• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
"We need big change and Hillary has been around for ever and has done nothing. If she was gonna do any of the stuff she said she would why hasn't she done it already?!", was actually effective even if nonsensical because she was never president but whatever

"Joe Biden has been around forever but has secretly been a communist this entire time and will destroy the suburbs upon being elected" I'm guessing won't work

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
So Putin calls him, somebody from the press finally does their job and questions him on the Russian bounties, bringing it back to the forefront, and all of a sudden he magically decides to create all this news with authoritarian fascist orders?

I'm not buying that it was coincidental timing. This definitely seems like one of his distraction methods.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
"We need big change and Hillary has been around for ever and has done nothing. If she was gonna do any of the stuff she said she would why hasn't she done it already?!", was actually effective even if nonsensical because she was never president but whatever

"Joe Biden has been around forever but has secretly been a communist this entire time and will destroy the suburbs upon being elected" I'm guessing won't work

My concern is the admin seems to be shifting off of Joe Biden's past and simply to fearmongering Joe Biden as a catalyst for the chaos the admin itself is creating. Even if it isn't working, they're still basically out here doing damage to the country in the meantime with the feds and this blatant racism they're putting out there every day. Feels like we're just having the earth salted as hard as humanly possible before November at this point.

Also reminder tech CEOs are currently meeting with congress.

Folks like TIM APPLE, THE ZUCC, BEZOS

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
The Biden campaign has a real chance to appeal to Hispanics with this fair housing stuff if they reach out to them. It is a blatant display of racism shown by the administration.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So Putin calls him, somebody from the press finally does their job and questions him on the Russian bounties, bringing it back to the forefront, and all of a sudden he magically decides to create all this news with authoritarian fascist orders?

I'm not buying that it was coincidental timing. This definitely seems like one of his distraction methods.
It's 100% a distraction from his many failings as a president, but I think what really sucks is that quite a few Democrats are playing along with this shit, because it provide cover to the the shitty mayors who are more than anyone responsible for police brutality.

My mayor and Trump don't agree on many things, but they both agree that the discussion about the BLM should be centered around Trump. I don't.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
It's 100% a distraction from his many failings as a president, but I think what really sucks is that quite a few Democrats are playing along with this shit, because it provide cover to the the shitty mayors who are more than anyone responsible for police brutality.

My mayor and Trump don't agree on many things, but they both agree that the discussion about the BLM should be centered around Trump. I don't.
What?

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
WN09vjn.png

oohMxQH.png

l5PJDhm.png

1FJjftq.png

Matthew Yglesias @mattyglesias

Amazingly these are clips from an ad whose point is that you should vote for Susan Collins.

Whoa whoa whoa she wants to improve health care *and* make the economy fairer? Pick a lane!

10:06 AM · Jul 29, 2020

Unbelievably incompetent.

TLP endorses Al Gross in Alaska.

See this is interesting. If Murkowski is too Trumpy for these guys, I don't see how they ever go back.

If Stacey Abrams or Lucy McBath had stepped up, he probably wouldn't have. Ossoff is flawed but he's willing to put in the work.

He's not even that bad. He's running against Trump and doing it Beto style (with hard nosed arguments against Perdue). I think that's what it'll take to win this one.

If he had a better country accent, it'd play a lot better.

So DOJ has announced that they're expanding their Gestapo tactics to several swing states. What a coincidence, huh?

Trump and Barr's ploy is becoming clearer now. They want local news stations across these states that Trump needs to win to show "riots, chaos, and anarchy" in order to scare old people and moderates into voting for him.

They're actively trying to instigate and inflame tensions in order to help with his reelection.

But none of it's working. I said this a few days ago, but people outside of cities don't give a ahit about people in cities. This sucks when the cities need help, but in this case, it's great because none of those swing voters give a damn if Portland looks like a war zone. A lot of rural voters already assume cities look like war zones!

