• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

King County (that includes most of the greater Seattle metro area) is announcing it will end youth detention no later than 2025.
This is 100% the results of the protests. Prison abolitionists have been organizing against the insane investment the county and the city has been putting in those grotesque kids prisons, they didn't get much success, But once they started to be able to get 10k people to march on the county building, things changed quickly.

Edit: CFJC is a massive youth detention center they built in the middle of a historically black neighborhood and they sold it to people like it's a tech campus. Really gross shit. Good riddance, I hope they use it for good. Actually, I hope they blow it up, that building is a blight.

Oct 25, 2017
These media pundits never leave the beltway. Even when they travel to other areas of the country, that beltway thinking follows them.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What did he say about DeSantis?
>
www.orlandosentinel.com

Trump: Florida is in ‘a big tough position’ with coronavirus

Florida is in a “big tough position” when it comes to the coronavirus pandemic, President Trump said Tuesday in his first briefing on the pandemic in three months. Asked by a reporter a…

Florida is in a "big tough position" when it comes to the coronavirus pandemic, President Trump said Tuesday in his first briefing on the pandemic in three months.
Asked by a reporter about about the spiking cases across America, the president responded by talking about "embers and fires" across the nation that his administration was seeking to put out.
"Unfortunately, now Florida is in a little tough, or a big tough, position,'' he said. "You have a great governor there ... and I think [he will] do a very good job."

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Sahil Kapur @sahilkapur

NEW: 'What in the hell are we doing?' Divided Senate Republicans clash over coronavirus relief Inside a contentious meeting plus the latest state of play on coronavirus relief, w/ @JulieNBCNews @GarrettHaake @kasie

6:15 PM · Jul 21, 2020

www.nbcnews.com

'What in the hell are we doing?' Divided Senate Republicans clash over coronavirus relief

Mitch McConnell emerged from a Republican lunch meeting doubtful that a new package will pass by the end of the month.

-----------------

Seung Min Kim @seungminkim

First a tan suit, now AirPods

Todd Faulkner @TFaulknerWPSD

Spoke with @senatemajldr today about the next COVID-19 proposal under his leadership on the @SenateFloor. At 5,6,10 on
@WPSDLocal6 - details from the Republican plan which highlights "kids, jobs, healthcare" as major pillars in relief package.
@McConnellPress

mM8wz1c.png

4:55 PM · Jul 21, 2020
7:20 PM · Jul 21, 2020

IsezDuj.png

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

Sahil Kapur @sahilkapur

NEW: 'What in the hell are we doing?' Divided Senate Republicans clash over coronavirus relief Inside a contentious meeting plus the latest state of play on coronavirus relief, w/ @JulieNBCNews @GarrettHaake @kasie

www.nbcnews.com

'What in the hell are we doing?' Divided Senate Republicans clash over coronavirus relief

Mitch McConnell emerged from a Republican lunch meeting doubtful that a new package will pass by the end of the month.

"Governing is hard"

Bunch of useless fuckers. Do your fucking job you lazy fucks.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

Ashley Parker @AshleyRParker

Watching this news conference, it seems clear there is nothing Trump enjoys less than staying on message — and delivering administration talking points — about the pandemic.

5:23 PM · Jul 21, 2020

Daniel Dale @ddale8

This is one of those New Trump prepared speeches that, historically, has been immediately followed by unscripted Trump/Twitter Trump sounding like he always sounds.

5:22 PM · Jul 21, 2020

Wbt00fD.png

High as fuck. Called it.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sahil Kapur @sahilkapur

www.nbcnews.com

-----------------

Seung Min Kim @seungminkim

First a tan suit, now AirPods

Todd Faulkner @TFaulknerWPSD

Spoke with @senatemajldr today about the next COVID-19 proposal under his leadership on the @SenateFloor. At 5,6,10 on
@WPSDLocal6 - details from the Republican plan which highlights "kids, jobs, healthcare" as major pillars in relief package.
@McConnellPress

mM8wz1c.png

4:55 PM · Jul 21, 2020
7:20 PM · Jul 21, 2020

IsezDuj.png

The real scandal here is Mitch's tan suit.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love that they couldn't keep him on script and he managed to wish Ghislaine Maxwell well.
Amazing.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
www.buzzfeednews.com

“Disturbing And Demoralizing”: DHS Employees Are Worried The Portland Protest Response Is Destroying Their Agency’s Reputation

"We have a lot of work ahead in terms of repairing the public’s trust."

Hamed Aleaziz @Haleaziz

NEW: The DHS response to protests in PDX has disturbed & angered many employees, who called the deployment of the federal force an unusual maneuver that could do long term damage to the agency's reputation. From conversations today with 17 DHS employees:

Some quotes: "I did not sign up, nor was I trained to be, a street cop. Civil societies have immigration laws that need to be enforced, but that does not mean we should be used as this delusional president's personal attack dog just because we happen to be available."

"This administration's utterly transparent fear-mongering of sending federal officers out against peaceful protesters in Portland and Chicago has no purpose other than to support Trump's reelection bid. It is blatantly unconstitutional and an embarrassment to the agency..."

"We have a lot of work ahead in terms of repairing the public's trust."

