• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that it will be difficult to convince a sitting senator to leave for a position as AG unless they really have something they want to achieve i.e. Session wanting to really put the hammer down on minorities. There has never been an AG that was later a candidate for President. In fact, AG is generally a pretty dead end job except possibly being appointed as a Supreme Court justice (which used to be a frequent occurrence but hasn't happened in over 60 years).

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC

Democrats and... Trumpers, Sasse?

tumblr_my2y8dQQaL1r7vt2no3_r1_400.gif

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
I agree that it will be difficult to convince a sitting senator to leave for a position as AG unless they really have something they want to achieve i.e. Session wanting to really put the hammer down on minorities. There has never been an AG that was later a candidate for President. In fact, AG is generally a pretty dead end job except possibly being appointed as a Supreme Court justice (which used to be a frequent occurrence but hasn't happened in over 60 years).
I mean, Bobby Kennedy probably would have gotten the nomination.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doug Jones should be AG. Continue the tradition of Senators from Alabama becoming AG.

Doug Jones on the Supreme Court?

Strong Island

May 11, 2020

I see tweets from this grifter too often- when her academic claim to fame is being a fellow at Liberty, you know you're not dealing with a top tier academic.

What is baffling is why she is going out of her way to fight for this quack. I love how she writes "the only medical professional and actual doctor with experience treating COVID-19" as if NO PHYSICIAN HAS BEEN SPEAKING FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS. Also, this wackadoo is a pediatrician- I am pretty sure she hasn't been handing out hydroxychloroquine to these kids. If she is giving HCQ to adults, she's practicing outside her scope.

I cannot understand this desire to defend hydroxychloroquine from the Trump base- why do they want so badly for HCQ to work?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

Having recently watching The Thick of It, this reminds me of Quiet Bat People

I'm increasingly thinking it's not Harris. After listening to That's The Ticket, the idea that they would have Biden carrying around a big sheet of paper with his VP picks name on it seems absolutely bonkers. The lengths they go to in an effort to keep information hidden does not line up with this kind of a stumble.
Yes, but as you might recall from That's the Ticket, when Biden was sworn to secrecy for a rendezvous meeting with Obama, he was loudly greeting people on his way there lol

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
katie Porter is too new and given the recent flip in Oc she needs to sit tight for a little while
Just in time for (presumably) Feinstein's retirement in 2024. That's going to be a giant scramble of Dems.
How useful is it for the Trump Team to keep pretending that Trump is running against Bernie Sanders? Are conservatives even talking about Bernie Sanders?
They have shown time and again that they have absolutely nothing on Biden. He is a genuine nightmare candidate for Trump.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Amazing how far Virginia has come.

It's hard to believe that my state was considered a swing state just 12 years ago. And before then, it hadn't voted for a Democrat in a presidential election in decades. They went for Obama in 2008 and have been a reliable blue for presidential races ever since. My state is far from perfect, but as long as the Dem trifecta continues here, I think Virgnia, overall, will be just fine.

As for their handling of the pandemic...that's a different story.

If Kamala becomes VP, who is most likely to replace her in the Senate?
I'd look at Democratic House members—Swallwell seems to want to move up, Ro Khanna, Ted Lieu, Karen Bass, and my favorite Katie Porter.
I think there would be strong support for someone like Katie Porter to take that seat. I think California has a lot of options though.
Realistically, Newsom isn't going to appoint a man to replace a female senator, and with so few minority senators, I expect the appointee probably wouldn't be white either.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way I can find out what Biden will do about this virus before I rant on stupidly?
joebiden.com

COVID Timeline - Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website

In the midst of a growing public health crisis, the country is looking for leadership, effectiveness, and trusted experience — and that’s Vice President Joe Biden. Joe Biden has been laser-focused on the threat that COVID-19 has posed to our nation and the decisive public health and economic...

Oct 27, 2017
How likely is McConell will lose his re election? and Biden really going to nuke the filibuster? Really he should nuke the filibuster because I want rand paul gag and hark his lungs out over DECISIVE GOVERNMENT ACTION

sorry it just sounds so nice really but McConell is still there or Paul there it's gonna get filibustered sorry to be negative

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Probably already posted but TAKE MY ENERGY
How likely is McConell will lose his re election? and Biden really going to nuke the filibuster? Really he should nuke the filibuster because I want rand paul gag and hark his lungs out over DECISIVE GOVERNMENT ACTION

sorry it just sounds so nice really but McConell is still there or Paul there it's gonna get filibustered sorry to be negative
Never say die, but McConnell is probably still going to be a Senator next year.

Plus side, we've finally gotten some signals that the Biden admin would be okay with nuking the filibuster if push comes to shove, so we got that going for us.

www.politico.com

Biden signals openness to eliminating Senate filibuster

The former vice president said the level of defiance from Senate Republicans could influence his thought process.

How likely is McConell will lose his re election? and Biden really going to nuke the filibuster?
McConnell losing is very much a longshot. He's strongly favoured to win.

The Democrats have already started to make noise about getting rid of the filibuster, but I expect it will come down to what the GOP decides to do about the Democrats' sweeping economic bill in early next year. If they go full-bore opposition (the most likely course of action), it's hard to see the filibuster surviving.

Oct 27, 2017
Really if it was me at the helm

I'd have the sword of demacleus over everyone's head

a real giant fuck you sword like something from dark souls like a broadsword

Just have that hanging over everyone's head fuck with their heads for a bit idk

Oct 27, 2017
Also just for Rand Paul a giant cardboard cut of his former neighbor just to get him

and monday night football theme just play it loud as possible when he's talking

Man I need money for the kind of assholery I want to do

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe a repost:

www.reuters.com

Federal agents pull out of Seattle, mayor says

U.S. agents deployed to Seattle to protect federal property have left the city after local officials complained their presence was escalating tensions, Seattle's mayor said on Tuesday.

