• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
The media and political class all around the world need a reckoning. All these people screaming about how they're uncomfortable about Trump yet don't actually *do* anything. Its nice you're *concerned* Mitt but these things have been happening for an entire decade if not decades. Are you actually doing to do anything about it?

Same deal with the media. What's the point of being a Whitehouse correspondent if you're all chummy with each other, mercantile enough to throw each other under the bus for access, or just plain brainless to not quickly respond with follow up questions to obvious logical fallacies.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
:V

Justin King @JustinforJoCo

I guess it's okay to vote by mail absentee after all in North Carolina @BowTiePolitics

8:56 PM · Jul 22, 2020

7A8ZxDP.png

Florida story last week:
www.politico.com

Florida GOP doctors Trump tweet to solve mail-in voting problem

Republicans privately fear the president is endangering one of the secrets to the party’s success in the nation’s biggest swing state.
MIAMI — President Donald Trump's harsh rhetoric against mail-in voting is causing a big problem for Florida Republicans, who once dominated the practice here.
So the state GOP came up with a solution: They doctored one of Trump's tweets on the issue to remove the stigma.
In a mass-solicitation designed to boost flagging interest in registering to vote by mail, the Republican Party of Florida featured a Trump tweet from June 28 that praised absentee ballots but that had his opposition to mail-in voting strategically edited out.
"Absentee Ballots are fine. A person has to go through a process to get and use them," Trump said in the tweet. The rest of the quote was blurred out: "Mail-In Voting, on the other hand, will lead to the most corrupt Election is USA history. Bad things happen with Mail-Ins. Just look at Special Election in Patterson, N.J. 19% of Ballots a FRAUD."
There's no difference between mail-in voting and absentee ballot voting. Trump is claiming a distinction that does not exist, all the while exaggerating the fraud risks, prevalence and effects of voting by mail.
Some Republicans privately fear the president is hurting his reelection chances — and the standing of the state party — by endangering one of the secrets to the GOP's electoral success in Florida, where voters do not need an excuse to request or cast a ballot by mail.
0xyAgN1.png

Zin3h1Z.jpg

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT

Your reminder that Florida was really close, but Trump pulled it out. Polling showed that:

Says it all really.

I wish Wisconsin and Iowa were included in this, but great results.

More proof that Florida saves democracy in 2020

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many people are out hard cash from the RNC not happening in 2 cities?

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say if either Florida or Georgia turns blue and it's because the surburbs are sick of trump's bullshit, then this decade going to be rougher then old corncob for the GOP.

After Trump surprsing win, I have irrational distrust of political polling. You can tell me about how improved it is and I'd believe you really if I could get myself to believe it.

Oct 27, 2017
Honest to god, was trump really trying to bring back the imagery of THE SURGE TM you know that thing from iraq war that wasn't that successful at all whatsoever

I don't believe STL isn't that bad and the area that are terrible because of poverty and corruption but no missourian wants to admit that

Oct 27, 2017
Honest to god, Tom Cotton, Josh Hawley and Rand Paul

are the conservative voltron of fascism and stupid

sucks shit that Hawley is basically untouchable in Missouri and Dems in Missouri are non entity

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
The media and political class all around the world need a reckoning. All these people screaming about how they're uncomfortable about Trump yet don't actually *do* anything. Its nice you're *concerned* Mitt but these things have been happening for an entire decade if not decades. Are you actually doing to do anything about it?

Mitt literally voted to remove Trump from office?

Oct 28, 2017
I gotta say if either Florida or Georgia turns blue and it's because the surburbs are sick of trump's bullshit, then this decade going to be rougher then old corncob for the GOP.

After Trump surprsing win, I have irrational distrust of political polling. You can tell me about how improved it is and I'd believe you really if I could get myself to believe it.

Honestly, the signs were all there. Clinton had pretty tepid polling in a lot of states. We just refused to admit it because its fucking Trump. Hindsight is 20/20 after all.