7:10 PM · Jul 21, 2020

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
www.buzzfeednews.com

“Disturbing And Demoralizing”: DHS Employees Are Worried The Portland Protest Response Is Destroying Their Agency’s Reputation

Hamed Aleaziz @Haleaziz

NEW: The DHS response to protests in PDX has disturbed & angered many employees, who called the deployment of the federal force an unusual maneuver that could do long term damage to the agency's reputation. From conversations today with 17 DHS employees:

Some quotes: "I did not sign up, nor was I trained to be, a street cop. Civil societies have immigration laws that need to be enforced, but that does not mean we should be used as this delusional president's personal attack dog just because we happen to be available."

"This administration's utterly transparent fear-mongering of sending federal officers out against peaceful protesters in Portland and Chicago has no purpose other than to support Trump's reelection bid. It is blatantly unconstitutional and an embarrassment to the agency..."

Good luck with that, especially if this continues.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
www.buzzfeednews.com

Hamed Aleaziz @Haleaziz

THEN QUIT, YOU NAZI FUCKS.

Oct 28, 2017
Well, time to stop following orders then.

We've heard this for 4 years straight. Trump beats up a puppy on live TV, people write a stern letter saying "that's not very nice" and nothing changes because everyone is a self interested asshole.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
www.buzzfeednews.com

Hamed Aleaziz @Haleaziz

Ahhh yes, the great reputation of the DHS, every Muslim in America just died laughing.

Oct 27, 2017
Maddow dropped her show opening tonight to cover the british open thing. As bad as this is for any president and ambassador to do, it's basically "we got one page of the tax returns" in terms of reporting impact. It took 40 minutes to get to the DHS Portland people-snatching, and she's talking to Jeh Johnson about it but in very broad terms that don't address much.

The point is that I've been noticing that when it comes to things like the portland protests, despite having gone on for over a month, even the usually more eager reporters and progressive observers of news have approached this very...conservatively. Why is this unmarked force deployment, and statements of intent to deploy by Trump, so unapproachable?

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maddow dropped her show opening tonight to cover the british open thing. As bad as this is for any president and ambassador to do, it's basically "we got one page of the tax returns" in terms of reporting impact. It took 40 minutes to get to the DHS Portland people-snatching, and she's talking to Jeh Johnson about it but in very broad terms that don't address much.

The point is that I've been noticing that when it comes to things like the portland protests, despite having gone on for over a month, even the usually more eager reporters and progressive observers of news have approached this very...conservatively. Why is this unmarked force deployment, and statements of intent to deploy by Trump, so unapproachable?
I think big part of it is that the protests in Portland are mostly against the mayor, the city and the AG, which are all Democrats.
Trump sending in the feds made things way worse, but this story doesn't easily break into a D vs R, good guys and bad guys narrative which is the bread and butter of MSNBC.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think big part of it is that the protests in Portland are mostly against the mayor, the city and the AG, which are all Democrats.
Trump sending in the feds made things way worse, but this story doesn't easily break into a D vs R, good guys and bad guys narrative which is the bread and butter of MSNBC.
Tribalism is a problem; Fascism should be fought no matter where it is.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
:V

Manu Raju@mkraju

No Trump press conference or coronavirus briefing tomorrow but on the WH schedule: "THE PRESIDENT delivers remarks on Operation Legend: Combatting Violent Crime in American Cities"

9:49 PM · Jul 21, 2020

Ari Fleischer this morning:

Ari Fleischer @AriFleischer

My thoughts on POTUS resuming briefings:

1. It's a mistake. That room is a hot spot. Too many reporters don't want info- they want a fight.
2. Don't give them a fight.
3. When reporters taunt, rise above.
4. Talk personally. Show you care.

9:05 AM · Jul 21, 2020

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
https://www.kshb.com/news/local-new...groups-protest-initiative-in-4-year-olds-name

"Operation LeGend is to investigate murders that have been unsolved and one of those is for my 4-year-old son that did not make it to 5," Powell said, "and if you're against that, maybe you have to reevaluate your stance and your mentality to see what direction you're headed in."

Again this would not be new from the admin who is currently pushing breaking end to end encryption under the guise of protecting children. They'll pull the mom on stage claiming they're pushing for federal agents out there to investigate murders and just smash whatever credibility they intend to gain in the process.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.kshb.com/news/local-new...groups-protest-initiative-in-4-year-olds-name

Again this would not be new from the admin who is currently pushing breaking end to end encryption under the guise of protecting children. They'll pull the mom on stage claiming they're pushing for federal agents out there to investigate murders and just smash whatever credibility they intend to gain in the process.

I would bet 35% would blame the protestors. The same 35% who back Trump.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017

did this fuckhead just really say getting shot is your fault because of a sharp stick? (Yes I know he said other stupid shit, but really...sharp sticks?) 🤦🏻‍♂️

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Interesting choice of gotcha.

This is kind of bizarre because Tucker, in an interview with Dave Rubin, stated that he doesn't like populism. He also admitted that he's playing a clown on tv. But this seems like a genuinely puzzled reaction.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018

Ultra Instinct Abuse, on the level of the gods

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
When it comes to credits in the industry it actually is.
Anyone who has used the site over the years can tell you with certainty that it is not. It's more like Wikipedia, but instead of sources, one must "trust the process." Which is fine for general and informal use, but should not in any form be used as an arbiter of truth.

http://www.imdb.com/help/show_leaf?in...

Unlike at Wikipedia, data submitted to IMDb goes through processing by data managers. The degree of verification applied varies. Like Wikipedia, IMDb does depend on users to add information and correct errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.