• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
It certainly doesn't help, Stone is like a real life Law & Order villain, he goes out of his way to make himself look as sleazy as possible. There's a reason he's doing this on a friday night news dump and not in the middle of the week defending it.

But as a previous tweet mentioned, if he's pardoning these people before the election, imagine who he's going to pardon after the election.
I don't think there are that many big names he'd even care about pardoning at that point unless it's part of a deal with Russia in exchange for sanctuary.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
The interesting one will be if Trump tries to pardon himself before leaving office, nothing else would really be shocking to me.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
Over 70,000 new coronavirus cases today, and this is what the administration is fixated on -- public opinion is pretty much set.

It's rather more curious why Lindsey feels the need to show up at the 11th hour and justify a commutation in front of God and Country like that for lil' ol Roger.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

February 22, 2020, The Economist/YouGov poll: Do you think Donald Trump should or should not pardon Roger Stone?
Should pardon: 18%
Should not pardon: **53%**
Let's not make this into a question of political strategy, ok? It's clear what side the public is on.
Stone told Trump in advance abt Wikileaks dumps and lied to Congress to cover for him. And he's now made it known he could flip on Trump. Only one explanation for this blatant corruption makes any sense: Trump has given up on reelection and is just trying to save his own hide.

Pretty much my take on it all.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I think Stone gave Trump no choice, if I get sent to jail, I turn. Trump did what he did to save his ass, no matter how bad it is politically

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do people really know who Roger Stone is? I know he's been around for a while.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
With Trump going full Arkham Asylum to win the election, I can only imagine whatever balls to the walls illegality that will transpire will be enough to land (our poor, mistreated, first time offender) Stone in hot water again, if there's any law left to uphold after this is all done.

Oct 28, 2017
Outside of actual rigging of the elections - which would mean the end of the United States of America - I don't think any of this resonates with anyone. Coronavirus is still killing everything and they're not doing anything to stop it.

That's like 30% not saying either way.

People who don't follow politics don't really know or care about Roger Stone. We're all freaks who follow this stuff but a lot of people might have seen or heard of it like two times in total.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
In the next 2-3 weeks coronivirus deaths are really going to start spiking again and Trump's support will keep falling. Its going to be late July and we'll see 1.5-2k deaths a day and the likelihood of schools and sports will go down every day.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
As if I needed any reason more to hate Dinesh D'Souza, he apparently retweeted my mayor's condemnation of an "all lives matter" traffic sign and got hordes of maga bots on him. disgusting.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
How long does Fauci have? I predict next friday night

Man, if trump fires the most trusted person in America on the pandemic it will be akin to shooting a whole kneecap off willingly. It's all bets are off on how low his approvals will be. On how massive of a lead Biden will gain.

But its trump, so it's going to happen.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Man, if trump fires the most trusted person in America on the pandemic it will be akin to shooting a whole kneecap off willingly. It's all bets are off on how low his approvals will be. On how massive of a lead Biden will gain.

But its trump, so it's going to happen.
Yeah. At the rate this is going, Trumpo is probably itching to fire Dr. Fauci for making him look bad. And he probably won't care. Trump seems resigned to losing the reelection.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Trump is just breaking everything and getting ready to flee the country, isn't he?

mission-accomplished-made-on-imqur-mission-accomplished-32262202.png

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Trump doing an unconstitutional power grab to distract from an abuse of power in freeing a friend who lied to Congress and had dirt on him, while he heads off to golf again during a pandemic he ignored which has killed 132,000 Americans.

Just another MAGA Friday.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If trump loses in November, do the bots stop pumping up his tweets? I'd love to see him get ratio'd on the regular.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damn now Cruz is correcting him in public? What must they be saying in private

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If trump loses in November, do the bots stop pumping up his tweets? I'd love to see him get ratio'd on the regular.

If Trump loses in November, it'll be interesting to see if he finally gets banned from the platform altogether. The excuse they've given up to this point as to why he hasn't been banned - despite his seemingly endless list of blatant violations of their TOS - is that he's basically immune from their rules because he's the President, and therefore his Tweets are inherently important. Regardless of how racist, misogynistic, inflammatory, or xenophobic they are.

Now, the actual reason he hasn't been banned is because he almost single-handedly saved Twitter from irrelevance and is worth far too much traffic and money to them. But they'll no longer have their bullshit excuse for not ditching him once he's a private citizen again.