Oct 27, 2017
Really Tom Cotton and Josh Hawley are basically the same people really

Josh is from Arkansas and Cotton is from Oklahoma is the only difference

they've been huffing the fascism gas and promising racism to anyone who listens

Oct 28, 2017
Mitt literally voted to remove Trump from office?

It was a calculated move on his part, he still sees a political future for himself as the bastion of conservatism of the past. He was already a pariah of sorts in a party that's been taken over by the social regressives and had pushed the economic conservatives out. Its the whole Never Trumper bullshit.

This is the guy who was more than happy to accept Trump's endorsement during the 2012 primaries despite Trump being the primary pusher of the whole birther bullshit and then was willing to further debase himself to possibly serve as Trump's SoS after an election trashing Trump in the same way Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham did.

There's no moral consistency with these guys, its all a series of transactions.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I and I think many others were blinded by the fact that Trump would so obviously be a completely shite president compared to Clinton, or literally anyone other than him, that I didn't realize how much people completely detested her as well. Though I guess the 'lock her up' chants and her effigies being paraded in cages should have been obvious clues. Election day 2016 still makes me feel boneheaded as hell.

I mean, especially after the way they similarly detested Obama, it was pretty easy to believe that was just how they were towards any Democrat. And they kinda are, but obviously, certain targets get that extra heavy aggro, for completely unknowable reasons no one could ever gu--oh you all got it already okay I will shut up

Rover

Oct 25, 2017

From the CDC article:

"Extended school closures deprive children who live in unsafe homes and neighborhoods of an important layer of protection from neglect as well as physical, sexual, and emotional maltreatment and abuse. "

"Extended school closures can be harmful to the nutritional health of children. Schools are essential to meeting the nutritional needs of children with many consuming up to half their daily calories at school. Nationwide more than 30 million children participate in the National School Lunch Program and nearly 15 million participate in the School Breakfast Program."

Man, I know these are real issues, but it comes off like "If kids don't go to school, people are going to notice all those missing safety nets we tore up"

xfactor99

Oct 28, 2017
Really Tom Cotton and Josh Hawley are basically the same people really

Josh is from Arkansas and Cotton is from Oklahoma is the only difference

they've been huffing the fascism gas and promising racism to anyone who listens

That not true, Cotton's main issues are neoconservatism in the McCain/Graham mold, and being tough on immigration and crime. Hawley is more about social conservatism, and is noticeably more populist on economics than traditional Republicans (he has drawn the ire of them for this reason).

So say it they both run in 2024 it'll be telling which lane is more popular within the Republican party. Personally I think Cotton's war hawkism is totally DOA in today's world, but we'll have to see.

Oct 26, 2017

Made the mistake of reading the comments,
the Alt Right Bot force is out in strength supporting these nazis.

they are bots, I am 100% certain, saw almost the same posts on the R/cleveland.
( Good somethingneeds to be done to stop the rioting and looting and arsons!!)
that shit literally hasnt happened in cleveland for a month. literally a fucking month.

and Good on the ACLU, it seems the courts are the only thing holding this country together atm, and just barely at that

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Made the mistake of reading the comments,
the Alt Right Bot force is out in strength supporting these nazis.

they are bots, I am 100% certain, saw almost the same posts on the R/cleveland.
( Good somethingneeds to be done to stop the rioting and looting and arsons!!)
that shit literally hasnt happened in cleveland for a month. literally a fucking month.

and Good on the ACLU, it seems the courts are the only thing holding this country together atm, and just barely at that
All I'm seeing are a bunch of people saying thank you and saying they are donating again.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Manu Raju @mkraju

"You have to be very sharp," Trump says to Hannity of being president. "I'm dealing with the heads of these countries and every one of them is a world class chess player, and if you're not a 100% on your game, if you're not 100% sharp-plus, you got a problem."

9:49 PM · Jul 23, 2020

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Honestly, the signs were all there. Clinton had pretty tepid polling in a lot of states. We just refused to admit it because its fucking Trump. Hindsight is 20/20 after all.

