for them to me, like, they have this celebrity and just like how "maybe I'll take a stab at hosting a podcast!" except it's "maybe I'll take a stab at politics!" Like, they treat being a public servant the same way that most of us would think about, say, trying to grow our own sourdough starter or running a 5K.

Me: "Maybe I will run that 5mile race this fall...?"
Meghan Markel: "Maybe I'll be president...?"

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
lol, no thanks

Sure, maybe she is a decent person or something, but she has no qualifications beyond any of us. Her previous job was being a reality TV D-list celeb, and personally, I'm done with reality TV characters being politicians.

I think Meghan Markel gets way too much hate and a lot of that is motivated by racism in the UK and what not, the tabloid culture, but I Can't think of any reason that anybody would ever elect her to any political office over anybody else. It kinda grinds me when some prominent tabloid person is like "YEah, I think maybe I'll take a stab at politics!" because it just seems like a vanity project for them to me, like, they have this celebrity and just like how "maybe I'll take a stab at hosting a podcast!" except it's "maybe I'll take a stab at politics!"

Thanks for clarifying this

I would definitely prefer career public service people over moonlighters. Even if she is a decent human

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for clarifying this

I would definitely prefer career public service people over moonlighters. Even if she is a decent human

RIght, and of course if she wants to run for some local office or something to get a start, then more power to her. I do wonder her qualifications to really understand the concerns of people who have lived somewhere all their lives, when she ... just spent the last ~5 years or w/e living in the most isolated bubble in human existence, the British royal family, and the prior 5 years of that was a D-list celebrity...

Like, even when athletes consider influencing politics, being an athlete is a bubble of course, but I think less so than being a member of the royal family. As an athlete, you actually meet real people and live in cities and are exposed to normal every day humans so when some athletes jump to public service after their careers, a lot of them actually have some unique experience.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

... this fucking clown man, every day.

Also...

Charlie Baker: 78% Approval Rating
Donald Trump: 42% Approval Rating

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
When I first heard the story of pro-Trump ballots tossed in a ditch or whatever, I absolutely assumed it was so ordered by either Buffoon or his cronies, to play into his anti-ballot propaganda. Then it turns out to be a non-story, although I'm sure Trump and Fox will try to muddy the waters as long as possible. It's utterly disgraceful behavior from a Pres who has been quietly at first and these last few months far less quietly, going full authoritarian.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coming in peace to post a thought exercise. Let's say Dems win the Presidency, keep the House, Trump picks a SCJ, and the Senate is perfectly 50/50. What's the Biden Administration look like then?

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know but in 2016 it was +20 Trump
Which should scare the shit outta Republicans. Kansas is a reliable red state, but the last 10 or so years, the Repubs basically fucked the state over to high heaven, and now the Kansas metropolitan/suburb areas are growing rapidly (from people fleeing MO I imagine...) due to its relatively low crime rate, closeness to KCMO (major progressive metro area with major sports teams) and really good schools. Kansas will be purple reliably in the next 10 to 15 years I imagine.

I'd say its closeness to KCMO is what's turning it the most. KCMO has become the de facto progressive enclave in Missouri.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
God it's almost exactly like I predicted.

You can either choose to work virtually with less cases, by not reopening schools. Or you can reopen schools and then be forced to work virtually *anyway* with way more sick people.

Weird!

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I see Jr. keeps going on TV while completely wasted. Who in the Trump campaign thinks this is a good idea? LOL

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018

A very long update thread from the author of the article shared by Serwer that was written in 2018, on how suburban women are revitalizing the Democratic Party locally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.