• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

3CellPO

Banned
Jul 13, 2020

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

Q: What's your response to Joe Biden calling you the first racist president?

Trump: We did criminal justice reform, Opportunity Zones and black unemployment was record low. He adds, "I've done more for black Americans than anybody with the possible exception of Abraham Lincoln."

6:13 PM · Jul 22, 2020

Matt Berman @Mr_Berman

"I think in their own way, they want us to go in," Trump says of mayors like Chicago's Lori Lightfoot, who does not want federal troops to go in. "There'll be a time they want us to go in full blast."

Trump, asked about Biden calling him the first racist president, starts by bringing up criminal justice reform.

"I've done more for Black Americans than anybody with the possible exception of Abraham Lincoln," he said, and left.

6:12 PM · Jul 22, 2020

Mark Knoller @markknoller

At just under 22 minutes, Pres Trump's press briefing today was one of his briefest to date.

6:33 PM · Jul 22, 2020

Low stamina

May 26, 2018

Katie Rogers @katierogers

One of the questions:
"Who do you trust more to lead our Nation's recovery?

President Trump

China Joe"

jXp6INX.png

6:31 PM · Jul 22, 2020

Sleepy Joe... no, wait, Corrupt Joe... no wait, China Joe!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
China Joe sounds like the racist sidekick to 1940s radio drama series

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
I'm not sure I understand why they care about not having a generous stimulus or unemployment package. The only people that care about national debt and make a big deal of it are Republicans themselves and they are already in the hole enough through the current administration that they can't suddenly make it an election issue. The easiest PR points they could win right now are a generous package which would prop up the economy long enough to limp to the election. If they owned it, that might be just enough to win some key races, maybe even retain the Senate. Trump doesn't care about debt, and would relish the chance to have another talking point about how he and Republicans were looking after the people in spite of the do nothing Democrats (even more so if he could actually have his name on a physical check somehow like the stimulus).

What do they gain by being stingy?

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure I understand why they care about not having a generous stimulus or unemployment package. The only people that care about national debt and make a big deal of it are Republicans themselves and they are already in the hole enough through the current administration that they can't suddenly make it an election issue. The easiest PR points they could win right now are a generous package which would prop up the economy long enough to limp to the election. If they owned it, that might be just enough to win some key races, maybe even retain the Senate. Trump doesn't care about debt, and would relish the chance to have another talking point about how he and Republicans were looking after the people in spite of the do nothing Democrats (even more so if he could actually have his name on a physical check somehow like the stimulus).

Their big money donors may be telling them what to do or threaten to withdraw election funding.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
If you have to keep changing your "nickname", then it just publicly advertises that you have nothing real to hit them with.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017

It's ideology. Their whole ideology is that governments cannot make people's lives better, and so they do everything in their power to make sure the government never does anything to make people's lives better. Fixing a problem would undermine their ideology, weakening their power to prevent government from making people's lives better.

Remember, these people have devoted their entire careers to running an institution that they believe is bad and should do as little as possible.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

"A lot of people are saying" usually means people behind the scenes are telling him the opposite.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
It's ideology. Their whole ideology is that governments cannot make people's lives better, and so they do everything in their power to make sure the government never does anything to make people's lives better. Fixing a problem would undermine their ideology, weakening their power to prevent government from making people's lives better.

Remember, these people have devoted their entire careers to running an institution that they believe is bad and should do as little as possible.

I get that. But I guess my point is they are currently obviously on track to lose the Presidency and the Senate. Seemed to me staying in power (or in power enough to undermine a Democrat President at least) would trump their ideological need to kick people while they were down in the short term. Not to mention Republican politicians individually have proven time and again self interest trumps their stated ideology when it suits them. This is about the only play they have between now and the election.

The only Republicans I think who would actually ride the ideological train off the cliff are the Tea Party and QAnon types. But they don't believe they are losing this election in the first place.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Matthew Miller @matthewamiller

Wow. Barr says today there have been 200 arrests in the past two weeks. KC says the real number is more like one. Then DOJ backtracks and says 200 is since December and includes local arrests. What the hell is going on at DOJ?

7:30 PM · Jul 22, 2020

Bryan Lowry @BryanLowry3

AG Barr says there have 200 arrests in Kansas City related to Operation Legend. That's news to Kansas City.

