• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Trump really is just flailing. He's trying to run as if he isn't President right now.
Yep. Every national TV ad I've seen of his is essentially portraying the country as a shithole that's falling apart and that he can save. The country that he has overseen for 4 years and is running on "Keeping Great."

He is running as though he needs to come in and clean up a mess of someone else's making.

Oct 30, 2017
Heard NPR this morning actually called out Trump's speech yesterday as being a shameless attempt at a rally speech and that most of it was either hard to follow or made no sense. That's some harsh rhetoric from them. They're still trying to treat him like a normal person though, which drives me nuts, but it's nice to hear them actually calling it what it was.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how much the "culture war" has flipped in the past 4 years, seemingly most of it happening in the past few months. And bizarre that the Trump campaign is still acting like it's the same as 4 years ago. Like how stubborn and dumb do you have to be? Rhetorical question of course.

I really hope these polls hold out. I know their could be a big fallout in those 2.5 months to inauguration, but seeing that kind of a drubbing on election night would bring me some serious elation.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Really ? I flew into Dallas/Fort Worth once for a conference and remember it being on every TV in the hotel I stayed in and in a lot of the diners

Yes, really. Fox News and its influence is vastly overstated. I think their prime time shows are over 1 to 2 million but it's nowhere anywhere close to 40% of the country.

40% of the country (and something like 70% of households) watches the Superbowl. That should give you an idea of how ludicrously high that number would have to be.

AM talk radio on the other hand is drastically understated. Conservative trolls like Hannity, Rush, and Levin rack up 10 to 15 million listeners a week which blows the doors off the fox News viewership.

C'mon. Actual number of Americans watching Fox is something like 1 to 2% of the population.
The highest viewership they've had is still under two million.
Hence "and the like". The conservative media ecosystem functionally makes sure that most of the Republican base doesn't trust non-partisan news sources.

The DSCC is taking a stab at getting Kobach the GOP Senate nomination in Kansas:

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe that R vote, holy shit, that would be catastrophic for Trump
Most of the country is focused on the virus. His ads like what another post stated is fear mongering , but nobody is buying it. In 2016, he manged to tap into something, but he is doing the exact opposite.

He is running a shit campaign that is cratered around his delusions.

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes, really. Fox News and its influence is vastly overstated. I think their prime time shows are over 1 to 2 million but it's nowhere anywhere close to 40% of the country.

40% of the country (and something like 70% of households) watches the Superbowl. That should give you an idea of how ludicrously high that number would have to be.

AM talk radio on the other hand is drastically understated. Conservative trolls like Hannity, Rush, and Levin rack up 10 to 15 million listeners a week which blows the doors off the fox News viewership.
I'm not sure if this ends up being better or worse in that case ... not really familiar with AM radio / thought Hannity had a tv show on Fox

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Don Jr. thinks his druggie dad can take Biden in the debates. This is after that demented scene in the Rose Garden yesterday. LOL
Trump is not going to debate Biden.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Ec-nnfkX0AAYFtN
Ec-nnfkWoAEagIB

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Trump admin knocked funding for public radio funding ages ago iirc. I assume a lot of states are just conservative AM through rural areas and not much else aside from scattered music.

Also all this aside, the fact that we have places like Huntington Beach here in CA ready to let their kids back into schools without any precaution is fucking wild. I expect the first story of a hospitalized child will send the nation into a tailspin of panic if it ever comes to that. I don't see how these people even risk that awful of a story playing out.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
remember when Don Jr. thought he was being alpha when he challenged Hunter to a debate on the subject of "which one of us benefited less financially from their dad"

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Heard NPR this morning actually called out Trump's speech yesterday as being a shameless attempt at a rally speech and that most of it was either hard to follow or made no sense. That's some harsh rhetoric from them. They're still trying to treat him like a normal person though, which drives me nuts, but it's nice to hear them actually calling it what it was.

