• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Two major mistakes in that Stepien plan:

1) Biden has never once come off as a "tool of the extreme left." One could argue that's why he won the primary. He also did nothing during the Obama years to get that reputation.

2) Trying to make Trump look like he has had any success when millions of jobs are gone, his ignorance led to nearly 140,000 deaths up to this point, and his tax cuts and stimulus purposely gave most of the money to already rich corporations and people.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
The lockdown and missing out on school and summer activities has definitely negatively affected children. It isn't a good thing at all that they missed these opportunities. And for the kids without siblings it's even harder. Other than seniors children are bearing the brunt of the negative fallout.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Two major mistakes in that Stepien plan:

1) Biden has never once come off as a "tool of the extreme left." One could argue that's why he won the primary. He also did nothing during the Obama years to get that reputation.

2) Trying to make Trump look like he has had any success when millions of jobs are gone, his ignorance led to nearly 140,000 deaths up to this point, and his tax cuts and stimulus purposely gave most of the money to already rich corporations and people.

In reality his only plan is to stay employed.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't see a reply to this so:

Trump "art of the deal" managed to lower the bounties payments by 2%.

"So I call him up, I said to him, Vlad – I call him Vlad, because he considers me his best friend, so I call him Vlad, he likes that – I said to him, you can't keep paying those guys, the Talibans, so much money to kill American soldiers. Our bounties are the biggest in the world, most people don't know that. And he said something in Russian. I didn't quite catch the translation, something about me being strong, I believe."
"We talked about me being strong for a while, then he had to go, he had to run to the gremlin, I don't know who that is, maybe his wife? Some Russian women are very beautiful though. Isn't my wife beautiful? Looks just like my daughter." Trump then spent the next twenty minutes ranking his children on looks and intelligence until one of his aides prompted him to describe the rest of his phone call with Putin.

"Putin, he's a great guy. Tremendous. So just as the call was about to end, I asked him to lower the bounty on our soldiers. He offered to get rid of it altogether, but I knew that's what he wanted me to ask him for. Can't let the other side have everything they want, gotta keep them on their toes, that's negotiating 101. So I asked for a 10% lowering of the bounty and we settled on 2%. He never even knew what hit him," Trump said.

www.thebeaverton.com

Businessman Trump masterfully convinces Putin to lower bounty on US soldiers by 2%

"I said to him, Vlad - I call him Vlad, because he considers me his best friend, so I call him Vlad, he likes that - I said to him, you can’t keep paying those guys, the Talibans, so much money to kill American soldiers. Our bounties are the biggest in the world, most people don’t know that."
This just sounds so incompetent... Like I don't want to believe this happened.

It didn't happen. The Beaverton is an Onion-esque site.

For instance:

www.thebeaverton.com

Fate of global superpower once again rests on immune system of old lady

“Right now, there are about 20 billion leukocytes stopping Donald Trump from naming his third Supreme Court justice. I know 20 billion sounds like a lot, but they’re very very small and were produced by an immune system that’s been running non-stop for just shy of a century."

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see a reply to this so:

It didn't happen. The Beaverton is an Onion-esque site.

For instance:

www.thebeaverton.com

Fate of global superpower once again rests on immune system of old lady

“Right now, there are about 20 billion leukocytes stopping Donald Trump from naming his third Supreme Court justice. I know 20 billion sounds like a lot, but they’re very very small and were produced by an immune system that’s been running non-stop for just shy of a century."
Thanks for letting me know.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Other than the inevitable Barr investigation announcement, their last play will be to do everything in their power to drive Biden's favorables down into the mud like Trump's are just like with Hilary. That's what this new guy is for.

Let's hope more people are wise to it this time.
I mean, let's get real here. Misogyny played a huge role in demonizing Hillary. It's just easier for them to ratchet up Hillary's negatives. Way harder to do that with Biden because he's a straight white male.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
The lockdown and missing out on school and summer activities has definitely negatively affected children. It isn't a good thing at all that they missed these opportunities. And for the kids without siblings it's even harder. Other than seniors children are bearing the brunt of the negative fallout.
When she was saying "all the other western countries are opening schools" I couldn't have face palmed harder.

We're in such bad fucking shape.

This whole situation is, incidentally, a microcosm of the difference between the two parties.

The Democrats are actively trying to, essentially, save the Republicans' political skins by proposing measures to minimize the consequences of the pandemic. They really have negative political incentive to prevent this bill from failing, it's entirely a good government agenda. The modern GOP would never do the same; indeed, they're resisting doing the right thing even when they are the ones who will be (and are) blamed for failure.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Other than the inevitable Barr investigation announcement, their last play will be to do everything in their power to drive Biden's favorables down into the mud like Trump's are just like with Hilary. That's what this new guy is for.

