• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
I've worked on a bunch of TV shows and don't have an IMDB page at all. No one I know has a 100% accurate IMDB page either.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
sbr3.jpg
lmao

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Will Steakin @wsteaks

NEW: It's not just Monday night's Trump fundraiser Trump properties have been skirting mask rules (even their own) for weeks Wedding reception, fundraiser, and a "No Masks Allowed" event set for Trump's DC hotel this weekend More w. @TerranceLSmith @ABC

9:03 PM · Jul 21, 2020

ABC News @ABC

As coronavirus surges across the U.S., several properties owned by Pres. Trump have continued to host gatherings that skirt state and city-mandated face covering ordinances as well as the organization's own rules for resuming business during the pandemic.

9:16 PM · Jul 21, 2020

--------------------------

Jesse Lehrich @JesseLehrich

LOL

a new Trump ad warning of chaos & violence depicts a cop being attacked by protesters...

...only it's a pic from Kyiv in 2014, when Yanukovich's thugs fought to quash a democratic uprising. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:A_police_officer_attacked_by_protesters_during_clashes_in_Ukraine,_Kyiv._Events_of_February_18,_2014-1.jpg

D02k646.png

UL59TXr.png

I mean the guy clearly has the insignia on his shoulder, at least try a little bit.

60IrlUE.png

hkQWYh3.png

11:21 PM · Jul 21, 2020

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

www.wsj.com

WSJ Journalists Ask Publisher for Clearer Distinction Between News and Opinion Content

A group of journalists at The Wall Street Journal and other Dow Jones staffers sent a letter to the paper’s new publisher raising concerns about the Opinion section’s accuracy and transparency.

A group of journalists at The Wall Street Journal and other Dow Jones staffers sent a letter on Tuesday to the paper's new publisher, Almar Latour, calling for a clearer differentiation between news and opinion content online, citing concerns about the Opinion section's accuracy and transparency.
The letter, signed by more than 280 reporters, editors and other employees says, "Opinion's lack of fact-checking and transparency, and its apparent disregard for evidence, undermine our readers' trust and our ability to gain credibility with sources."
The letter cites several examples of concern, including a recent essay by Vice President Mike Pence about coronavirus infections. The letter's authors said the editors published Mr. Pence's figures "without checking government figures" and noted that the piece, "There Isn't a Coronavirus 'Second Wave,'" was later corrected.
The letter says many readers don't understand that there is a wall between the Journal's editorial page operations, which have been overseen by Paul Gigot since 2001, and the news staff, which is overseen by Editor in Chief Matt Murray. Mr. Murray was also copied on the letter.
The letter proposed more prominently labeling editorials and opinion columns on the website and mobile apps, including the line "The Wall Street Journal's Opinion pages are independent of its newsroom." It also suggests removing opinion pieces from the "Most Popular Articles" and "Recommended Videos" lists on the website, and creating a separate "Most Popular in Opinion" list.
The letter also proposes that "WSJ journalists should not be reprimanded for writing about errors published in Opinion, whether we make those observations in our articles, on social media, or elsewhere."

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Daily Show had this clip of Buffoon speaking, from that recent lawn show with the red and blue trucks, and I couldn't believe it was real. They edited it slightly, but here's the full thing. Sounds exactly like someone who didn't prepare their presentation and is being forced to give one anyway.

"So we have many exciting things that we'll be announcing over the next eight weeks, I would say. Things that nobody has even contemplated, thought about, thought possible, and things that we're going to get done and we have gotten done — and we've started in most cases. But it's going to be a very exciting eight weeks, a eight weeks, like I prob- — I think, Mike, we can honestly say nobody has ever going to see eight weeks like we're going to have. Because we really have — we have — we're taking on immigration, taking on education, we're taking on so many aspects of things that people were hopelessly tied up in knots in Congress. They can't — they've been working on some of these things for 25, 30 years. It wasn't happening.

But you'll see levels of detail, and you'll see levels of thought that a lot of people believed very strongly we didn't have in this country. We're going to get things done. We're going to get things done that they've wanted to see done for a long, long time.

So I think we'll start sometime on Tuesday."

www.whitehouse.gov

Remarks by President Trump on Rolling Back Regulations to Help All Americans | The White House

South Lawn 4:17 P.M. EDT THE PRESIDENT: Hello, everybody. (Applause.) Thank you. Thank you very much, everybody. Please. That's a nice crowd on a nice, coo

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

www.wsj.com

WSJ Journalists Ask Publisher for Clearer Distinction Between News and Opinion Content

A group of journalists at The Wall Street Journal and other Dow Jones staffers sent a letter to the paper’s new publisher raising concerns about the Opinion section’s accuracy and transparency.