Not to mention the Comey surprise came after most of the late stage polling. That probably gave a bunch of people enough of an excuse to either not turn out or to flip or to mentally cancel out "grab by pussy" comment in an already uncomfortably tight race.

Edit: Just watching Seth Meyers' Closer Look covering Trumps test obsession. Just noticed on at least one recounting of the list of words, Trump is looking at the reporter for "Person, Women, Man", has a slight pause, looks at the camera filing him, "Camera", looks back, "TV". LOL. Nice use of visual aides there.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Kenneth P. Vogel @kenvogel

Remember when @KimGuilfoyle & @DonaldJTrumpJr signaled they planned to drive home from Mount Rushmore after she got COVID? They actually took a private flight, while the TRUMP campaign staff she oversees were left to quarantine in their South Dakota hotel

4:43 PM · Jul 23, 2020

www.politico.com

Kimberly Guilfoyle under fire for Trump fundraising disarray

Interviews depict an operation beset by departures, staffers with no prior fundraising experience and accusations of irresponsible spending.
News that Kimberly Guilfoyle contracted the coronavirus had barely surfaced on July 3 before she hopped on a private flight from Mount Rushmore back to New York with her boyfriend, Donald Trump, Jr.
Left behind in her wake after President Donald Trump's pre-Independence Day address were more than a half-dozen junior campaign staffers whom Guilfoyle oversees as the president's national finance chair. The aides, who'd been in proximity to Guilfoyle, were forced to quarantine in their Rapid City, S.D., hotel rooms for three days and barred from face-to-face contact with colleagues as they pleaded with the campaign to get them home.
The campaign tried to reassure the staffers, checking in with them and stressing the need to wait a few days to take a coronavirus test. But the aides felt deserted and scared they'd get sick in a city they'd never set foot in before. They were so distraught that weeks later they sought out Stephanie Alexander, the campaign's chief of staff, to vent about the experience, according to people familiar with the incident.
The episode was the latest example of upheaval within the fundraising unit that Guilfoyle oversees, which is primarily responsible for cultivating networks of donors who cut checks in increments up to $2,800. Interviews with nearly a dozen Republicans familiar with the campaign's fundraising depict an operation beset by departures, staffers with no prior fundraising experience and accusations of irresponsible spending.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the advice, I have a Twitter account but have never used it. Guess I'll start reporting suspect accounts
It usually works pretty well. You won't hear back for like a week about the accounts you report, but they let you know the results of the reporting. They've added a fake account option too if you suspect it of being a bit.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I've lost count of the people and organizations that have permanently thrown away their hard earned reputation just to please Trump. It's incredible

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

"According to a highly placed source in Sacramento, Coelho, whose 10-year stint included many atop the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, has been in close contact with the Bass camp. The source told the Globe that Coelho told another person that Biden's folks told Bass it's her or Duckworth."

Idk whether to believe this.

The source is really iffy. And how likely is it that Biden's people would be out there telling contenders, "it's either you or X"?

That said. Not a pick I'd be unhappy with.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
Biden had said he would pick his VP by August 1st, but he ended up saying the selection process might move a couple weeks into August.

I've lost count of the people and organizations that have permanently thrown away their hard earned reputation just to please Trump. It's incredible
Trump and the world he creates around himself is uniquely chaotic and destructive. All these organizations seem to have no protocols for dealing with sheer malicious greed coupled with complete stupidity on a level that normally never makes it this far up the ladder.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"According to a highly placed source in Sacramento, Coelho, whose 10-year stint included many atop the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, has been in close contact with the Bass camp. The source told the Globe that Coelho told another person that Biden's folks told Bass it's her or Duckworth."

Idk whether to believe this.
Seen a couple of articles mentioning her since yesterday. Feels more like her camp pushing rumors out there to make her a contender. To her benefit she's a relative unknown so Trump really doesn't have much to attack her on.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017

3CellPO

Banned
Jul 13, 2020
Oct 25, 2017

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I wouldn't be upset with Bass, because I think that every time Biden opens his mouth to speak on Black issues one thing becomes clear: it needs to be a Black woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.