The media has been trying to normalize him since the 80's, and they'll still be waiting for him to act Presidential when he's booted out the door in January.
He's incapable of acting like a human because he's not wired right, and it's incredible that they still refuse to acknowledge his personality disorders. They should have treated him like the sociopathic monster he is a long time ago.
"Jeffrey Dahmer is a really charming person when he's not eating people."

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
He HAS to debate biden. It's his only chance to change the race at this point.

There is ZERO chance a debate doesnt happen.

I can't wait for the media to sanitize and edit his inevitable word salad into what they think he's saying.
I wonder if he'll try to loom behind Biden like he did Clinton? Just kidding. He's a coward.
Maybe he'll challenge Biden to a glass of water contest.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for the media to sanitize and edit his inevitable word salad into what they think he's saying.
I wonder if he'll try to loom behind Biden like he did Clinton? Just kidding. He's a coward.
Maybe he'll challenge Biden to a glass of water contest.
The debates are going to be a shit show. I'm expecting him to ramble like he did yesterday. He may be mostly cognitive for the first 20min or so but so quickly hes going to devolve.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's bluffing or false confidence either when Trump and his supporters gleefully say "just wait until the debates."

They genuinely do believe Trump will dismantle and own senile, dementia having Sleepy Joe. And they believe that'll be the big turning point.

Boy, are they in for a rude awakening.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Don Jr. thinks his druggie dad can take Biden in the debates. This is after that demented scene in the Rose Garden yesterday. LOL
Trump is not going to debate Biden.
He will debate Biden. They will show him moments where Biden is stuttering or deep fake stuff and tell him he defeated the reigning debate champion Hillary so Biden is nothing.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The debates are going to be a shit show. I'm expecting him to ramble like he did yesterday. He may be mostly cognitive for the first 20min or so but so quickly hes going to devolve.

Someone shuld start a rumor that pooping his pants on live TV has never been done before and the ratings would be off the charts.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I don't think it's bluffing or false confidence either when Trump and his supporters gleefully say "just wait until the debates."

They genuinely do believe Trump will dismantle and own senile, dementia having Sleepy Joe. And they believe that'll be the big turning point.

Trump thinks he's the best at debates.

He won't take kindly to anyone trying to tell him otherwise.

The debates are happening and its not going to be good for them.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
He was so high yesterday, I honestly don't see him making any debates. He slurs, sweats, hangs on the podium, and can't complete a thought or sentence. He can't even keep track of what he's trying to answer. The only thing he can do is read (barely) from a teleprompter or notes, and stumble through his 2016 rally speech. He was even pausing for applause in the usual spots. He's deteriorating fast.

Oct 26, 2017

Thing is, I don't think Biden should show up to any.

There's no debate about this.

Trump is a traitorous sycophant who has killed hundreds of thousands of Americans.

This isn't a debate.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
The CDC being stripped of its power regarding hospital data should be a news item that spawns months of coverage but it will be forgotten tomorrow.

It won't even be mentioned when 2 weeks from now we start hearing how "great" conditions are in every state.
Wait, are hospitals actually complying with this? I thought that the WH asked but they can still send the data to the CDC if they wanted to.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think a debate matters at this point. You can't debate him on policy so he's just gonna be yelling and screaming about China and Democrats and probably try to do something obnoxious like cough on Biden. I still think Trump will refuse to debate though.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Trump melts down and implodes from questions asked in the most softball manor by Fox News hosts. Imagine how he's going to react on a debate stage with tens of millions watching once a moderator asks him a tough question.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Trump melts down and implodes from questions asked in the most softball manor by Fox News hosts. Imagine how he's going to react on a debate stage with tens of millions watching once a moderator asks him a tough question.

That's what I'm saying. He can't even answer softball questions from Hannity.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He'll just do what he always does, ramble and not answer. Without followup questions, he'll be fine.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden needs to have a "I was just waiting for you to actually answer the question" response polished and ready.

Would be an easy body blow. And we all know it's going to happen where Trump just stumbles around a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.