• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Poll also has Trump +1 with seniors which is worrying. I'm thinking this might be an outlier and hopefully not the start of a trend. Last month with Fox, Biden was +10 with seniors.

Fox swinging 11 points toward Trump with seniors when literally every other poll has it reversed raises a huge red flag here. I'll believe outlier until I see this hold over. a month.

It is possible the "Run for your lives and be scared!!!!" campaign is having an effect on that group, but 11 points?

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
They really think it will go away if you just ignore it, holy fuck.
Actually, I think it is more nefarious than that. Trump sees COVID affect minority communities more that White. So he is purposely letting it run rampant, hoping it will diminish Democrat's voting base. A killer version of voter suppression. And Trump doesn't care if some of his own white base has to die in order to win reelection. They are acceptable collateral damage. It is a simple, horrifying tactic founded in racism.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, I think it is more nefarious than that. Trump sees COVID affect minority communities more that White. So he is purposely letting it run rampant, hoping it will diminish Democrat's voting base. A killer version of voter suppression. And Trump doesn't care if some of his own white base has to die in order to win reelection. They are acceptable collateral damage. It is a simple, horrifying tactic founded in racism.
This is precisely what it is and more people should be bringing attention to it.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The NRCC called again last night, and I finally picked up. Sadly, no one answered when I said, "Hello." Maybe they heard the eagerness in my voice as I got ready to tell them what I think of them.

Enten and Cohn were saying some polls were moving back to Trump no?

Makes no sense. Why? He's done less than nothing, the economy is in shambles, even more people are out of work, and it's only going to get worse. Is there really a huge chunk of people who can be swayed to care more about culture war bullshit than about a deadly pandemic? Since he can't fill his rallys up anymore, I'm having a hard time believing that.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

And teachers vote heavily democrat as well, so send all the kids back!

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Likely voters screens are *mostly* a subset of Registered voter screens, but not entirely. The criteria for a registered voter screen is super straightforward because it's a boolean question. Usually, to pass a likely voter screen you also need to be registered, but some pollsters and in some states (e.g. where same day registration is allowed), will ultimately count some number of enthusiastic respondents as LV even if they're not yet registered
Interesting. Thanks!

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
It's sad that Trump's most faithful bootlicker will most likely keep his seat.

For the second day in a row Lindsey Graham was seen getting into the motorcade this morning with POTUS. Looks like early morning golf on this 100 degree day.

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
The Republicans and Trump have been more disciplined in attacking Biden recently.Trump is being more disciplined than he was before but still completely shitty at attacking Biden. We will see how it goes. This strategy isn't new, but it is slightly more on message than before. People are still worried about covid-19 and ignoring is the worst strategy. The virus is going to hit terrible milestones like some states having much higher cases than New York, many more dead, 4 , 5, 6 million cases, etc. Whatever is that they do is going be overshadowed by the pandemic.

I think Biden's prime goal should be storing up what he has, and try to get young progressives and Hispanics back into his orbit. People think that VP choices doesn't help much, but in this case a Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, or Tammy Duckworth choice would definitely help Biden.

Last edited:

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH everyone was mean to me!

WALLACE: "How will you regard your years as POTUS?" TRUMP: "I think I was very unfairly treated." WALLACE: "But what about the good parts?" TRUMP: "I have done more than any POTUS in history in the first 3.5 years ... here's the bottom line: I've been very unfairly treated."

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
He's shot himself in both feet with this mail-in ballot crap. He's depressing his own turnout.

God damn it is incredible that we went from Obama to this. He is just such a fucking moron it is unbelievable.
This specific ramble sounds exactly like what I've heard from so many aggravated white baby boomers who know nothing, yet bitch about everything being "changed".

Especially the phrase "where did this come from?" followed by "they don't know".

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Chris Wallace agree with Trump that Hillary didn't concede? She did concede. Trump was even boasting about releasing the recording of her conceding on the anniversary of her doing so.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Just reading the highlights here, that's another half dozen ads easily.

All this squirming and whining makes him look so weak. And here's a thought for the October surprise. Instead of spending all your efforts to spread dirt, maybe consider having policies and helping the 99% instead? No?

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
The Fox poll has a few issues, but it's probably just statistical noise. Bottom line is Biden is still in a favorable position and voters don't like Trump but DO like Biden.

That's a big deal and a reversal from 4 years ago when voters disliked both candidates so some decided to give Trump a shot.

Favorable/Unfavorable
Biden +11 (54/43)
Trump -13 (43/56)

This is NOT 2016.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Poll also has Trump +1 with seniors which is worrying. I'm thinking this might be an outlier and hopefully not the start of a trend. Last month with Fox, Biden was +10 with seniors.
Trump at +1 with seniors still is a major improvement over 2016 for Biden and would almost guarantee him the election on its own.

I'm not going to start worrying about any polls until it slips down to the Biden +5 range. I keep hearing people say that Trump has a 4-5% popular vote vs. electoral college advantage, I don't think it's that large. I think a +3-3.5% popular vote margin wins Biden the election very narrowly.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Trump at +1 with seniors still is a major improvement over 2016 for Biden and would almost guarantee him the election on its own.

I'm not going to start worrying about any polls until it slips down to the Biden +5 range. I keep hearing people say that Trump has a 4-5% popular vote vs. electoral college advantage, I don't think it's that large. I think a +3-3.5% popular vote margin wins Biden the election very narrowly.

In fact, based on the latest round of industrial state polling and Biden's polling with whites and seniors it looks like that PV/EC difference might be narrowing.

LOCK

Oct 25, 2017

As long as Biden can stay above the MOE then I'll be happy. But I hope we (the US) swing so far left in voting that it sends a message that Trumpism is over.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Something is off with that Fox poll
How does Biden just implode with seniors in Trumps worst month yet?

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
"Doesn't want to be distracted by it" [The pandemic]

His aids don't want to win this thing.

"It is what it is" [re: COVID death count]

Every time this idiot goes on camera, he films an ad reel full of oppo

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
"Doesn't want to be distracted by it" [The pandemic]

His aids don't want to win this thing.

"It is what it is" [re: COVID death count]

Every time this idiot goes on camera, he films an ad reel full of oppo
"I don't care what the military says"

That's gonna sting. Vote Vets are probably at work already.

Status
Not open for further replies.