A group of journalists at The Wall Street Journal and other Dow Jones staffers sent a letter on Tuesday to the paper's new publisher, Almar Latour, calling for a clearer differentiation between news and opinion content online, citing concerns about the Opinion section's accuracy and transparency.
The letter, signed by more than 280 reporters, editors and other employees says, "Opinion's lack of fact-checking and transparency, and its apparent disregard for evidence, undermine our readers' trust and our ability to gain credibility with sources."
The letter cites several examples of concern, including a recent essay by Vice President Mike Pence about coronavirus infections. The letter's authors said the editors published Mr. Pence's figures "without checking government figures" and noted that the piece, "There Isn't a Coronavirus 'Second Wave,'" was later corrected.
The letter says many readers don't understand that there is a wall between the Journal's editorial page operations, which have been overseen by Paul Gigot since 2001, and the news staff, which is overseen by Editor in Chief Matt Murray. Mr. Murray was also copied on the letter.
The letter proposed more prominently labeling editorials and opinion columns on the website and mobile apps, including the line "The Wall Street Journal's Opinion pages are independent of its newsroom." It also suggests removing opinion pieces from the "Most Popular Articles" and "Recommended Videos" lists on the website, and creating a separate "Most Popular in Opinion" list.
The letter also proposes that "WSJ journalists should not be reprimanded for writing about errors published in Opinion, whether we make those observations in our articles, on social media, or elsewhere."

Is that the first time they read the WSJ op ed section?

sacrament

Banned
Dec 16, 2019

Will Steakin @wsteaks

NEW: It's not just Monday night's Trump fundraiser Trump properties have been skirting mask rules (even their own) for weeks Wedding reception, fundraiser, and a "No Masks Allowed" event set for Trump's DC hotel this weekend More w. @TerranceLSmith @ABC

9:03 PM · Jul 21, 2020

ABC News @ABC

As coronavirus surges across the U.S., several properties owned by Pres. Trump have continued to host gatherings that skirt state and city-mandated face covering ordinances as well as the organization's own rules for resuming business during the pandemic.

9:16 PM · Jul 21, 2020

--------------------------

Jesse Lehrich @JesseLehrich

LOL

a new Trump ad warning of chaos & violence depicts a cop being attacked by protesters...

...only it's a pic from Kyiv in 2014, when Yanukovich's thugs fought to quash a democratic uprising. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:A_police_officer_attacked_by_protesters_during_clashes_in_Ukraine,_Kyiv._Events_of_February_18,_2014-1.jpg

D02k646.png

UL59TXr.png

I mean the guy clearly has the insignia on his shoulder, at least try a little bit.

60IrlUE.png

hkQWYh3.png

11:21 PM · Jul 21, 2020

Why the fuck does it ALWAYS come back to Russia?! This fucking guy. So goddamn lazy and super shitty. Fuck, the truth court can't come around soon enough.

Oct 25, 2017
www.sfchronicle.com

Shahid Buttar, Nancy Pelosi’s election opponent, accused of sex harassment

A woman who has known Shahid Buttar for nearly 20 years is accusing him of repeatedly...

CW: Descriptions of sexual harassment

A woman who said she has known San Francisco congressional candidate Shahid Buttar for nearly 20 years is accusing him of repeatedly sexually harassing her.

Elizabeth Croydon, a comedian, artist and filmmaker, wrote in a Medium post published Tuesday that Buttar harassed her starting when they both lived in Washington, D.C., in 2003, and continued to do so over several years.

Hope the accusation is investigated and vetted.

Shahid Buttar deserves the right to respond to the allegations (which he has done) and a fair investigation into said allegations.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
www.sfchronicle.com

Shahid Buttar, Nancy Pelosi’s election opponent, accused of sex harassment

A woman who has known Shahid Buttar for nearly 20 years is accusing him of repeatedly...

CW: Descriptions of sexual harassment

Hope the accusation is investigated and vetted.

Shahid Buttar deserves the right to respond to the allegations (which he has done) and a fair investigation into said allegations.

looks like he's also being accused of misogyny by several ex-staffers

https://missionlocal.org/2020/07/sh...-allegation-misogyny-allegation-nancy-pelosi/

the fact that several are coming forward suggests it's highly likely he's guilty of being an abusive employer at best.

unsurprisingly, while left orgs are fleeing/revoking endorsements, left Twitter is a special brand and rallying around him saying this is Pelosi manipulating the election.

Last edited:

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017

King County (that includes most of the greater Seattle metro area) is announcing it will end youth detention no later than 2025.
This is 100% the results of the protests. Prison abolitionists have been organizing against the insane investment the county and the city has been putting in those grotesque kids prisons, they didn't get much success, But once they started to be able to get 10k people to march on the county building, things changed quickly.

Edit: CFJC is a massive youth detention center they built in the middle of a historically black neighborhood and they sold it to people like it's a tech campus. Really gross shit. Good riddance, I hope they use it for good. Actually, I hope they blow it up, that building is a blight.

