• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017

I really hope he's not intentionally riling up the Q people but the effect will probably be the same regardless.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is why the mail stuff is so scary, if any key states are close enough for mail-in ballots to make a difference, Trump could informally declare victory and then proceed to cast doubt on the results that come in later, claiming that the mail-ins are fraudulent. It could get incredibly ugly.

Orayn please knock off the goddamn doomsaying.

It's one thing to be concerned and another to be outright masturbatory over it.

Oct 26, 2017
That's not nearly as satisfying. Absolutely more poetic, though.
so the grift wall is a literal grift wall.
it isn't built up to any code.

after watching that video, that 14 ft wall is only 2-3 feet in the ground.

which, it effectively, by basic building codes should be 6-8 underground with concrete pylons.

which means the people assembling and building it are stealing tax payer cash and doing the shittiest realestate varnish in the world

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Oh geesh, if the Castro stuff didn't do Bass in, the Scientology stuff will. Like Jonathan Chait said earlier on Twitter; you can tell Bass never planned on running for president based on that Scientology video. I guess she just wanted their money, but that's cringe-y. By 2010, those weirdos were already known for all their abusive practices and cultish attitude.

I'm actually starting to think it might be Warren now, or Duckworth. Harris is kind of having to fight off too much right now, or it might seem to Biden like that.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds to me like it's Harris. Also why would their be a doubt of her 'loyalty'? That'd such an insulting argument for her not to be VP compared to actual legitimate ones you could make. Fingers crossed she gets the nod.

Oct 27, 2017
in my opinion, considering the how high the police has gotten the fascism from this admin, I really don't like Kamala.

Tho Duckworth not bad opinion, double amputee, (got that disabled cred) got that military credit as well,

talking about being a big tent party as the democrat have been since whenever, She's asian which would help out some (not sure the exact amount) in the asian community which is currently getting the shit kicked out of from covid and ignorant MAGA CHUDs maybe level out the yellow panic (if you're in the asian community and getting harassed IM SO SORRY ABOUT THOSE IGNORANT ASSHOLES :(

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Biden should have fired the guy the moment that quote hit the media. He wants to talk about Harris having potential loyalty problems when he makes that quote behind Biden's back? Asinine.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Kamala as AG.

-----
Untocuhable ticket
Biden//Duckworth

There would literally be no effective angle for ANYONE to attack them

I still don't understand why anyone would think Harris would take the AG job. It's a dead end job politically when she can at least hold her Senate seat for another 20 years if she wanted and still keep aspirations on a Presidential run.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
When The State of California has mobilized against your VP vetting team, "you done fucked up" is putting it mildly.

Biden has allowed what should have been a quiet process to become a fucking embarrassment.

What I don't get is Kamala was second behind only Biden in the number of endorsements before she dropped out.

What happened for all the knives to be sharpened against her all of a sudden?

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is nobody's first election.

Black people talking about how unusually venomous this veepstakes has been toward the Black women in the running shouldn't be met with "but this is normal." It's not.

It is of note; I don't remember Hilliary's or Obama's VP sweepstakes being this toxic or contestsed.

less

Oct 25, 2017
What I don't get is Kamala was second behind only Biden in the number of endorsements before she dropped out.

It is probably just a few sore losers trying a last Hail Mary attempt to sink Kamala. There will always be detractors.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
I'd wager the fact that most campaigns during normal years are in full swing and have events filling this time contributes to the inordinate amount of focus this is getting as well and why it feels like it's dragging forever. All the same the worst things I recall being lodged against Kaine were that he was exceedingly dull and some complaining as to why it wasn't someone like a Castro iirc.

The kind of complaints being lodged against the VP selection here still stick out as strange and sexist.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly, the best candidates in this cycle were women. And yes, I'm talking about the Presidential primary too, not just the VP race. Biden is the candidate, and while he's not the best, he's the most electable. OK, fine. We're here.

But indicating from the beginning that it's going to be a woman adds a layer of tokenism to the mix that I feel has increased the toxicity in the VP race. Am I wrong? Was it better out of the gate to state that it was going to be a woman, or to leave it open and just pick the best candidate without a pre-established gender requirement?

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd wager the fact that most campaigns during normal years are in full swing and have events filling this time contributes to the inordinate amount of focus this is getting as well and why it feels like it's dragging forever. All the same the worst things I recall being lodged against Kaine were that he was exceedingly dull and some complaining as to why it wasn't someone like a Castro iirc.

The kind of complaints being lodged against the VP selection here still stick out as strange and sexist.
The complaints are coming from old, white men.

Do the math.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017

Dodd is a dinosaur with a pretty substantial list of scandals. He's not going to be a fan of anybody who brings up past records during primaries. He's cut from the same cloth Engel is.

He's just as stupid too. Clearly Biden was leaning really hard towards Harris. All this does is make the VP folks look petty. Biden has never been the type to respond to this sort of tactic. It's like Dodd bought into the idea that Biden is dumb.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The truly depressing thing is that, while the misogynoir aimed at Kamala has gotten ridiculously blatant now, it was always there. At every point in the primary in terms of how she was covered.
Yep.

I remember people not liking her "getting angry" when all she was doing was calling out Biden for past mistakes in a very calm but passionate way.

Status
Not open for further replies.