• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Biden is going to clean Trump's clock in the debate. Trump is going to melt down and ramble nonsensically, and Biden's gonna be cool as a cucumber.

Trump's base and Rose Twitter are gonna insist that Trump either still did better and/or Biden got fed the debate questions ahead of time though.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I'd pay money to watch Biden say, "At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sticking with my months old prediction that if Biden comes to the first debate and is impressive, prepared, and competent with the media all agreeing afterwards that he won, Trump will not do another. He'll cry about the questions being rigged to make him look bad and refuse to debate again.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have any particular hopes pinned on the debates at this point, things were pretty baked in last time. I assume it'll be just as hard to budge people this time around as well. I assume Trump makes himself look the fool he already does in any live setting now and we keep rolling with the same situation.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I'd pay money to watch Biden say, "At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
You sooner get "That is a load of marlarkey Donnie"

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sticking with my months old prediction that if Biden comes to the first debate and is impressive, prepared, and competent with the media all agreeing afterwards that he won, Trump will not do another. He'll cry about the questions being rigged to make him look bad and refuse to debate again.

This is also a likely scenario. I also love how the Trump camp has set the bar so low for Biden, calling him a dementia patient, that Biden doesn't even have to do much. What a bunch of geniuses.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I also expect Trump to quadruple down on lying about Biden's policies instead of detailing any of his own, and I'm hoping Biden is prepared to bite back on that. Something to the effect of "Instead of lying about my policies, Donald, how about you talk about your own? Or could it be because you don't have any of your own to speak of?"

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I also expect Trump to quadruple down on lying about Biden's policies instead of detailing any of his own, and I'm hoping Biden is prepared to bite back on that. Something to the effect of "Instead of lying about my policies, Donald, how about you talk about your own? Or could it be because you don't have any of your own to speak of?"
That would be a way if he was coherent. That rally yesterday sounded like he was tripping balls

Oct 30, 2017
I still remember Trump complaining, at the debate, that the moderators were "being mean" to him for asking normal questions about policy. I imagine if he's in a state like he was yesterday, he'd spend most of his time attempting to berate the moderators for being Never-Trumper plants from the Deep State that are trying to sabotage his campaign.

Oct 29, 2017

This will absolutely be the case.

He canceled the NH rally last weekend because of a "bad storm", ceeeeertainly not because he's afraid of another Tulsa rally.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Is Barr talking about MS13 or Black Lives Matter? At this point, I don't think he sees a difference.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember Trump complaining, at the debate, that the moderators were "being mean" to him for asking normal questions about policy. I imagine if he's in a state like he was yesterday, he'd spend most of his time attempting to berate the moderators for being Never-Trumper plants from the Deep State that are trying to sabotage his campaign.
That's exactly what's going to happen. Just like yesterday when he was asked a basic question about cops killing black people he responded with his usual "what a nasty question" bullshit.

I expect plenty of that at the debate.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Biden needs to reach back 8 years and just straight Paul Ryan him. Show him for the joke that he is to everyone. Trump would probably storm off the stage

Oct 25, 2017

"...and what and Hunter? Where's Hunter, where is he?"
"Donald, the question was about the effects your tax cut and trade war had on middle class families."

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Biden needs to reach back 8 years and just straight Paul Ryan him. Show him for the joke that he is to everyone. Trump would probably storm off the stage

According to people who worked with him on The Apprentice, when Trump gets really angry, he frequently shits his pants. Many people are saying it's true. Is it? I don't know, but maybe we should look into it.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
AL democrats are on one, I kinda of respect it almost. Except for using the Washington Examiner

Absent

Oct 26, 2017

The Atlantic: You are the government's top health adviser, and the government you're trying to advise is actively trying to discredit you. How do you work like that?

Fauci: Well, that is a bit bizarre. I sit here and just shrug my shoulders and say, "Well, you know, that's life in the fast lane."

I think if you sit down and talk to the people who are involved in that list that came out, they are really, I think, taken aback by what a big mistake that was. I think if you talk to reasonable people in the White House, they realize that was a major mistake on their part, because it doesn't do anything but reflect poorly on them. And I don't think that that was their intention. I cannot figure out in my wildest dreams why they would want to do that. I think they realize now that that was not a prudent thing to do, because it's only reflecting negatively on them.

I can't explain Peter Navarro. He's in a world by himself. So I don't even want to go there.
The Atlantic: Given this experience, do you still want to work with the administration? Have you thought about resigning?

Fauci: No. I think the problem is too important for me to get into those kinds of thoughts and discussions. I just want to do my job. I'm really good at it. I think I can contribute. And I'm going to keep doing it.

The Atlantic: There's been some reporting that the Trump administration has tried to cut back on your TV interviews. Isn't it important at this moment for the nation and the world to hear from you?

Fauci: I can't make a comment on that, but I think you know what the answer to that is.

The Atlantic: How much worse do you expect the pandemic to get? How do we get back to a better place?

Fauci: By pushing a reset button, I don't mean everybody locking down again. We've got to call a time-out and say, "If you're going to open, we've got to get everybody on the same team." I'm not going to name any states—that's not helpful—but some states did, in fact, prematurely jump over some checkpoints.

Even though we are in the middle of a setback now—you can't deny that; look at the numbers, you're dealing with 40,000 to 60,000 infections in a day—it doesn't mean we're going to be defeated. But states that are in trouble right now, if those states pause and say, "Okay, we're going to do it right, everyone wear a mask, bars closed, no congregating in crowds, keep your distance, protect the vulnerable"—if we do that for a few weeks in a row, I'll guarantee you those numbers will come down.
Life in the fast lane indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.