• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chapo is just notoriously nice to anyone that comes on the show. Taibbi is like hilariously reactionary in this interview. He's pro-cop, he's pro Founding Fathers, he's whining about cancel culture, and Will is just nodding along deferentially trying to draw up some specious connections between that stuff and the failure of M4A. I was howling at this episode because it wasn't even a month ago they were full on ACAB, jack booted thugs, killer cops, blah blah blah and here comes Matt Taibbi saying AKSHULLY a lot of poor communities want there to be MORE COPS and the Chapo folks are just nodding along.

I dropped my Chapo sub when they decided hatewatching This is Us made for good podcasting content.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to figure out the best races to donate to.

I'm not really sure Biden needs it, or Kelly or Cunningham, and as much as I hate the turtle, McGrath feels like too much of a long shot. I want to donate to the races that are most needed for flipping the senate I guess. Maine feels like a good race to donate to, because while Gideon leads Collins in most recent polls, it's generally only a 5% lead and not a blowout like Arizona. Maybe Iowa and Montana as well? Both of those seem pretty close, and I imagine a couple of bucks would go further in those states since they're probably cheaper to campaign in than many others. How about Georgia? I literally have no idea what's happening in that state.
Jump on the Greenfield train and donate to Theresa Greenfield (Iowa). Joni Ernst is a special kind of deplorable.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So DOJ has announced that they're expanding their Gestapo tactics to several swing states. What a coincidence, huh?

Trump and Barr's ploy is becoming clearer now. They want local news stations across these states that Trump needs to win to show "riots, chaos, and anarchy" in order to scare old people and moderates into voting for him.

They're actively trying to instigate and inflame tensions in order to help with his reelection.
It's really scary. I never thought we'd see the day when POTUS and DOJ would do something like this. They want Americans to get hurt, so they can make campaign ads and DOJ is complicit.

Something about a conversation on a runway.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
WASHINGTON—Assuring lawmakers that his department was operating strictly according to the book, Attorney General Bill Barr told Congress during a testimony Tuesday that he only intended to "uphold the rule of law" while federal agents dragged a screaming Jerry Nadler outside into an unmarked van. "This is standard agency practice that has been in place in administrations long before this one to quiet unrest like what we're seeing in the Capitol building today," said Barr after unidentified agents burst into the House Chamber, covered the California representative's face with a black bag, zip-tied his hands, and led him to a white federal vehicle awaiting along with Reps. Hakeem Jeffries and Pramila Jayapal.

www.theonion.com

‘We Are Upholding The Rule Of Law,’ Bill Barr Tells Congress While Federal Agents Drag Jerry Nadler Into Unmarked Van

WASHINGTON—Assuring lawmakers that his department was operating strictly according to the book, Attorney General Bill Barr told Congress during a testimony Tuesday that he only intended to “uphold the rule of law” while federal agents dragged a screaming Jerry Nadler outside into an unmarked...

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

I'm not really sure Biden needs it, or Kelly or Cunningham, and as much as I hate the turtle, McGrath feels like too much of a long shot. I want to donate to the races that are most needed for flipping the senate I guess. Maine feels like a good race to donate to, because while Gideon leads Collins in most recent polls, it's generally only a 5% lead and not a blowout like Arizona. Maybe Iowa and Montana as well? Both of those seem pretty close, and I imagine a couple of bucks would go further in those states since they're probably cheaper to campaign in than many others. How about Georgia? I literally have no idea what's happening in that state.
I've been spreading along $5 each to Cunningham (this race is not in the bag at all!), Gideon, Greenfield, Ossoff, and Bullock. I agree Kelly doesn't need it. I don't think Hickenlooper does either. If those two lose, there was a much bigger trend working against us than my $5 donations can work against. I've donated once to Warnock but think I'm giving up on that now...I just have no idea what his campaign is doing.

I have been donating $10 to Biden though. Trump still has a lot of money to work with, and the more cash flush Biden's campaign is, the more resources they have to compete with -- either in new battlegrounds or shoring up the blue wall states. Plus it can trickle down to helping downballot races. Biden probably doesn't win in Texas, but being able to compete there at least puts a lot of state seats in play for us.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC

Jon Ossoff in Georgia

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing like watching the white house openly push for redlining and whatever other segregation tactics they want.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

Going full on here now... 😒

This dude is stuck in 1950's white flight mentality. Has he even lived in suburbs? I live in one, and its just as diverse as a metro. If he wants to reach his conservative base, he should be talking to "unincorporated districts in suburban lifestyle". Thats where most of them live in suburbs. Or far away exurbs and rural counties.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Just aggressively, gleefully racist. Not even trying to disguise it in a clever way.

Straight up saying "hey white people, you don't have to worry about the blacks and browns infesting your neighborhoods."

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
This dude is stuck in 1950's white flight mentality. Has he even lived in suburbs? I live in one, and its just as diverse as a metro. If he wants to reach his conservative base, he should be talking to "unincorporated districts in suburban lifestyle". Thats where most of them live in suburbs. Or far away exurbs and rural counties.
He's just the typical racist who naturally assumes that everyone is as racist as they are.

