• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In other news, not only is my +10 looking like reality my hopeful +15 might be possible.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

So, to recap today:
Monmouth: Biden +13 in PA
Quinnipiac: Biden + 15 nationally
NBC/WSJ: Biden +11 nationally

+ a whole bunch of online data showing similarly large margins for the former VP. It's no mystery why our election model is so bullish on Biden

Looks like Trump's terrible June is getting a sequel called Trump's horrible July.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Numbers look good, but I'm wondering where that 8 point increase for "Negative view" on Biden is coming from. Increasing frustration with governance in general due to COVID rolling on?

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I was expecting his polling to decrease as younger Hispanics became eligible to vote. Instead, it goes up. We need to get more minorites excited about politics and I know that's going to be really tough - especially seeing how broken the system really is.

I think groups that have their numbers largely made up of immigrants want to keep their heads down and try not to provoke others from targeting them. Black Americans are different because most of Black American families has been here since slavery. Black Americans were basically were outsiders in their own country and have to fight for a long time. Black Americans didn't assimilate into white communities. Later generation of Hispanics I think are more likely to assilmate into white communities

Hispanics don't see the same amount of support from politicians than AAs do because it really seems like issues about Hispanics, Asian, and Native Americans tend to take a back seat to issues that centered around racial issues concerning AAs. The only things the is focused on Hispanics is immigration, but Democrats hasn't focused enough on it this year. Bernie Sanders is one of the on politicians this cycle that focused on issues that has nothing to do with immigration that Hispanics cared about. Younger generations tend to particapate in activism more so than their parents.

Oct 28, 2017

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

NBC-WSJ poll: 50% of voters say there is no chance at all they would vote for Trump (37% for Biden). 52% of voters say they would be "very uncomfortable" voting for Trump (38% for Biden).

5:10 PM · Jul 15, 2020

Yeah that's Trump's problem. They've taken extreme polarisation to its logical conclusion and he didn't bother to offer anything positive unlike a lot of other far right leaders.

Sure you've got a lot of people who don't like Biden but you have more people who don't like you.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The bottom has not fallen out of this yet. People have not started getting mass evicted and we haven't had school outbreaks both of which will happen without a big course correction.

I expect the GOP to at least attempt to pass a stimulus because a +10 win or more will obliterate their senate chances

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that twitter just got breached this hard is absolutely wild given we're entering a general.
It's extraordinarily fortunate that they're not doing anything more than scamming people for easy cash.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that twitter just got breached this hard is absolutely wild given we're entering a general.
It's extraordinarily fortunate that they're not doing anything more than scamming people for easy cash.

Imagine the horror if someone gets access to Trump's Twitter and writes something like "FIRE THE NUKES" or some shit.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
It still blows my mind that after 4 years of evidence of how terrible Trump is that Biden, a left leaning moderate with a solid track record, "only" has around an 11 point lead. Partisanship, propaganda, and demonization of the left for decades is a powerful thing. Thankfully it doesn't seem enough this time.

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
Numbers look good, but I'm wondering where that 8 point increase for "Negative view" on Biden is coming from. Increasing frustration with governance in general due to COVID rolling on?
There was an article that ads about Biden is more effective than ads about Trump. It could be that Biden hasn't yet consolidated his support from select groups yet and Trump trying many ways to decrease Biden's approval. Biden's slient campaign could working in a sense of making him the better alternative, but people aren't liking Biden that much more because they don't see him as often as Trump and negative ads might be somewhat working. Over the past few weeks we do see Biden being much more active.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
If 2FA was bypassed, then somebody probably wasn't logging into those accounts and instead was intercepting the flow to make posts directly.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017

We're still in for some real shit.

Meanwhile, at the stock exchange

tenor.gif

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
That one is devastating. There's no way he does a 180 on this, right? He has never admitted he is wrong.

Those personal favorability ratings for Biden are a bad sign long term. If he's still 40 or below in two years the Dems will get killed in the mid-terms. I know we're all focused on November but the Dems need a strategy for not getting killed two years later and having half of Biden's term knee capped.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Kanye is on the ballot in Oklahoma:

Per Misha Mohr, the public affairs officer for the Oklahoma Board of Elections, a representative for Kanye West appeared at their offices to formally file to run for President in the past 45 minutes along with the necessary filing fee.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
Those personal favorability ratings for Biden are a bad sign long term. If he's still 40 or below in two years the Dems will get killed in the mid-terms. I know we're all focused on November but the Dems need a strategy for not getting killed two years later and having half of Biden's term knee capped.

Biden will have to cross that bridge when he gets to it, but it's going to have to take the Senate to get there. Getting out of the flaming hellscape that is 2020 and passing some reasonably popular legislation will help.

Obama was always much more personally popular, but it didn't do him a whole lot of good in midterms.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
That one is devastating. There's no way he does a 180 on this, right? He has never admitted he is wrong.

Never. Even if he's forced (there's no one left to talk him into anything) like with Charlottesville, he'll fuck it all up the next day. Narcissists will do anything to keep the false narrative they've created from breaking - even kill people. That's what the media doesn't get. He doesn't care how many people die.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
My interpretation of dewine speech.

Wear a fucking mask and social distance.

If not lockdow.

Ok, Ohio is locking down Friday night.

Got it.

This is basically the plan the german government went with to pre-emptively minimize pushback against lockdown and mask-wearing measures. Give people a weekend to prove they can't act responsibly voluntarily, then make acting responsibly mandatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.