• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

EeLYASfWsAEkxdF

Did someone sneak into the NYT and start writing proper headlines without them noticing?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Article about the grifters involved in gifting Kodak all that money to "find something new".

The DFC is an institution that, per its mission statement and Congressional charter via the 2018 Better Utilization of Investments Leading to Development (BUILD) Act, is "focused on promoting inclusive economic growth in the world's least developed countries."

I mean … I knew things were bad in Rochester, but I didn't know they were that bad.

------------------

Based on yesterday's closing price of $33.20 for the stock, I figure Jim and George and Philippe have made about $400 million over the past 48 hours.

------------------

I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge the effort of the small-fry Kodak grifters who covered their tracks and tipped their buddies about the deal, sparking 1.65 million Kodak shares trading for $2 and change on Monday, about 25 times the average trading volume of the prior week, in advance of the Tuesday announcement.

I would hope that lots of people in the Rochester area are about to get a crash course in what constitutes material non-public information and what their responsibilities are in this regard, whether they are the tipper OR the tippee.

But with the current priorities of the SEC and the Justice Department, I'm not holding my breath.

------------------

On the government-grift side, it's Donald Trump, who gets a press conference and a talking point.

It's Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who sit on the DFC board of directors and approved this deal, each pocketing a favor.

It's Larry Kudlow, University of Rochester alum and friend of Kodak, who pockets a BIG favor.

www.epsilontheory.com

The Grifters, chapter 1 – Kodak

We've been assaulted by three brutal grifts in just the past week ... three smacks from Bobo and his bag of oranges ... each deserving

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Ammon Bundy comes out in support of BLM and defunding the police. Watch conservatives lose their minds in real time in the replies https://t.co/QNXUPe8iYK

Truly we simply crossed into some freakishly bizarre timeline. Dude is absolute trash, I'm sure the intent is the man wants to follow through with knocking the state's ability to enforce any kind of the law against him, but all the same... wild times we live in.

The live chat reactions though...

Oct 30, 2017
Sad thing about the Herman Cain news is that it won't matter to Republicans. Not until a prominent white Republican dies from the virus will they take it seriously.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Marco:

Andrew Desiderio @AndrewDesiderio

Senate Intel Chairman Marco Rubio tells us that he wishes Trump wouldn't have suggested delaying the election.

Senate Intel's reports on election security have emphasized that POTUS and other admin officials should not undermine trust in U.S. elections.

"I wish he hadn't said that. But it's not going to change — we're going to have an election in November. And it's going to be one people should have confidence in," Rubio told me
@mkraju @ESCochrane & @sambrodey.

11:26 AM · Jul 30, 2020

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
The way Pompeo immediately jumped to "It's up to the Justice Department" about the election is some scary shit. It means that he's most likely talked with Trump about this and has a good idea of what the plan is.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it seems that my school has decided that classes are going to be fully online now. last minute decision. they had been planning for hybrid classes for months now. can only imagine how much revenue colleges are losing this year. must be pretty substantial

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
The way Pompeo immediately jumped to "It's up to the Justice Department" about the election is some scary shit. It means that he's most likely talked with Trump about this and has a good idea of what the plan is.
This Justice Department loves writing unsolicited memos. I'm guessing Billy Barr has one ready to go about this. Jesus fucking Christ.

Truly we simply crossed into some freakishly bizarre timeline. Dude is absolute trash, I'm sure the intent is the man wants to follow through with knocking the state's ability to enforce any kind of the law against him, but all the same... wild times we live in.

The live chat reactions though...

This one may seem weird but: I've recently seen at least some people in the survivalist/cowboy community start to actually say (drumroll please) black people have a point and have been brutalized by state enforcers for generations.

Maybe it's just because they've seen white people finally being beat down by the police and state power, and are wondering if they're next.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
This one may seem weird but: I've recently seen at least some people in the survivalist/cowboy community start to actually say (drumroll please) black people have a point and have been brutalized by state enforcers for generations.

Maybe it's just because they've seen white people finally being beat down by the police and state power, and are wondering if they're next.

For sure, but also it goes without saying that the Bundy types are more for simply monopolizing state owned land and avoiding enforcement all together, you might walk the same road as some of the hardline libertarians before they get on the offramp towards weird ethnostate highways or other bonkers fringe right wing stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
The Turtle comes out of his shell.

I wonder if Trump assumed the GOP would be open to his bullshit here, since a.) they've been caving to his dumb shit for three and a half years now, and b.) it all looks bad for them, too, so they should want to delay the election to save their seats. That he can't do that actually mattering would be a shock to him.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
He has to do so. He risks his constituents being confused and thinking the Election is delayed or illegitimate therefore why go and vote.

Rick Wilson has said many times that voting by mail was their secret sauce in Florida. The GOP failing to stand up for it is going to completely fuck them over and I love it.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Rick Wilson has said many times that voting by mail was their secret sauce in Florida. The GOP failing to stand up for it is going to completely fuck them over and I love it.
VBM was a large part of why we ended up with Cory Gardner. Republicans really pushed a GOTV effort focused on rural CO and the expanded VBM and he squeaked in under the radar.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
It's just so strange that Trump has all these polls showing him actually winning and yet he wants to delay the election.

LOL

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
At the very least, this seems like something (FINALLY) congressional republicans are willing to go hard in the paint against.

Oct 30, 2017
So what's McConnell going to do when Trump has Barr release a statement that due to the civil unrest across the country and the virus, the election must be delayed (or suspended) for the safety of the American people?

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
The full DC circuit is going to hear the appeal to Flynn's dismissal. They should just punt this out to February and let Biden's DoJ take over.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
After Herman Cain succumbing to Covid19, I hope Louie Gohmert's toilet bowl contains a nice pile of bricks about now.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump's election tweet is to distract from John Lewis' funeral since Trump can't have someone better than him be the focus of the news. At the same time he could probably delay the election and get away with it with help from Barr, because he's broken the supposed law multiple times before and he continually gets away with it.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
We all know that, but when has that stopped this administration from doing whatever it wants?

Neither Barr nor Trump has the authority to postpone the election single-handedly. Trump and Barr could claim its postponed all they want it wouldn't matter. Polls will open on Election Day regardless and Dems and Moderates are still gonna show up on and cast their votes. Hell maybe Trump saying the election is postponed (when it's actually not) might get half of his base to stay home :P

Status
Not open for further replies.