Oct 30, 2017
Regarding the FBI building, didn't Trump have some dealings with the contractors that were supposed to be involved in this the last time he meddled in this? I could swear there were some ties to the Kushners or something. Either way, I fully expect he's getting kickbacks from whoever he gets to build the new HQ.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017

Governor Kate Brown @OregonGovBrown

After my discussions with VP Pence and others, the federal government has agreed to withdraw federal officers from Portland. They have acted as an occupying force & brought violence. Starting tomorrow, all Customs and Border Protection & ICE officers will leave downtown Portland.

11:31 AM · Jul 29, 2020

They got whooped by protesters, the last 2 nights they were tired and out of amo and wouldn't come out while the protesters continued to grow outside. They simply do not have enough SS goofballs to go around these cities to play they stupid game and are just moving them around for show.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the FBI building, didn't Trump have some dealings with the contractors that were supposed to be involved in this the last time he meddled in this? I could swear there were some ties to the Kushners or something. Either way, I fully expect he's getting kickbacks from whoever he gets to build the new HQ.

The proposed location is near his hotel, do easy business.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
www.axios.com

Trump: Republicans who oppose funding FBI building in stimulus "should go back to school"

It's yet another public spat between the White House and congressional Republicans over the substance of their proposal.

What he's saying:
"So the FBI building, they've been trying to build a new building for many years, many many years. ... It's the best piece of property in Washington. I'm very good at real estate. So I said, 'We'll build a new FBI building, let's build a new FBI building,'" Trump told reporters at the White House.
  • "So we have that in the bill, it should say, 'People have wanted a new FBI building now for 15 or 20 years.'"
  • "Those Republicans should go back to school and learn. You need a new building. It's a bad building, it's a dangerous building ... it's not a good building from the inside, it's a very expensive building."
Between the lines: Trump has long been obsessed with the idea of revamping the FBI building in downtown D.C. — across Pennsylvania Avenue from the Trump International Hotel — with a source telling Axios' Jonathan Swan in 2018 that the president would rant about the "terrible" building.
Grifters gonna grift.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

edition.cnn.com

House panel votes to give all members access to classified intel on foreign 'disinformation' campaign | CNN Politics

The House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday voted to allow all House members to view classified intelligence that Democratic leaders provided to the FBI warning about a foreign "disinformation" campaign targeting the 2020 presidential election.

Washington (CNN) — The House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday voted to allow all House members to view classified intelligence that Democratic leaders provided to the FBI warning about a foreign "disinformation" campaign targeting the 2020 presidential election.
Last week, Democratic congressional leaders sent FBI Director Chris Wray a letter urging an FBI briefing to all lawmakers about the foreign interference efforts. Sources told CNN the Democrats' classified addendum included concerns about a Russian-linked "disinformation" campaign to target former Vice President Joe Biden in the 2020 election, including that information from entities with ties to Russia was being provided to Senate Homeland Security Chairman Ron Johnson, who is leading an investigation into Biden.

----------------------

🥴

Todd J. Gillman @toddgillman

Mask denier @replouiegohmert, refused a seat on Air Force One to #Texas today after testing positive for #COVID19, blames #masks.

"I can't help but wonder if by keeping a mask on and keeping it in place, if I might have put some… of the virus on the mask and breathed it in."

12:54 PM · Jul 29, 2020

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
im not even a hand writing expert and can tell you that those names are written by the same hand. the i dot is similar the Y is also similar. also the g is similar to how the person does their y. lol this is blatant.
They're also all written on the same slant, clearly one person holding the paper one way while going down the list filling in names.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

edition.cnn.com

House panel votes to give all members access to classified intel on foreign 'disinformation' campaign | CNN Politics

The House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday voted to allow all House members to view classified intelligence that Democratic leaders provided to the FBI warning about a foreign "disinformation" campaign targeting the 2020 presidential election.

Washington (CNN) — The House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday voted to allow all House members to view classified intelligence that Democratic leaders provided to the FBI warning about a foreign "disinformation" campaign targeting the 2020 presidential election.
Last week, Democratic congressional leaders sent FBI Director Chris Wray a letter urging an FBI briefing to all lawmakers about the foreign interference efforts. Sources told CNN the Democrats' classified addendum included concerns about a Russian-linked "disinformation" campaign to target former Vice President Joe Biden in the 2020 election, including that information from entities with ties to Russia was being provided to Senate Homeland Security Chairman Ron Johnson, who is leading an investigation into Biden.

----------------------

🥴

Todd J. Gillman @toddgillman

Mask denier @replouiegohmert, refused a seat on Air Force One to #Texas today after testing positive for #COVID19, blames #masks.

"I can't help but wonder if by keeping a mask on and keeping it in place, if I might have put some… of the virus on the mask and breathed it in."

12:54 PM · Jul 29, 2020

Thank God dems won control of the House in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.