Let's hope more people are wise to it this time.
Good luck trying to get people to hate an inoffensive old white guy who's never been demonized during his career the way they did a smart and ambitious woman who'd been smeared nonstop for 30 years.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

SCOOP: @FoxBusiness has learned White House civil war is raging over next stimulus package pitting @stevenmnuchin1 against @larry_kudlow; Mnuchin pushing for individual stimulus checks and extension of unemployment benefits while Kudlow wants payroll tax cut more now

Well Mnuchin has basically been the cockroach who has weathered every storm so far, so hopefully he wins the day? lmao jesus I'm rooting for this clown. What a fucked up hellscape 2020 is

Oct 29, 2017
What the fuck is a payroll tax cut going to do for the average American Kuldow you fucking hack!?!?!?

I know the reason why he wants it, but still its just beyond baffling.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017

Well Mnuchin has basically been the cockroach who has weathered every storm so far, so hopefully he wins the day? lmao jesus I'm rooting for this clown. What a fucked up hellscape 2020 is

I just don't get the point of payroll tax cuts when those who need stimulus the most are not currently employed.

ZAKU-RED

Oct 27, 2017
We have been prepping for School to reopen here in my local district in Oklahoma.

I was talking with one of the Head Custodians, he thinks the schools will probably be shut down yet again by Labor Day, some of the other bigger guys think we won't last until October before Schools are shut again.

It's going to be a fucking nightmare.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Typical Republican song and dance. The Republican senate will put forward some bill to extend benefits, but put some poison pills in there they know Democrats won't vote for and then begin the media push to blame Democrats for not wanting to help people. Then at the last second before it expires they will pass something

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Kasey Hunt was on tv a little bit ago saying that Turtle was pretty pissed that Pelosi much of the credit for the last round of stimulus and doesn't want that to happen this time. So I'm sure a GOP bill is inbound.

She also said Pelosi has a lot of leverage due to the awful position the GOP are in politically.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Holy crap is that truck thing real?

Talking up less regulations is just crazy tone deaf, because Democrats then just run on Republicans gutting clean air and water. This hasn't been a winning issue for them since the 1980s.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
POTUS:

Acyn Torabi @Acyn

Trump: So shower heads, you take a shower, the water doesn't come out. You wanna wash your hands, the water doesn't come out... Dishwashers you didn't have any water... In most places of the country, water is not a problem. They don't know what do with it. It's called rain

4:36 PM · Jul 16, 2020

Dan Zak @MrDanZak

Trump did the water-shower-rain tap dance in December.

Dan Zak @MrDanZak

Abridged version of Trump's monologue during a small-business roundtable at the White House this afternoon. Actual quotes.

LS3Ya1F.png

3:54 PM · Dec 6, 2019
5:48 PM · Jul 16, 2020

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

southpaw @nycsouthpaw

What's their legislative purpose?
New: Senate committee chaired by Ron Johnson is eyeing subpoenas for current and former advisers to Joe Biden, an escalation of GOP scrutiny of the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee and his family. W/@AndrewDesiderio
6:17 PM · Jul 16, 2020

www.politico.com

Senate Republicans eye subpoenas of Biden advisers in Burisma probe

A GOP-led committee is targeting Hunter Biden — just like Trump wants.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man do I hope Trump goes with Kudlow's payroll tax cut. What a tone-deaf move that would be a disaster for his campaign.

southpaw @nycsouthpaw

New: Senate committee chaired by Ron Johnson is eyeing subpoenas for current and former advisers to Joe Biden, an escalation of GOP scrutiny of the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee and his family. W/@AndrewDesiderio

www.politico.com

Doing this during a pandemic is peak stupidity. This is going to drive even more independents away.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
POTUS:

Acyn Torabi @Acyn

Trump: So shower heads, you take a shower, the water doesn't come out. You wanna wash your hands, the water doesn't come out... Dishwashers you didn't have any water... In most places of the country, water is not a problem. They don't know what do with it. It's called rain

Dan Zak @MrDanZak

Abridged version of Trump's monologue during a small-business roundtable at the White House this afternoon. Actual quotes.​
LS3Ya1F.png

Who are the idiots that are applauding.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
POTUS:

Acyn Torabi @Acyn

Dan Zak @MrDanZak

Abridged version of Trump's monologue during a small-business roundtable at the White House this afternoon. Actual quotes.​
LS3Ya1F.png

I have not once had to ever run my dishwasher twice.
And Trump has never used a dishwasher in his life.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

southpaw @nycsouthpaw

www.politico.com

Just going through the motions. No one gives a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.