You love to see it. Direct action gets the goods!

Erpy

May 31, 2018
unsurprisingly, while left orgs are fleeing/revoking endorsements, left Twitter is a special brand and rallying around him saying this is Pelosi manipulating the election.

The same left Twitter who was unconcerned with election manipulation when getting ready to burn Biden at the stake for the Tara Reade saga before journalists finished their vetting? Surely you jest.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
The same left Twitter who was unconcerned with election manipulation when getting ready to burn Biden at the stake for the Tara Reade saga before journalists finished their vetting?

pretty much. Complete with saying Shahid's response of denial with a statement to investigate is a good statement while saying Biden's denial with a statement to investigate is a bad statement.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Matt Viser @mviser

Joe Biden and Barack Obama sat down for a conversation, in person but distanced and with both arriving in masks. It airs tomorrow on their social media platforms. First clip here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=rePnIJN0_ZE

7:30 AM · Jul 22, 2020

youtu.be

Teaser | President Obama and Vice President Biden: A Socially Distanced Conversation

Join our campaign: http://www.joebiden.comFollow Joe!Joe’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/joebidenJoe’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/joebidenJoe’s Instag...

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Virginia in 2017 was the model to how the US in 2020 is going to go. Polls show the Democrat with various leads all throughout. Close fight to flip legislative chambers. Republican candidates going all in on MS-13 and other racial issues. Polls tighten to show a pretty much dead even race at the end near election day.

The result was Democrats winning +10. Suburbs fleeing Republicans en mass, Democrats win total control of government, and proceeded to pass some of the most healthy and needed legislation in the country.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
www.politico.com

Trump administration weighs a show of force in more cities

DHS and DOJ officials are making plans to deploy units to protect federal facilities.

Trump administration weighs a show of force in more cities
DHS and DOJ officials are making plans to deploy units to protect federal facilities.

Senior DHS officials said they expect the unrest to escalate at least through the November election

That's really the only thing you need to take from this article.
We all know this is a vile political ploy, and here they are admitting it.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't all this DHS stuff encourage even MORE people to vote? This has a chance of wildly back firing

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't all this DHS stuff encourage even MORE people to vote? This has a chance of wildly back firing

why have all that anger directed only at cops when you can also have it directed right at the current administration?

the result of the george floyd protests was an actual movement of defunding the police and addressing reform to the way we view criminals in the us. the result wasn't that peaceful protests were squashed under the foot of 'law enforecement.' the only outcome that seems plausible is dialing up the anger, not the fear.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
how many stormtroppers does the DHS have, and what are they neglecting in order to do this shit?

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I wonder if Virginia in 2017 was the model to how the US in 2020 is going to go. Polls show the Democrat with various leads all throughout. Close fight to flip legislative chambers. Republican candidates going all in on MS-13 and other racial issues. Polls tighten to show a pretty much dead even race at the end near election day.

The result was Democrats winning +10. Suburbs fleeing Republicans en mass, Democrats win total control of government, and proceeded to pass some of the most healthy and needed legislation in the country.
To be fair the legislature didn't actually flip until 2019 (thank you gerrymandering, and also the Senate wasn't up until then) but I've basically always seen Virginia's politics post-2019 elections as the model for the US to follow should Biden win with a D legislature, just on a much grander scale. Same with New York.

In both of those cases they eventually hit roadblocks in passing the most progressive parts of the generalized Democratic agenda, but that shouldn't discount the good stuff they got leading up to it. There's a very important shift in both of those states where they literally did not need to worry about working with Republicans and getting bipartisan support on everything.

Now, for the federal government that will come down entirely to eliminating the filibuster, but there have been enough comments by Biden and Schumer, among others that makes me think it's going to happen.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
This is a really great editorial from a really great guy:

When it comes to the daunting question of reopening schools, America's educators deserve a plan, not a trap. Dave Grohl writes about the country's responsibility to people like his mother, a former public-school teacher:

In Defense of Our Teachers - Dave

Edit: Even as far back as the primaries, every candidate speaks in the language of "When I am president, when I take office," etc. Confidence in your ability to win is baked into politics.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
what's he supposed to do, pretend he's not going to win?

Here in the Netherlands it's basically tradition that if you are one of the front runners in the election, you will be introduced as "the next prime minister of the Netherlands". Last election was relatively close so we had like 4 "next prime minister of the Netherlands" running around :)

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Here in the Netherlands it's basically tradition that if you are one of the front runners in the election, you will be introduced as "the next prime minister of the Netherlands". Last election was relatively close so we had like 4 "next prime minister of the Netherlands" running around :)

Literally during the Iowa caucus run-up they introduce everyone speaking at what used to be the Jackson/Jefferson dinner as "THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES"

I'm also pretty sure in the Indiana primary in 2008 before I saw Obama speak they introduced him as the next President as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.