• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

Christopher Cadelago @ccadelago

Biden, DNC and joint fundraising committees raised a combined $140 million last month and had $294 million cash on hand, per campaign.

6:43 PM · Aug 5, 2020

In Earth 2, where covid is reasonably well contained, Trump uses the summer to pound a broke Biden with ads and enters the fall in a pretty damn good position. Instead, Biden spent basically no money and has a huge warchest to deploy these last three months.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
On Eatth 2, Trump wold have been laughed out of the primaries.
I knew what he was. The "give him a chance" people drove me insane.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

I think the GOP is juking the stats here. Biden didn't include state party totals. Also, they didn't report cash on hand for... reasons.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
UtZMHms.png

Mark Meadows looks...stressed

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Three GOP senators, two of whom face difficult challenges in November's election, introduced a bill Wednesday that stakes out a midpoint between the Senate Republican and House Democratic bills.

The plan from Sens. Mitt Romney of Utah, Susan Collins of Maine and Martha McSally of Arizona would allow states to choose whether to offer $400 or $500 per week in August. In September, they would pay $400 a week. Collins and McSally are running for election this year.

From October through December, they would offer 80% wage replacement. States could choose to get a waiver to pay out an extra $300 per week if their unemployment systems cannot handle setting a percentage of a worker's pay

Speaking as someone that is unemployed, I'm pretty OK with this. Still kind of annoyed that in a bill containing trillions of dollars of aid, the one thing the Democrats caved on was a measly extra $15bn for the post office.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
He is going to be at minium going to spend the rest of his life in one court or another.

Nah. The amount of evidence that Trump engaged in criminal bank fraud, money laundering, and racketeering is overwhelming. These are the kinds of cases that have like a 99% conviction rate because they don't bother bringing charges unless it's a slam dunk.

Trump will be charged and barring a MAGA idiot on the jury (which is unlikely, prosecutors would weed those out) that ignored all evidence he'll be convicted.

He could appeal that conviction but he'd be doing it from a cell in state prison like Cosby is.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
But Will Stancil shared an article telling me that young people are unconvinced about Biden!

Okay okay... I'll let this Will Stancil business go now. I've got to go cook dinner.

Hi, if the thread is going to pull a Spanish language article and jump to a wildly different conclusion than it actually presents through the entire article, then maybe don't post it.

The topline graph points out that young latinos feel unrepresented by anyone in office currently. The more indepth comments are even worse.

Young Latinos, who do you feel represents you?
encuestajoveneslatinos_1920x1080_2_v3.png

Comments:
"In my opinion, there aren't any political figures that are really trying to support Hispanics"
"These dumbass politicians don't care at all about Hispanics, all they do is tell you want you want to hear to win"

¿Quién los representa?
Who represents them?

Una de las conclusiones más llamativas del estudio, que se realizó durante el mes de junio, es que uno de cada tres jóvenes latinos (33%) no se siente representado por ningún líder.

One of the more alarming conclusions in this study that was taken during June was that 1 in 3 young latinos (33%) feel that no one represents them.

encuestajoveneslatinos_1920x1080_3_v2.png

How do you feel about the election?
Optimisitc -57%
Nervous - 52%
Disappointed - 36%
Disinterested - 23%
Responsible - 16%
N/A -6%

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

The way this gets talked about I think some people treat Vice President as if it's co-president, and it isn't. The VP job is whatever the president allows it to be, but what that is is always still an extension of the president.

The job of Vice President is to champion the president's policy priorities, take lead on whatever issues they're assigned to lead on, cast tie-breaking votes in the Senate, go to events the president doesn't want to go to, etc. I think Warren and Harris would basically do these things equally well!

And I say all this as someone who voted for Warren in the primary.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
The way this gets talked about I think some people treat Vice President as if it's co-president, and it isn't. The VP job is whatever the president allows it to be, but what that is is always still an extension of the president.

The job of Vice President is to champion the president's policy priorities, take lead on whatever issues they're assigned to lead on, cast tie-breaking votes in the Senate, go to events the president doesn't want to go to, etc. I think Warren and Harris would basically do these things equally well!

And I say all this as someone who voted for Warren in the primary.

Yep the VP is supposed to be the potential presidential candidates first 'executive' choice and its only real purpose is to set who is next in line. Biden originally mentioned he didn't want to be VP because he saw it as a sit on your ass job with little actual power save for the power willing given to you from the top of the ticket. It just so happened Obama's inexperience lead to him negotiating a much more co-presidential environment where Biden would handle a lot more decision dealing with the house and the senate in addition to giving clear recommendations on Foreign policy. Biden doesn't need to have such a candidate in VP selection, he needs it set the tone of what his candidacy means now and in the future, but if you care about Warren having any actual power, you shouldn't want her to be VP. Once Biden is president he can lock her out of any legitimate work if he so chose beyond sharing the intelligence briefings and the like so the next in line is always up to speed if necessary. You want instead to have a VP who works well to set the presidents agenda and can work with him to set it. Its partially why im not surprised Susan Rice being considered a strong contender even if it feels politically ill advised. The only real power you get from being VP aside from being next in line, is you are always considered a strong contender for the next open presidential primary. As a Warren supporter I don't want her to run again, I want a younger candidate to win.

