• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Bernie's shit hires that have a platform thanks to being on his campaign, I wonder if Brie Brie called John Lewis a neolib sellout who threw Bernie under the bus after he passed? She said as much when he was alive.
I waded into her Twitter feed out of morbid curiosity about this. Near as I can tell, she didn't say a single thing about him. Not a peep.

But she couldn't stop talking about Michael Brooks...

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
EdPX7AaWkAEh4ES.jpg%3Alarge

Now what coulda happened in France in the 1790s...

How was wealth defined for the 1760-90 bit? Because hoarding physical land back then (and letting the populace starve) is different to owning stocks etc now, where the majority of wealth is sheltered

Not that it isn't problematic, of course!

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How was wealth defined for the 1760-90 bit? Because hoarding physical land back then (and letting the populace starve) is different to owning stocks etc now, where the majority of wealth is sheltered

Not that it isn't problematic, of course!
WILL YOU PEOPLE LET ME HAVE MY JOKES!

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

www.nytimes.com

Biden Announces $775 Billion Plan to Help Working Parents and Caregivers (Published 2020)

In a speech in Delaware, Joseph R. Biden Jr. outlined proposals covering care for small children, older adults and family members with disabilities.

www.cnbc.com

Biden to unveil $775 billion plan to fund universal child care and in-home elder care

Joe Biden's plan would subsidize the high cost of child care for working families, fund universal preschool and provide $450 billion to expand community-based and in-home care for the elderly and disabled.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
So who's ready for the turning point/pivot/moment he became president today at Trump's coronavirus campaign rally? 😆

I'm sure the usual suspects at the NYT will be giddy if Trump doesn't shit down his leg this evening. I think we'll see drugged up, quiet Trump today so he can buy a bit of cheap positive news coverage.

My guess is that he finally plays the "I was insisting on masks from the start" card there.

Last edited:

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope he doesn't seem to act as if a vaccine is coming and all these problems aren't going to go away.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Michael Beschloss @BeschlossDC

George H.W. Bush's letter to Bill Clinton on the day of their peaceful transfer of power, 1993:

7:38 PM · Jul 20, 2020
qCU4kiE.png

Bill:
lQ2CxZo.jpg

Bush Jr:
EzXZMdV.jpg

Barry:
www.cnn.com

Exclusive: Read the Inauguration Day letter Obama left for Trump | CNN Politics

During his final moments in the Oval Office, President Barack Obama folded into thirds a handwritten letter to Donald Trump, slid it into an envelope, and in neat capital letters addressed it to "Mr. President."
Dear Mr. President -

Congratulations on a remarkable run. Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.

This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don't know that any advice from me will be particularly helpful. Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.

First, we've both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. Not everyone is so lucky. It's up to us to do everything we can (to) build more ladders of success for every child and family that's willing to work hard.

Second, American leadership in this world really is indispensable. It's up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that's expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.

Third, we are just temporary occupants of this office. That makes us guardians of those democratic institutions and traditions -- like rule of law, separation of powers, equal protection and civil liberties -- that our forebears fought and bled for. Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them.

And finally, take time, in the rush of events and responsibilities, for friends and family. They'll get you through the inevitable rough patches.

Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.

Good luck and Godspeed,

BO

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Seung Min Kim @seungminkim

I can think of exactly two senators so far who have said on the record they support the payroll tax cut and think it's a good idea: @LindseyGrahamSC and @SteveDaines. Most other Rs hate it, say is bad policy.

Today's lunch with Mnuchin/Meadows and Senate Rs will be interesting.

7:45 AM · Jul 21, 2020

Lindsey Graham @LindseyGrahamSC

Great dinner last night with President @realDonaldTrump, Secretary Mnuchin and White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows.

We discussed stimulus package to continue the momentum of our economic recovery and how best to fight coronavirus.

Fully support payroll tax cut to help working Americans and believe President Trump will push for infrastructure package, particularly when it comes to helping rural America.

7:39 AM · Jul 21, 2020

Steve Daines @SteveDaines

.@realDonaldTrump is right to call for payroll tax relief. I've been pushing for this since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic bc it will help put money in the pockets of Montana families & serve as a back to work bonus.

10:20 PM · Jul 20, 2020

Last edited:

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I was just thinking the other day what word soup Trump would leave, assuming he would even leave a letter behind.

