• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
We are getting outbreaks among teens here in Michigan thanks to all the graduation open houses people did

Clearly they weren't being careful enough

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
These are all good. Greenfield winning on top of the others would give the two-vote cushion needed to cover a stupid Manchin vote or two.

Taking out Collins is going to be a closer race than I would wish for.

Manchin is always there when he needs to be there. He makes smart votes the other way when his individual vote doesn't matter in the scheme of things, but he'll be there when its required.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
The way a Rep can be elected multiple times without even basic vetting is pretty crazy. Then they get rumored for a national role and it all comes out.

Last edited:

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Manchin is always there when he needs to be there. He makes smart votes the other way when his individual vote doesn't matter in the scheme of things, but he'll be there when its required.
Sure, I would like to give him the flexibility to take a stand sometimes if he feels like he needs to though. If we can keep his seat again in 2024 that is a big plus.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Didn't even last a week before stories like this started happening. How did they not see this coming?
My college already had a few students test positive on campus last week. That was from band or sports students on campus early. The main bulk of students haven't even arrived on campus yet. So the school already has cases on campus and students haven't even moved in yet. I give it two weeks before we shut down. You can't contain this thing with thousands of people living, eating, and sleeping pretty much on top of each other for the next few months in and surrounded by counties that are Covid hotspots. I honestly don't know how the board and university administrators can sleep at night. More concerned about keeping projected budget numbers and enrollment more than student and faculty health.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
My college already had a few students test positive on campus last week. That was from band or sports students on campus early. The main bulk of students haven't even arrived on campus yet. So the school already has cases on campus and students haven't even moved in yet. I give it two weeks before we shut down. You can't contain this thing with thousands of people living, eating, and sleeping pretty much on top of each other for the next few months in and surrounded by counties that are Covid hotspots. I honestly don't know how the board and university administrators can sleep at night. More concerned about keeping projected budget numbers and enrollment more than student and faculty health.
Yeah, my daughter (George Washington University) is online-only in the Fall (particularly bad as she's going for a MS and they're off-loading some labs for the Spring -- which had better be her last semester) and my son (North Carolina State University) has only two classes in-person and for those two they are splitting the classes and having half in-person / half remote on one day then flipping for the other day (it's a Tu/Th class). Just waiting for the college football shoe to drop, it's madness to consider playing this year. All people had to do was behave and wear a damn mask but nooooooo, 40% is incapable of that.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Omg it would be a wet dream to see TX go blue and trump get less than 100 EV.

Even at this current map how far would youbhave to go back for another blowout this big? Reagan?

Trump would get more than 100 EVs even without Texas. He'd have to lose a couple of states like South Carolina, Missouri or Indiana to go under 100. So not happening.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is fixated on the idea that forcing a return to normalcy is the only way to win re-election.

Because he's a moron.
Sadly, even people who know it's a bad idea still NEED school because it serves as free nutrition and child care for their kids. The govt would need to put programs in place to help replace what school does, and that would cost money they don't want to spend.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I honestly don't know she got on top of the short list with so many red flags.

I honestly think that there are people in Biden's circles who are just looking for any excuse *not* to support one of the many talented Senators who are in the running for the VP role, especially Warren and Harris, because they've been outspoken against him in the past.

Oct 25, 2017
I grew up during the 80s and it really wasn't clear to me back then if the Democrats were even taking those races seriously.

General rightward swing for the country and a very divided Democratic party, because black voters and politicians had not yet become part of the Democratic "establishment". 1984 and 1988 primaries were shit shows.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
While MA has done pretty well over the last few months, our case count is starting to creep up slowly. I live near Harvard and I'm a little concerned about students flooding back in the next couple weeks. No fucking way these kids are going to refrain from shit like parties, and once it gets cold and that all moves indoors we're going to be especially fucked with trying to contain spread.

Apple

Oct 27, 2017
General rightward swing for the country and a very divided Democratic party, because black voters and politicians really became part of the Democratic "establishment". 1984 and 1988 primaries were shit shows.

I wonder if this same sort of thing is in store for the Republican party and Latinos in the near future.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
If we get an actual *repudiation* of Trump, vs he loses a close election, it will do wonders for our near-term relationships with foreign nations.

A close win for Biden won't convince the rest of the world that we won't elect another nutcase in four years and will leave them hesitant to work with the US globally. It's part of my 'plausible best case' scenario.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
The way a Rep can be elected multiple times without even basic vetting is pretty crazy. Then they get rumored for a national role and it all comes out.

anigif_sub-buzz-3152-1564504051-1.gif

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
If we get an actual *repudiation* of Trump, vs he loses a close election, it will do wonders for our near-term relationships with foreign nations.

A close win for Biden won't convince the rest of the world that we won't elect another nutcase in four years and will leave them hesitant to work with the US globally. It's part of my 'plausible best case' scenario.

pretty much word for word whats been in my headspace lately

beating him isnt enough. The whole ship has to come down

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@CarolLeonnig
BREAKING: NY AG calls to dissolve @NRA and oust Wayne LaPierre, its leader for the last 39 years. In lawsuit filed today, AG accuses LaPierre and top lieutenants of a decades-long pattern of fraud -- and of diverting millions from NRA coffers to line their own pockets.
11:36 AM · Aug 6, 2020

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if you are a 2A supporter and gun rights activists there are thousands of groups and enthusiasts across the country that don't bilk and steal from their members

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Was this their big announcement? The fall and destruction of the NRA will be one of the few silver linings of the Trump period.

Its funny

This would have been a huge win worth cheering (still is) but these days it feels like small fry compared to the sheer amount of higher priority works that need to be handled in this country

I am very happy to see the downfall of the NRA though dont get me wrong. Just feels more bittersweet than it should ya know

less

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, an overwhelming win for Biden will do a lot of help make the US seem like a country that can be "trusted" to be sane. You can pass 2016 off as America really hating HIllary's guts...which is true enough!

Fun times.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, so the NRA is just a huge cash scheme for its shitty executives. Color me shocked.

Oct 27, 2017

The problem is--domestically--that Trump(ism?) is just the latest mutation of the crankish RW philosophy that America has been freebasing for a hundred years. A "repudiation" is going to take a lot of people walking up to a reality that we aren't willing or capable to provide global leadership while we're hopelessly gridlocked on even the most basic questions of public policy at home.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
Good. The NRA is a cancer. But woo boy this is gonna drive the gun nuts crazy.

Maybe not so much. It seems like the NRA has lost a lot of its luster in conservative circles. Maybe it's related to the grifting itself: they finally hit a sort of grifting event horizon, where so much of the org's cash was being embezzled that could no longer dedicate the minimum dollars required to maintain their public image.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Not the announcement I was expecting, but still a pretty major one.

I guess we can expect DOJ to intervene on NRA's behalf?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
What's sad is the propaganda will brush the crimes of the NRA execs under the rug and try to paint this as some hit job and abuse of power by the NY State AG

Media is already fucking shit up with its shitty headlines

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Loving this new announcement, nice surprise for the morning. Let's hope it follows through.

Status
Not open for further replies.