Going to ask people commenting to please the read the story, which made it pretty clear KC officials didn't believe there had been 200 arrests. And then read this confirms the number as a two week total wasn't close to true

7:45 PM · Jul 22, 2020

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Can't underestimate Republicans' just general contempt for non-rich people.
A Core element of Republican ideology is that wealth is a byproduct of success. Therefore, wealth means you worked hard. Therefore, if you're not wealthy, you haven't worked hard. They see poverty as an earned outcome rather than an unfortunate ailment.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
People going overboard on the Biden comment in the OT thread, as usual. You would think that Biden said that Trump is a hell of a guy that he would like to play golf with as opposed to calling the guy a racist with some of the "lol fuck off Joe" type reactions.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
People going overboard on the Biden comment in the OT thread, as usual. You would think that Biden said that Trump is a hell of a guy that he would like to play golf with as opposed to calling the guy a racist with some of the "lol fuck off Joe" type reactions.
Ignore stupidity like that like I do its pointless.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
They had no intention to post in good faith to begin with. It isn't worth it.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017

I know. Rose Twitter also got a breath of fresh air with that comment.

You would think all other 44 presidents are up for re-election and Joe just endorsed Woodrow Wilson or Andrew Jackson.

But like the other "gaffes", this shows those people's political instincts are for another alternate timeline's 2020 election and not this hell we're currently living.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know. Rose Twitter also got a breath of fresh air with that comment.

You would think all other 44 presidents are up for re-election and Joe just endorsed Woodrow Wilson or Andrew Jackson.

But like the other "gaffes", this shows those people's political instincts are for another alternate timeline's 2020 election and not this hell we're currently living.

Rose Twitter has ZERO political instincts. If they did, they would've understood what a terrible candidate Sanders is and not backed him again for his second farce in 2020.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Rose Twitter has ZERO political instincts. If they did, they would've understood what a terrible candidate Sanders is and not backed him again for his second farce in 2020.
To his credit, Sanders did do a lot of things correct in 2016 and even in 2020. But by and large, his campaign was not great, and you could see a marked drop in the quality of people working on his campaign from 2016 to 2020.

DTC

Oct 25, 2017
To his credit, Sanders did do a lot of things correct in 2016 and even in 2020. But by and large, his campaign was not great, and you could see a marked drop in the quality of people working on his campaign from 2016 to 2020.

Sanders's 2016 campaign was a lot better than his 2020 campaign. His 2020 campaign was exclusionary to anyone that wasn't far-left, and was filled with incompetent far left grifters. His 2016 campaign at least brought in cultural moderates. He managed to lose half of his supporters in 4 years despite his main opposition (Biden) having far less endorsements and cash and establishment support.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Sanders's 2016 campaign was a lot better than his 2020 campaign. His 2020 campaign was exclusionary to anyone that wasn't far-left, and was filled with incompetent far left grifters. His 2016 campaign at least brought in cultural moderates. He managed to lose half of his supporters in 4 years despite his main opposition (Biden) having far less endorsements and cash and establishment support.
I think that's a fair description. I'm just thinking of how well Sanders did with Latino voters in the 2020 Primary, the fact that he was able to avoid a lot of the criticisms of his proposals, and that he was able to completely move past the fact that he basically had a heart attack while campaigning.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Sander's 2016 campaign looks a lot better than 2020 because it was built on the sandcastle of pure anti-Hillary voters.

3CellPO

Banned
Jul 13, 2020
I think that's a fair description. I'm just thinking of how well Sanders did with Latino voters in the 2020 Primary, the fact that he was able to avoid a lot of the criticisms of his proposals, and that he was able to completely move past the fact that he basically had a heart attack while campaigning.
Man, I forgot he had a heart attack.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Yes? I legit don't have any idea what Rose Twitter is. I avoid twitter like the plague if I can help it.
The only important thing to grasp is that rose twitter is it's a subset of twitter far-leftist discourse, and not at all widely implicative of a group of irl people.

Much like "Black Twitter" doesn't represent Black folks who couldn't give the slightest of a shit about what Twitter is or what Black people talk about on it.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only important thing to grasp is that rose twitter is a subset of twitter far-leftist discourse, and not at all widely implicative of a group of irl people.

Much like "Black Twitter" doesn't represent Black folks who couldn't give the slightest of a shit about what Twitter is or what Black people talk about on it.

So basically...go back to my policy of avoiding twitter and anything like "x twitter" like the plague.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
rose twitter is weird

they were all for jamaal bowman, but as soon as he said he'd work with biden a bunch of them got pissed at him

it's like, what did you expect?

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how Trump found a way to never have to get one of his racist piece of shit sycophants confirmed by the Senate. How have Dems never taken advantage of this?

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how Trump found a way to never have to get one of his racist piece of shit sycophants confirmed by the Senate. How have Dems never taken advantage of this?
www.merriam-webster.com

Definition of INTEGRITY

firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility; an unimpaired condition : soundness; the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness… See the full definition

Status
Not open for further replies.