• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Fauci knows deep down that a "reset" is never going to happen. We're set on this path.

How convenient.

Oct 25, 2017
When people look back on this time, a lot of people are going to get fucking dragged.

My conscience is fucking clear. I voted for Hillary and AOC and I knew Trump was going to be an unmitigated disaster. He's exceeded my expectations by a lot.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Biden needs to reach back 8 years and just straight Paul Ryan him. Show him for the joke that he is to everyone. Trump would probably storm off the stage

The reason Biden could do the "can you believe this friggin' guy" happy warrior act was because Ryan wasn't an incumbant who had 4 years to put his plans into practice. Trump may be a joke, but he's a joke whose pathologies and incompetence has cost countless lives and the point-and-laugh approach just wouldn't feel right for the moment. I expect him to be more solemn this time around, to match the current situation better.

This feels like it could be the secret sauce to the debates. Trump isn't just going to make jokes that don't land because no one's in the crowd, he's going to be visibly frustrated or bored at having no crowd to play to.

Trump will feel cornered when there's just two people in the room with him, one who openly disdains him and one who'll probably secretly disdain him. Without groupies to play off of, he'll get cranky and start sulking. There won't be another debate afterwards.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

Commence panicking!!!!! (It's Rasmussen, whom many said would do this to create a "Trump is surging! scenario)

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
When people look back on this time, a lot of people are going to get fucking dragged.

My conscience is fucking clear. I voted for Hillary and AOC and I knew Trump was going to be an unmitigated disaster. He's exceeded my expectations by a lot.

If this nightmare ends in January, I think that Trump will be remembered as what he was: an incompetent, unqualified racist propelled into office by the racist backlash against eight years of a black president. Half of this country spent 2008-2016 losing its fucking mind at Obama's very existence.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Ras as partisan as shit. Their numbers won't reflect reality until they massage them close to the mean in the last few polls before the election so they don't look as shit as they really are.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
If this nightmare ends in January, I think that Trump will be remembered as what he was: an incompetent, unqualified racist propelled into office by the racist backlash against eight years of a black president. Half of this country spent 2008-2016 losing its fucking mind at Obama's very existence.
I've been thinking about one thing.

Trump and Covid are intrinsically linked now. People want to move on from both.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking about one thing.

Trump and Covid are intrinsically linked now. People want to move on from both.

The reality show trick of bringing in a bunch of washed-up C-listers and rebranding your tired, sagging program as a "celebrity" version of itself doesn't work in real life, so he's all out of options.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Succinct.

Some older relative of mine hates Obama, I'm sure they voted for Trump but can't bring themselves to defend him, anyway a typical conversation re Obama is:

"Obama ruined everything."
"Like what?"
"Everything was worse."
"Such as, specifically?"
<crickets>

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The "President" is Instagraming GOYA.

Meanwhile, the CDC national map on hospital capacity is no longer working. Can't have any cases if you hide the data!

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Too be fair, it has been a very good week for trump.

I'm sure he greatly enjoyed snorting all that Adderal before his speech yesterday.

EDIT: What the fuck is point with all this bean shilling? The Trumps have to be taking bribes form this company now, right? Are they doing product placement now?

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure he greatly enjoyed snorting all that Adderal before his speech yesterday.

EDIT: What the fuck is point with all this bean shilling? The Trumps have to be taking bribes form this company now, right? Are they doing product placement now?

I'm not sure it's even gone that far. Trump is so desperate for any kind of approval that he's probably just basking in the support.

bigred50

Oct 31, 2017
COVID was probably the best thing to ever happen to Trump ... for his ego.
He was going to lose the election anyway, now he (and his supporters) can simply scream - for the remainder of his life - that the China virus caused him to lose, something no one could see coming, after building the best economy in the nation's history.

Isro

Oct 30, 2017
Felt like there is a sizable contingent of people that are just looking for any reason to vote for Trump again. The bar is so low that it will just be something akin to "He didn't shit himself visibly" and it will satisfy whatever remaining conscience they possessed.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
He was going to lose the election anyway, now he (and his supporters) can simply scream - for the remainder of his life - that the China virus caused him to lose, something no one could see coming, after building the best economy in the nation's history.
No doubt they will say that, but there are plenty of examples of leaders who've become more popular due to their management (or even mismanagement — hello Boris) of COVID. it will be hard to escape the reality that him botching the response is what doomed him.

Oct 30, 2017
Hypothetically, if Congressional Republicans were actually doing their jobs, what would be the consequences for the various Trumps violating the Hatch Act to shill Goya? Just a fine?

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
Felt like there is a sizable contingent of people that are just looking for any reason to vote for Trump again. The bar is so low that it will just be something akin to "He didn't shit himself visibly" and it will satisfy whatever remaining conscience they possessed.
I assume that many of these people either are Republicans or leaners, or they are mostly apolitical people that likes the personality of Trump and don't care for policy.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, you have to recognize the type of never-his-fault, Cartman-esque narcissist that Trump is. No matter the circumstances, he's never going to face the reality. If there wasn't a pandemic, it would be something else. He was already starting to lay the ground work for cries of a rigged election.

Hypothetically, if Congressional Republicans were actually doing their jobs, what would be the consequences for the various Trumps violating the Hatch Act to shill Goya? Just a fine?
In a world where the Justice Department was actually enforcing the Hatch Act, convictions for violating it can bring either up to a year in jail and/or a fine of up to $1000.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I had a 'shower thought' on the way back from a delivery. I really hope at least one newspaper runs a 'YOU'RE FIRED' headline the day after the election.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain

This is the case in any presidential election and why a ten point win is considered a landslide.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, DeWine has a press conference scheduled in Ohio for 5. What are the odds on it being some sort of shutdown of the state? I'm thinking it's just a mask mandate and maybe closing high risk areas.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
It's 100% guaranteed and I'm going to frame that shit on my wall.
Absolutely. That'll proudly hang on the wall in the living room at my house. I don't want to take anything for granted, but I think most of the country knows the only way we move past this terrifying, exhausting, disease ridden fuckpile of a year is to get rid of him.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
I'm telling you guys..we truly do not know how bad it can get for Trump. One, the overall situation is going to continue to deteriorate in the next 4-6 months- sports and schools getting cancelled, new lockdowns, and a rising death toll. Two, we literally have no idea what happens with a candidate actively does the opposite of what he needs to do to tighten the race.

Biden +14-15 is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.