I was just thinking the other day what word soup Trump would leave, assuming he would even leave a letter behind.
Dear Sleepy Joe,

Your beautiful ELECTORAL FRAUD did not fool me. I am the real president. Tens of millions of ILLEGAL votes were casted [sic] for you in Democrat states and by mail. My investigators are finding bigly fraud, will have the proof in two weeks. Greatest presidenting in history, all others are losers.

[Incomprehensible signature]

P.S. Do not prosecute.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Someone on the old primaries thread back in March suggested Karen Bass as a potential Biden VP pick. Seems there could be something in that... (paywall article)

There is also a belief that Mr Biden would be a one-term president, putting his vice-president in pole position for a run for the White House in 2024 and making his choice of running-mate even more significant than usual. Ms Bass, who is divorced, told The Atlantic that she "cannot envision" running for president in 2024 or 2028.

www.thetimes.co.uk

Joe Biden considers congresswoman Karen Bass as presidential election ally

A veteran congresswoman with a strong personal bond with Joe Biden is rising fast in the race to become his running-mate for November’s election as more polls gave the Democratic challenger a healthy lead over President Trump.Karen Bass, a former Speaker of the California state assembly who was elec

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Bobby Lewis @revrrlewis

On Fox & Friends, Sen. Tom Cotton compares protesters to the Confederacy: "These insurrectionists in the streets of Portland are little different from the insurrectionists who seceded from the union in 1861 in South Carolina, and tried to take over Fort Sumter."

8:06 AM · Jul 21, 2020

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Guys like Tom Cotton will be the new GOP after Trump is gone. Smooth talkers, more composed, but just as evil.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins

Currently it doesn't sound like any of the task force members are expected to join President Trump at today's briefing. That could change, of course.

Kayleigh McEnany tells Fox News these will be short briefings where Trump is "mainly delivering information to the American people that's needed on therapeutics and vaccines." She says he will take questions.

8:33 AM · Jul 21, 2020

Tamara Keith @tamarakeithNPR

Dr. Fauci tells @rachelnpr on ⁦@MorningEdition⁩ that he's pleased the president wore a mask. Fauci doesn't know whether the White House will invite him to the COVID briefings POTUS is restarting.

CKjW08O.png

8:22 AM · Jul 21, 2020

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking knew it. He's going to try and take credit for the vaccine that Oxford is developing. This makes me so mad.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins

Currently it doesn't sound like any of the task force members are expected to join President Trump at today's briefing. That could change, of course.

Kayleigh McEnany tells Fox News these will be short briefings where Trump is "mainly delivering information to the American people that's needed on therapeutics and vaccines." She says he will take questions.

8:33 AM · Jul 21, 2020

Tamara Keith @tamarakeithNPR

Dr. Fauci tells @rachelnpr on ⁦@MorningEdition⁩ that he's pleased the president wore a mask. Fauci doesn't know whether the White House will invite him to the COVID briefings POTUS is restarting.

CKjW08O.png

8:22 AM · Jul 21, 2020

Welp we all know how this will turn out.

giphy.gif

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Man, that letter from Obama.
Trump did everything exactly the opposite of Obamas advice whether through stupidy, design or both.

You know he didn't bother reading it. Trump made it a point early in to shut the door on his face and argue that he didn't need to consult with him on anything during the transition.

Petty little shit and much of America kept using the excuse "he's learning!" despite taking no advice or showing any regard for opinions other than Fox News, Breitbart, and racists in his ear.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Ted Yoho continues to prove he's got one of the most appropriate names in Congress.
EDIT: thought this was in this thread

kess

Oct 27, 2017
So... what does Yoho think contributes to crime in the first place anyway? I mean Seebohm Rowntree did studies on this kind of thing a million years ago.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
LOL, just hearing Buffoon talking about his secret police (on last nights Colbert),

"How about Chicago? I read the numbers were many people killed over the weekend."

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Ted Yoho continues to prove he's got one of the most appropriate names in Congress.
EDIT: thought this was in this thread

Florida man angered over the suggestion that communities left behind by a corrupt and brazenly unfair economic system may turn to crime as a last resort chooses to respond in the only way fitting of the gentlemen with "Fucking Bitch!"

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
Yoho is retiring and is just looking to get some last minute publicity from "standing up to liberals" so he can get some of that grift money.

Status
Not open for further replies.