• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MA has a republican governor, so he gets to give her seat away for however long until a special election. And I always expect fuckery from the GOP.

Warren would need to almost immediately resign, as I remember to have any chance of putting her seat on the ballot in November. It can be done, but there are obvious Scott Brown related fears we have about what might happen in MA.
Democrats hold a super majority in the MA legislature and thus Warren's seat is perfectly safe. They have the power to dictate that her vacancy be filled by another Democrat, and they've changed the rules before to maintain power in moments just like this. When Kerry vacated his seat to run for President in 2004, MA Dems stripped then Governor Romney of the power to fill the seat. When Ted Kennedy died in 2009, MA Dems returned that power to the Democratic Governorship of Deval Patrick and Paul Kirk served until the special election.

But I highly doubt Warren gets the nod. The moment seems to call for Harris, for better or worse.

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Posting for new page

We're really doing this huh?

It's another blunder that will backfire and cost his campaign votes, so I'm taking this as great news. The more his authoritarianism is aired before the election, the more people will wake up. A TT ban will hit some people hard yet will engender no additionally support for him.

Strong Island

May 11, 2020

Apparently this Primary was particularly bitter? Haven't really been following it.

Sethi disappoints me- the guy has to be smarter than what he presented. There's a pathway for a far more principled Republican but it seems the party is moving further and further away from it. Every single Republican primary boils down to "I'm the true conservative in this race" or "I supported Donald Trump first". The entirety of Sethi's campaign was wrapped up in those two statements.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Tactical error by Trump on the TikTok thing. Looks petty, especially during a pandemic and economy crash.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What kind of deal did Trump and Zuckerberg make behind the scenes?

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
My conservative Texas parents literally said the same thing. "Hope he picks a good VP". If they don't have a problem with the VP, they'll find another excuse for not voting for Biden. They're not going to vote for him, they never would vote for him. Pro-choice is a straight up non-starter for them, but they hate Trump. I'm guessing they just won't vote for Prez and will vote down ticket R.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018

Power move by DeWine, getting a "positive" test so he didn't have to meet the president.

This is great news for the simple fact it probably makes Trump shit his pants. He can talk tough about how Covid will go away, but you know he is secretly terrified he will get it being a germaphobe. Now that he sees his little bubble testing isn't 100% accurate I wonder if he scurries back into the bunker? He is already paranoid, I hope this just makes him even more miserable.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
A 45 day leadup to a ban seems like an easy tee-up for the usual "I fixed my own problem," with the added benefit of muscling in on other Tencent holdings with his cronies.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Just pick Harris, I don't know why it's even a contest. She's wicked smart, can intimidate the hell out of weak Republican men, she's qualified, and her leaving the Senate won't have any impact. She's the best choice, just pick her and move on to the convention and the general election.

Add to that "most likely to make Pence flee the debate stage for his life"

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Pence will probably hold his own just fine in the debate. He did four years ago, and Kaine came out of it looking like the fool.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Kaine's debate strategy was also...odd?

I understand wanting Kaine to come out the gate forceful. But he was like a rabid pitbull. It was the oddest debate to watch. lol

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Pence is going to have to spend almost the whole time playing defense on Trump's actual awful record, which a majority of voters already disapprove of. It is pretty different terrain for him to fight on than last time. I am pretty sure it will be entertaining, at least.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Pence is going to have to spend almost the whole time playing defense on Trump's actual awful record, which a majority of voters already disapprove of. It is pretty different terrain for him to fight on than last time. I am pretty sure it will be entertaining, at least.
Yeah, Kaines debate strategy was very odd. I expect Harris to rip him a new one. Warren would also make him look like a fool.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Kaine's debate strategy was also...odd?

I understand wanting Kaine to come out the gate forceful. But he was like a rabid pitbull. It was the oddest debate to watch. lol
Particularly when attack dog doesn't suit Kaine. Harris on the other hand is well suited to tearing Republican suits down.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very curious as to what Biden's debate strategy will be. I imagine it will depend a ton on how the questions are worded for Trump, because Trump's resume as President and any questions about it should be enough to tear him down on its own without the need for Biden to be completely on the offense. But im guessing the questions won't be hardball enough in Trump's direction.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Well he said this week and tomorrow is Friday so it's not exactly Nostradamus over there.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Kaine and Biden were announced as running mates on Fridays. I'm not sure what the news value of announcing it on a Friday is, though.

Well he said this week and tomorrow is Friday so it's not exactly Nostradamus over there.
It was reportedly delayed til next week.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Pence will probably hold his own just fine in the debate. He did four years ago, and Kaine came out of it looking like the fool.

Pence is an experienced radio personality, and as mentioned he just shook his head and chucked the whole time and Bidened his way through. Kaine was clearly way out of his element as attack dog and seemed frustrated.

If you've watched any of the hearings with Harris you know she's cool under pressure and a relentless questioner. I feel a head to head against Pence, Trump admin stand-in, is a much better showcase for her than the debates against multiple Democrats. As long as she doesn't try to do anything corny and just attacks like a prosecutor, which is easier as the president's attack dog.

Of course as a 1) black 2) woman, she will be perceived less charitably by some than a white man would pursuing a similar strategy.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Pence is an experienced radio personality, and as mentioned he just shook his head and chucked the whole time and Bidened his way through. Kaine was clearly way out of his element as attack dog and seemed frustrated.

If you've watched any of the hearings with Harris you know she's cool under pressure and a relentless questioner. I feel a head to head against Pence, Trump admin stand-in, is a much better showcase for her than the debates against multiple Democrats. As long as she doesn't try to do anything corny and just attacks like a prosecutor, which is easier as the president's attack dog.

Of course as a 1) black 2) woman, she will be perceived less charitably by some than a white man would pursuing a similar strategy.
I thought Kamala came off generally pretty capable in the Dem debates, minus one or two egregious flubs. But I agree I think she'll shine more in a one-on-one. The 1v9 format of the primary debates is a really pointless structure because no president or vice president is ever going to operate in that format. Biden generally did ok to poor in those, but delivered his strongest performance in his one-on-one with Bernie. I think Kamala would do quite well, I'm just saying I don't necessarily think it'll be another Biden/Ryan affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.