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm in Seattle, we have been tear gassed and flashbannged for 2 months now, and it wasn't Trump.
It was my shitty mayor and my governor who sent in the cops and national guard to brutally beat up peaceful protests.

They are all trying to make it about Trump because everyone here hate Trump, but fuck that, policing is a municipal issue and they have all the political power to solve it. They just don't want to.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
That last sentence is some gymnastics. They are not persons that form the people of the people
He's trying to assert a bizarre legal distinction. The founders were very careful about noun usage in the constitution, and the section about the census never says the word "citizen". So he can't say the unconstitutional approach their taking is justified. Instead, he's seizing on the insane notion that when it says to count "the people" it doesn't include non-citizens. It's stupid. It won't work. It's hard to explain because of how stupid it is.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
He's not running against Murkowski. But vs the boilerplate Republican, Dan Sullivans. Lisa M isn't up for reelection until 2022 if I recall correctly.

Ah, of course. But that's not that big a jump. Sullivans has been more or less unknown nationally, so targeting him is more evidence for them being "Romney or Busters" so to speak

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
The guy that burned down the DNC building in AZ was out of his goddamn mind, if it reports are correct and it's the right twitter account. He thought he was married to Ivanka and she was pregnant with their child.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Can't help but think that it would have been better to put actual congressional oversight over that money rather than just hand the most corrupt people in the world a blank check and than be shocked that they did corruption.

A man's choice of video conferencing background says a lot about him

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
My concern is the admin seems to be shifting off of Joe Biden's past and simply to fearmongering Joe Biden as a catalyst for the chaos the admin itself is creating. Even if it isn't working, they're still basically out here doing damage to the country in the meantime with the feds and this blatant racism they're putting out there every day. Feels like we're just having the earth salted as hard as humanly possible before November at this point.

Also reminder tech CEOs are currently meeting with congress.

Folks like TIM APPLE, THE ZUCC, BEZOS

Looks like Zuckerberg has a cartoon filter enabled.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I have to wonder how many people in low income housing are 2016 Trump voters that might not like being told they are a threat to the happy lives of people in the suburbs.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I need some advice guys. I'm pretty much around at on of defeatists all the time, that are constantly in my ear saying nothing is going to happen, and Biden will flop in the election. Additionally, they point out to Trump / Barr rigging the election by doing some crokey shit that will distract the public into thinking Biden is the new boogeyman. Any hopium you can get me to get the flies out of my head?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

CSPAN @cspan

Rep. Sensenbrenner asks about Donald Trump, Jr's account being taken down: "Why did that happen?"

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerburg: "Congressman, first to be clear, I think what you might be referring to happened on Twitter. So, it's hard for me to speak to that."

2:14 PM · Jul 29, 2020

Oct 25, 2017
I need some advice guys. I'm pretty much around at on of defeatists all the time, that are constantly in my ear saying nothing is going to happen, and Biden will flop in the election. Additionally, they point out to Trump / Barr rigging the election by doing some crokey shit that will distract the public into thinking Biden is the new boogeyman. Any hopium you can get me to get the flies out of my head?

Just stop talking to those people. Tell them you don't want to hear it. Don't try to argue with them or disprove their points, because they're probably in a media bubble that is all negativity all the time and 100% adamant that Biden was the worst of the Democratic candidates for November.

Or try to get them to bet. IF they're certain on an outcome, try to get them to agree to like 5:1 or 10:1 betting odds.

Last edited:

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Ah the suburbs, yes, yes. Well.

Though the spatial divide in voting trends have been going on for a couple decades, Trump is the only one who I can remember that actively campaigns on it.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Just stop talking to those people. Tell them you don't want to hear it. Don't try to argue with them or disprove their points, because they're probably in a media bubble that is all negativity all the time and 100% adamant that Biden was the worst of the Democratic candidates for November.

Or try to get them to bet. IF they're certain on an outcome, try to get them to agree to like 5:1 or 10:1 betting odds.

the-mandalorian-1572282426.jpg

This is the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.