(Reuters) - U.S. agents deployed to Seattle to protect federal property have left the city after local officials complained their presence was escalating tensions, Seattle's mayor said on Tuesday.

U.S. tactical forces arrived in Washington state's largest city last week and were on standby to protect federal facilities after attacks on a federal courthouse in Portland, Oregon.

Mayor Jenny Durkan rejected the deployment, saying it did not have the consent of local officials and could incite the property damage it was supposed to prevent.

She tweeted on Tuesday that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) told her that U.S. Border Patrol Tactical Unit agents had left Seattle. DHS did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Maura Barrett @MauraBarrettNBC

A senior administration official tells @NBCNews that the administration is looking at the possibility of pulling back federal agents in #Portland if the state's governor increases the local police presence. H/t @spettypi & @PeterAlexander

The official didn't give any indication on timing for when a final decision would be made or how many additional state or local officers would be needed for federal agents to be pulled out.

11:15 PM · Jul 28, 2020

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
With all the fuckery expected from Trumps side to sway the election come September and October, is there any anticipation of things to surface against Trump in the same timeframe? Would it have ever made sense for anyone to be sitting on Trump details that would be timed release for the election?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Man if they really ready to send kids to school using alien dna doctors? Mother's will love that

Zona

Oct 27, 2017
If the Democrats take the Senate I will fully expect them to spend a few weeks passing popular bills in the House, sending them to the Senate, and having the Republicans filibuster. Then you will get the pageantry of them going "well golly Gee, we didn't want to do this but look at them making us" before they kill it.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017

Maura Barrett @MauraBarrettNBC

A senior administration official tells @NBCNews that the administration is looking at the possibility of pulling back federal agents in #Portland if the state's governor increases the local police presence. H/t @spettypi & @PeterAlexander

The official didn't give any indication on timing for when a final decision would be made or how many additional state or local officers would be needed for federal agents to be pulled out.

11:15 PM · Jul 28, 2020

If you watched the protest yesterday you could tell the SS is tired or out of amo, they wouldn't come out of the building with the crowd still huge. They are leaving because they are drained this is just a pretext to giving up.

Hedge

Oct 26, 2017
The dems aren't going to outright kill the filibuster day 1. They'll put out some popular legislation (anti corruption, economic, etc) and dare the gop to filibuster. Once they do they'll end the filibuster

May 26, 2018
If the Democrats take the Senate I will fully expect them to spend a few weeks passing popular bills in the House, sending them to the Senate, and having the Republicans filibuster. Then you will get the pageantry of them going "well golly Gee, we didn't want to do this but look at them making us" before they kill it.

they're going to have to kill it somehow

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

www.startribune.com

Minneapolis police say 'Umbrella Man' was a white supremacist trying to incite George Floyd rioting

Follow the StarTribune for the news, photos and videos from the Twin Cities and beyond.
A Minneapolis police arson investigator said the act of vandalism at the AutoZone on E. Lake Street helped spark a chain reaction that led to days of looting and rioting. The store was among dozens of buildings across the city that burned to the ground in the days that followed.
"This was the first fire that set off a string of fires and looting throughout the precinct and the rest of the city," Sgt. Erika Christensen wrote in a search warrant affidavit filed in court this week. "Until the actions of the person your affiant has been calling 'Umbrella Man,' the protests had been relatively peaceful. The actions of this person created an atmosphere of hostility and tension. Your affiant believes that this individual's sole aim was to incite violence."
-----------------------------
Christensen wrote in the affidavit that she watched "innumerable hours" of videos on social media platforms to try to identify "Umbrella Man," to no avail. Investigators finally caught a break when a tipster e-mailed the MPD identifying him as a member of the Hells Angels biker gang who "wanted to sow discord and racial unrest by breaking out the windows and writing what he did on the double red doors," she wrote.
Police have also connected the 32-year-old man to a widely publicized incident in Stillwater late last month, in which a Muslim woman was confronted by men wearing white supremacist garb.
A subsequent investigation revealed the man was also an associate of the Aryan Cowboy Brotherhood, a small white supremacist prison and street gang based primarily in Minnesota and Kentucky. Several of its members were also present at the Stillwater incident.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017

Yeah, just saw that and... no.

Carlos Maza gas my respect because of his work on Vox, and how he tried to bring down Crowder, but I've always found him a bit annoying. Don't know how to describe him.

Maybe a bit pretentious. He kind of tries too hard to get on Rose twitter's good side.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
PoliEra spent the entire primary cycle hoping Biden wouldn't be the nominee. Just because there's a rally around the flag effect going on doesn't mean someone has to like him!

I don't LIKE Biden either and you can see my post during the primaries for proof of how sad I was for a while that Warren lost, and then Bernie (well, meh about Bernie), but being "obscenely depressed" about Biden?! Like, after what has happened the last few months with Trump?!

And it's not like Bernie and Warren haven't made great progress on getting Biden on board with many of their own progressive policies. It's things like this that makes me doubt Maza's honesty on some things. And also, his privilege.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Yeah, just saw that and... no.

Carlos Maza gas my respect because of his work on Vox, and how he tried to bring down Crowder, but I've always found him a bit annoying. Don't know how to describe him.

Maybe a bit pretentious. He kind of tries too hard to get on Rose twitter's good side.

no shit he's aligned with leftists, he's a marxist

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If you watched the protest yesterday you could tell the SS is tired or out of amo, they wouldn't come out of the building with the crowd still huge. They are leaving because they are drained this is just a pretext to giving up.
They play cops and only PTSD for their service

Status
Not open for further replies.