And you know if he loses in November the dude is just gonna let lose with a tweet-storm to end all tweet-storms. His inevitable meltdown in the aftermath of a loss in the general election is gonna be a sight to behold.

Last edited:

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I knew there were corrupt intentions behind this move by Barr earlier and this explains it. He will shut down the investigation into Trump's inauguration committee

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's a well supported hypothesis. Older Millennials will remember the first Bush, too. That's not the best track record.

The older Bush had a ton of bad policies, but I think to Hayes' point, he at least had a functioning government.

Dubya and Trump (and the party following them) have shown much less ability to do so. The nuts and bolts of their administrations will be remembered as corrupted, incompetent, know-nothings.

To make up an example, I'd expect even GOP presidents to competently plan and carry out a simple event without any bad soundbites, catastrophes, or incompetence. Just a plain old event. Trump can't even do that right.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
I think Trump makes GW look like a political genius.

that's how bad Trump is.

People really need to stop thinking this race is going to tighten. We are 2.5 weeks away from tens of millions of people beginning the process of losing EVERYTHING once the UI boost is gone. Coronavirus is getting worse. Some real shit is going to start to happen in August coupled with more and more states dealing with outbreaks.

Leading up to the election is going to be like April/May in the northeast, but this time spread everywhere in the south.

Oct 28, 2017
I'd had assumed that people would look at New York and use them as the sacrificial lamb to learn and develop strategy to halt the spread of coronavirus. The South apparently thinks New York is located in China and didn't think it would spread.

Abbott is starting to do something. But DeSantis is still doing absolutely nothing, don't know what is in that guy's head but apparently he bought into the idea that Florida weather destroys coronavirus like a lot of conservatives did. Maybe it might come true but I'm not betting on it lmao.

Only way it's going to tighten is if the economy improves. And with Texas looking increasingly likely to enter an actual economic shutdown because coronavirus is getting so out of control, there's no hope of a sharp recovery.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Manchin, Jones and Sinema need to take the lead on hammering Barr since they all voted to confirm him.

Then we can attack all the GOP Senators that stand by their votes confirming him.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Mittens:

Mitt Romney @MittRomney

Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president.

9:06 AM · Jul 11, 2020

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Roger Stone was targeted by an illegal Witch Hunt that never should have taken place. It is the other side that are criminals, including Biden and Obama, who spied on my campaign - AND GOT CAUGHT!

8:24 AM · Jul 11, 2020

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's weird how real this shit actually is. I don't even live in the US but I had a post on Facebook that was an article on Hillary wondering about running again (with a puke emoji) or some bs three years ago and weird fake accounts of people I'm not friends with somehow like the post like once a week ... and then the accounts and the likes disappear. My profile is private so I really don't understand how it happens

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Weekly dose of Chaos Legion pessimism

www.politico.com

Trump gets some good election news: GOP voter registrations outpace Dems

A slowdown in adding new voters to the rolls during the pandemic has played to Republicans' advantage.

Late last month, the Democratic data firm TargetSmart found that while new voter registrations had plummeted amid the coronavirus pandemic, those who wereregistering in competitive states tended to be whiter, older and less Democratic than before.

Before the coronavirus, said Tori Taylor, co-executive director of the grassroots Democratic group Swing Left, "we were seeing spikes in voter registration that really pointed to a strong spring and summer."

But by March, she said, "We really felt the decline across the country."

Because overall registration numbers have been so low across the board during the pandemic, Republican gains during that period have been too small in most cases to make up for months of pre-pandemic Democratic advances. Tom Bonier, TargetSmart's CEO, compared the registration shift to a footrace that was suddenly forced into slow motion. During that time, Republicans, though still behind, "got a couple of extra steps" closer to Democrats.

"It's not like they've built the lead," Bonier said. "It's really something where neither side should be celebrating or panicking about."

But the coronavirus has disrupted Republicans' registration efforts as well, by depriving Trump until recently of the massive campaign rallies that Republicans have relied on as a source of new registrants.

Rob Stutzman, a Republican political strategist who has long been critical of Trump, said it is possible that there are more base voters for Trump "who are going to come up through the floorboards" and register this year.

But "if they don't have them registered by now, I'm skeptical that they exist," he said.

Another prominent Republican strategist involved in voter registration efforts described the Republican Party's work in the area as lagging behind. The TargetSmart report, the person said, suggested that Republicans had an opening they failed to fully exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.