• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I have to believe that poll from yesterday showing Klanye siphoning votes from Trump and not Biden has clued the Trump camp into just how fucked they are. The typical GOP distractions and tricks won't work in a climate like this.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well... THAT was some nonsense.

We have a massive pandemic going on with record-high infections and deaths, catastrophic economic upheaval, millions unemployed, states shutting down, civil unrest the likes of which we haven't seen in a generation....

... And he was ranting about corn, lobsters, statues, and how unfair the media is.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Well... THAT was some nonsense.

We have a massive pandemic going on with record-high infections and deaths, catastrophic economic upheaval, millions unemployed, states shutting down, civil unrest the likes of which we haven't seen in a generation....

... And he was ranting about corn, lobsters, statues, and how unfair the media is.

He isn't built to deal with a crisis of this magnitude. He could bullshit a whole bunch of other shit especially if it was temporary but a long and sustained crisis? He can't do it. Doesn't want to deal with the work. Doesn't know how to handle it. Doesn't give a fuck either.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Next time the NRCC calls my house, I'm going to tell them this lifelong Dem is voting for Trump cuz he won't take my windows.

Last edited:

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Carl Quintanilla @carlquintanilla

Limbaugh went from "it's the common cold, folks" to the-Donner-party-never-complained .. in five months.

pPUJ5fK.png

e8S2xAn.png

4:55 PM · Jul 14, 2020

Media Matters @mmfa

Medal of Freedom recipient Rush Limbaugh: Americans should "adapt" to coronavirus, like pioneers who "had to turn to cannibalism" https://mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/rush-limbaugh-americans-should-adapt-coronavirus-famous-pioneers-who-had-turn

4:05 PM · Jul 14, 2020

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Aaron Blake @AaronBlake

Kansas Congressman Steve Watkins (R) charged with 3 felonies, including:

-Voting without being qualified
-Unlawful advance voting

6:58 PM · Jul 14, 2020

www.ksnt.com

3 felony criminal charges filed against Steve Watkins

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Shawnee County District Attorney Mike Kagay announced Tuesday he’s filed criminal charges against Kansas Rep. Steve Watkins. This follows an investigation by the S…

Watkins is charged with three felonies and a misdemeanor that relate to the 2019 local election:
  • Interference with law enforcement, providing false information
  • Voting without being qualified
  • Unlawful advance voting
  • Failing to notify the DMV of change of address

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017

Carl Quintanilla @carlquintanilla

Limbaugh went from "it's the common cold, folks" to the-Donner-party-never-complained .. in five months.

pPUJ5fK.png

e8S2xAn.png

4:55 PM · Jul 14, 2020

Media Matters @mmfa

Medal of Freedom recipient Rush Limbaugh: Americans should "adapt" to coronavirus, like pioneers who "had to turn to cannibalism" https://mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/rush-limbaugh-americans-should-adapt-coronavirus-famous-pioneers-who-had-turn

4:05 PM · Jul 14, 2020

If Presidential pardons can be rescinded, can we also take back medals of freedom?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Idk its a poll of texas so those results don't seem out of the realm of possibility. Gravis isn't great, but not absolutely garbage either (C rating according to 538 with a slight D lean)

Gravis came out today (?) and basically said that OAN had been cherry picking the surveys Gravis had been sending to them- ONLY publishing the ones that were favorable to trump.

So Gravis isn't garbage, but a garbage media network has been curating their content to be favorable to Trump.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Keep in mind: All Americans really care about right now is the coronavirus and getting jobs.

He did nothing to address those.

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017
Gravis came out today (?) and basically said that OAN had been cherry picking the surveys Gravis had been sending to them- ONLY publishing the ones that were favorable to trump.

So Gravis isn't garbage, but a garbage media network has been curating their content to be favorable to Trump.
Oh yeah totally OAN is garbage but the polls they are choosing to release shouldn't be dismissed outright

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017
^ not disputing that! Up in the thread though people were dismissing the poll. I think its likely fairly accurate, based on other recent texas polls

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Oh yeah totally OAN is garbage but the polls they are choosing to release shouldn't be dismissed outright

I never said to dismiss it outright- but it can be assumed given what Gravis has straight up said that OAN is doing, that OAN is sitting on other polls that are worse for Trump than this one and simply failing to publish them.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's campaign/presidency has the same arc as Daniel Day Lewis in There will be blood. By the end he'll be calling Tucker Carlson a bastard in a basket and beating Sean Hannity with a bowling pin.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I am annoyed by pundit people, Cooper does a prettttty good job just torching trump.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think low turnout means much. Both candidates are terrible for different reasons

one is a Trump traitor, the other is a scandal ridden coach who Alabama fans might not want to go out and vote for.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Betcha this is Joni Ernst. Maybe Tillis? But probably Ernst.

I dont think low turnout means much. Both candidates are terrible for different reasons

one is a Trump traitor, the other is a scandal ridden coach who Alabama fans might not want to go out and vote for.
It's meaningful in that it shows a shift that we've seen in recent years. 2017 and 2018 had Republicans flying out to the polls in record numbers to protect their cult leader; they just lost due to Democrats out numbering them and being motivated. What that lady seems to be indicating is that that influence seems to be waning. Which is no bueno for team Trump and the GOP.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Warren would have gotten savaged much like Hillary. Not to the same extent, but this wasn't the time to take chances.
This type of thinking just really rubs me the wrong way. It's a self fulfilling prophecy that has lead us down this path of 44 of our 45 presidents being white cis men. It's never gonna be the "right time" for minorities and women to break the glass ceiling and it's NEVER gonna happen if we keep thinking that there is a right moment for it. Even against this corrupt, fascist, trash fire of an administration it's a tragedy that gender and race plays such a huge role in the selection of our nominee.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Do you all think without corona and George Floyd protests, Trump would be just a point or two behind Biden?

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's only like 4,000 votes total so far in the Republican Alabama Senate primary. What was the total from the special in 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.