• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
For Royce West to catch up, he'll need to continue running up the margin in Dallas and Tarrant Counties with the remaining votes, as well as increase his margin in Harris County, because he's pretty much tied there, and 50% is still to report. He seems to be doing well in the eastern part of Texas, but MJ Hegar is doing well in El Paso, San Antonio and Austin, where not all the votes are counted yet either.

At least one Sessions may come out tonight a winner...

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The wheels have fallen off.

I just took this picture outside my house.

CC4MnzO.jpg

Chilling.

Oct 28, 2017
Did Jeff Sessions achieve anything as DoJ head? It feels like he achieved nothing except get fired.

To be fair that's basically the whole Trump administration beyond stacking the courts: did nothing, made some people lose their jobs.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
For Royce West to catch up, he'll need to continue running up the margin in Dallas and Tarrant Counties with the remaining votes, as well as increase his margin in Harris County, because he's pretty much tied there, and 50% is still to report. He seems to be doing well in the eastern part of Texas, but MJ Hegar is doing well in El Paso, San Antonio and Austin, where not all the votes are counted yet either.

At least one Sessions may come out tonight a winner...
Voted for MJ in the primary and West in the runoff in the DFW area today. Really don't know what to think either way as far as either chances vs Cornyn.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Voted for MJ in the primary and West in the runoff in the DFW area today. Really don't know what to think either way as far as either chances vs Cornyn.
Seems like West is somewhat more progressive. Shocked to see Hegar have such a big lead at this point because most seem to want West to win here in TX.
Was Sessions still DoJ head during the family separation crisis? Jesus Christ this administration does so much shit that it's impossible to keep a timeline.
Yep. He did some evil shit while leading DOJ. He just wasn't blatantly corrupt like Barr

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Seems like West is somewhat more progressive. Shocked to see Hegar have such a big lead at this point because most seem to want West to win here in TX.

Yep. He did some evil shit while leading DOJ. He just wasn't blatantly corrupt like Barr
Hegar has had money behind her and has been much more visible. That's probably the difference.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
I think they're polling about the same against Cornyn. It's an uphill battle. If the presidential race gets more competitive, I think it could potentially boost whoever wins the primarys' chances of beating Cornyn, but there are no guarantees. Beto doing well in the senate race against Cruz didn't help the democrat in the governor race for example.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I think they're polling about the same against Cornyn. It's an uphill battle. If the presidential race gets more competitive, I think it could potentially boost whoever wins the primarys' chances of beating Cornyn, but there are no guarantees. Beto doing well in the senate race against Cruz didn't help the democrat in the governor race for example.
True. She was uniquely bad though.
I wonder what the law against straight ballot voting will do.

Definitely the first time she's been around anything Goya in her life.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
All 10 conservatives that buy Goya are going to really eat that tweet up.

Maaaybbeee Cubans won't roll their eyes.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
As Ivanka sees her possibility of becoming the first female President slipping away, she sits alone in Trump Manor, pondering what her next move will be.

"Beans father, I will sell beans."

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Have the pandemic and the George Floyd protests sunk any chance of Ivanka becoming president?

She was at the now infamous Church photo shoot, hell the Bible came out of the $10k purse she had on her shoulder. She's been largely completely silent as 130k+ Americans have died and she's only broken her silence to shill black beans.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Have the pandemic and the George Floyd protests sunk any chance of Ivanka becoming president?

She was at the now infamous Church photo shoot, hell the Bible came out of the $10k purse she had on her shoulder. She's been largely completely silent as 130k+ Americans have died and she's only broken her silence to shill black beans.
The fact she is a void of personalty sinks her before anything

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017

They are living in a different reality than the rest of us

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
The fact she is a void of personalty sinks her before anything

I used to think that Ivanka had a really good chance, but it's Trump insane personality that attracts his cult that his kids can't replicate. That's decades of snorting uppers and never feeling the repercussions of his actions. While the latter might be true for Ivanka, the former isn't.

Oct 28, 2017
Ivanka is too stupid to become president. Same goes for all of Trump's kids, they're all dim witted individuals who would probably be the Always Sunny crew if they didn't inherit Trump's wealth and connections. Listen to Ivanka talk in any interview, she is the most vapid and boring person imaginable.

Trump's stupid but he's completely shameless and knows how to work a crowd.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I used to think that Ivanka had a really good chance, but it's Trump insane personality that attracts his cult that his kids can't replicate. That's decades of snorting uppers and never feeling the repercussions of his actions. While the latter might be true for Ivanka, the former isn't.
Don Jr tries, boy does he try.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Ivanka should be gone. There is no nuance here - she violated ethics laws for executive branch employees. If I was a competitor of Goya I would be raising hell about why tax dollars are being used to pay the salary of someone who was boosting their products.

Oct 28, 2017
Do you think he realizes that this means kids are getting slaughtered in his America?

Democratic governors control those cities, it's not his problem. He isn't Mayor of Chicago.

It's dumb as hell but the mental gymnastics required isn't that hard. Of course when you ask them why Biden would be responsible for it if Trump isn't responsible for it right now, they just ignore you.

The whole conservative philosophy at this point isn't even minimal government intervention, it's to do everything to not admit have to admit fault.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Democratic governors control those cities, it's not his problem. He isn't Mayor of Chicago.

It's dumb as hell but the mental gymnastics required isn't that hard. Of course when you ask them why Biden would be responsible for it if Trump isn't responsible for it right now, they just ignore you.

The whole conservative philosophy at this point isn't even minimal government intervention, it's to do everything to not admit have to admit fault.

^ this. It's how you get Trump going off about having ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY but also bitching about how Democrat run liberal cities are hellscapes of illegal immigrants and gang violence. It's like we're the Holy Roman Empire, but even more dysfunctional.

Status
Not open for further replies.