Please be state indictments against Trump. PLEASE.

Doubt it will be so nice, but I would take open charges against the Trump financial stake. Personally even if Trump doesn't go to jail I want the state and the feds to confiscate all the monetary power the family has, the whole trump 'empire' is obviously built on a field of lies and fraud. Take all their assets.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I can think of a group of voters that have *other concerns than these* that I trust Kamala Harris to fight harder for than I think Biden or Warren will.

But hey, if my main concerns were 'can I see my parents?' and 'will people still have a job?', maybe I'd think Warren was better too.

"Can I see my parents" was that random twitter person's pithy way of saying "end the viral pandemic ravaging American society, killing hundreds of thousands of Americans, and claiming millions of jobs."

Those should be everyone's main concerns, because this is an unprecedented immediate crisis that is devastating our country, and minimizing those concerns is ignorant at best.

This is not an endorsement of Elizabeth Warren. I don't even agree with the guys view on her being better than Harris. But your post was not good.

Feb 14, 2018
Speaking as someone that is unemployed, I'm pretty OK with this. Still kind of annoyed that in a bill containing trillions of dollars of aid, the one thing the Democrats caved on was a measly extra $15bn for the post office.
WaPo had more detail on that. The original bill called for 25 million over 3 years. The "concession" is 10 million over 1 year. That's actually more money for this year assuming it was going to be spread out evenly (and assuming my understanding is correct). It technically lowers the price tag of the bill. Next year the Dems can give the USPS as much funding as they want if they win a trifecta.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
WaPo had more detail on that. The original bill called for 25 million over 3 years. The "concession" is 10 million over 1 year. That's actually more money for this year assuming it was going to be spread out evenly (and assuming my understanding is correct). It technically lowers the price tag of the bill. Next year the Dems can give the USPS as much funding as they want if they win a trifecta.
Ah gotcha, thanks

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best thing to hope for from the NYAG is an investigation into the Trump Organization itself. 'Not investigating the President, just the organization that bears his name' *wink wink*.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would the NY AG office be announcing anything Trump orbit related? Seems unlikely. She posted on Twitter about the census earlier so they might be suing to stop the early finishing of the count?

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
"Can I see my parents" was that random twitter person's pithy way of saying "end the viral pandemic ravaging American society, killing hundreds of thousands of Americans, and claiming millions of jobs."

Those should be everyone's main concerns, because this is an unprecedented immediate crisis that is devastating our country, and minimizing those concerns is ignorant at best.

This is not an endorsement of Elizabeth Warren. I don't even agree with the guys view on her being better than Harris. But your post was not good.
As I see it there are two very pressing issues facing the country in 2020. And one of them is the ongoing injustices black people are suffering at the hands of the police.

Twitter rando doesn't voice that as one of his concerns. It's one of mine.

I trust Biden to handle the pandemic. I don't trust him to handle the policing issue, but I know Harris will hold him to task when it comes to such issues. Biden was part of an administration that adeptly handled a pandemic.

I haven't seen my family since last August. It's been almost twelve months for me already. They were supposed to be here right now. We were supposed to go to Disney and Universal in a week.

I have no idea when I will next see my family.

So don't think I don't know what that's like.

But the *other* pressing issue in 2020? The one Biden isn't best equipped to deal with?

Yeah. Forgive me for getting a little spicy at certain people on twitter who continue to ignore that one when arguing basically no one prefers Harris to Warren.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Just got a text from Katie Porter's team. Wants to know what issues I would like her to focus on. Suggestions?

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Edit: A campaign account was prevented from tweeting, not Trump's personal account:

Last edited:

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lol so my house rep is Cisneros and I'm a registered Dem. Yet I just got a text from Young Kim asking me to sign a petition for a bipartisan relief bill in covid. I won't be the first Asian American joining the first Asian American loser.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Update, it was just a campaign account that was locked out until the video was removed, not Trump's personal account:

Oct 25, 2017
It won't be. They just got access to bank records and I think they still haven't gotten access to personal finance records yet. They are building a case but no way its done yet.

While it's still likely to not be related to that specific investigation, it's worth noting that the news about the Deutsche Bank records is breaking now but the actual documents seem to have been in their hands for over six months at this point. From the NYT article:
Deutsche Bank complied with the subpoena. Over a period of months last year, it provided Mr. Vance's office with detailed records, including financial statements and other materials that Mr. Trump had provided to the bank as he sought loans, according to two of the people familiar with the inquiry.

This doesn't mean that the announcement about it is tomorrow, but it does mean they've had more time with the information than it may initially seem and seems to bolster their ongoing case for his tax returns.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
So this is pretty awesome. Lol. They should make an ad about the topic (helping American manufacturing with green tech) with Biden just driving down the highway.

Also, there's no way Trump actually knows how to drive. Or it's been decades since he driven something that isn't a golf cart.

I fucking love this. But, I love Vettes, and classic American muscle in general. And puns.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
If I were NY and had a Trump investigation going on, I'd wait to announce anything substantial until January 20.

Oct 30, 2017
What happened to Guiliani? Seems like the writers for this season forgot about him. I wonder if NY state has any investigations open on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.