• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
He's never going to suddenly get good at this.

We have the most new cases ever, and he decides it's a great time to threaten to pull funding from schools that don't think its safe to reopen. And to brow beat the CDC to loosen their guidelines for safely returning children to school.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
It's far more than lobbyists that are the problem with Climate. Humans are stupid and can't be fucked to be slightly inconvenienced even when lives are on the line

Look at what the government asking people to wear pieces of cloth over their face during a global pandemic has turned into. Now imagine how people will respond to basically any of the kinds of changes in life any serious climate change plan that has any hope of doing anything

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
He's never going to suddenly get good at this.

We have the most new cases ever, and he decides it's a great time to threaten to pull funding from schools that don't think its safe to reopen. And to brow beat the CDC to loosen their guidelines for safely returning children to school.

right. people say the race will tighten..frankly, I can see it expanding. Trump's handling of the virus is just getting worse, and a lot of the economic impact is going to be felt in the fall.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone says how great the Project Lincoln ads are, but Meidas Touch are also putting out some great ads and backed by Dems

Here's another group that did a video game one(targeted at Era? lol)

pooptest

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone says how great the Project Lincoln ads are, but Meidas Touch are also putting out some great ads and backed by Dems

Wow, 1.6M views in less than 3 hours. That's fantastic.

Let's hope it changes some minds. These anti-Trump ads are amazing. I'm curious how much he's boiling up inside because of them.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, 1.6M views in less than 3 hours. That's fantastic.

Let's hope it changes some minds. These anti-Trump ads are amazing. I'm curious how much he's boiling up inside because of them.
I think the key is that Trump attack ads before tended to lionize him in a way. "He's this great big monster that's going to wreck everything."

These new attack ads are much better at capturing the reality: He's wrecking everything cause he's a baby with soiled diapers thrashing about.

Oct 27, 2017
Althought if I had written those TLP ads

It would just be System of a Down/RATM song lyrics with all those people's names and full on demonic hatred voice

which I can totally do, it kills my throat though.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Wait until football gets cancelled while soccer continues to be played in europe because they didn't have dumbass republicans leading a stupid culture war about masks and screaming for hair cuts.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
TLP doing good work, Dems need to learn from this type of marketing

They've been remarkably consistent in terms of quality and focus, and their cadence has been relentless. They are producing content that the Biden campaign or Democrat Superpacs themselves are unlikely to produce. How helpful that ends up being remains to be seen, but I'd be surprised if they didn't produce at least a couple of videos that manage to go really viral between now and the election.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Sahil Kapur @sahilkapur

At a virtual fundraiser, Joe Biden says he's "going to be campaigning in" NC, GA, FL, TX, "and other states where we can win back the Senate"—that Trump won in 2016 and "that I'm beating him in. It doesn't mean it's going to stay that way but it means it's competitive." Via pool.

9:34 PM · Jul 8, 2020

Hannity getting desperate:

(((Yair Rosenberg))) @Yair_Rosenberg

The fact that Biden doesn't speak internet jargon and talks like a typical middle-aged or senior voter is a feature, not a bug, not unlike his ability to get people like Sean Hannity tweeting out what are effectively campaign ads for him.
Biden Uses the Word Woke Incorrectly, Says Everybody's Been 'Woked'​
7:31 PM · Jul 8, 2020

Last edited:

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because its amusing

Its like watching monkeys fling poo at other monkeys.

They aren't allies, they might align in the hatred of Trump but they don't share our ideals. Its a sign their party is fracturing at the worst time.
There's nothing amusing about posting ads made by people who may shit like this

Like it might be funny to you but
Let's be real. They've consistently and expertly attack Trump where it matters. They aren't our friends but they are in this fight against Trumpism.
They are white supremacist dude

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I don't understand team Biden's hatred of pot. It's largely a popular position to legalize it, makes no sense to me.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wonder if this helps push Royce past Hegar for the win

I don't understand team Biden's hatred of pot. It's largely a popular position to legalize it, makes no sense to me.

WTF man, this is supposed to be the Presidency we legalize marijuana. Wonder if he would sign it if it moves through the House/Senate.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018

Probably because it's inevitable.. No real reason to focus heavily on it because it's just going to end up happening organically.

And he most definitely won't oppose its legalization.

Last edited:

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
The only people that are bothered by The Lincoln Project are Republicans and bad faith posters lmao. Nobody here cares at all about them. Let them tear down Trump. Other than that, don't give them a platform and once they're done being useful, they can go away forever. Of course, if the party you're stanning for could get hurt by those ads, it's obvious why you'd try to bury them.

"Hey our enemy is at war with itself. What should we do?"
"Well, hell, take out the ones starting the in-fighting!"

Master class strategy here. Truly in awe.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

Wonder if this helps push Royce past Hegar for the win

WTF man, this is supposed to be the Presidency we legalize marijuana. Wonder if he would sign it if it moves through the House/Senate.

Biden has said he wants to decriminalize it, and open it up to more research. That's the starting point.
But he's not going to oppose legalization in the long run given that's where the position of the electorate overwhelmingly is.

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be real. They've consistently and expertly attack Trump where it matters. They aren't our friends but they are in this fight against Trumpism.

They're not in the same fight, people are just hoping they track parallel every day until the election. Their individual track records say otherwise, though. If they believe themselves to be influential, they will continue making ads after the election, against a new congress, administration, and president.

The people in the lincoln project are also lifelong political people. They won't just "go away forever" after the election.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
He's winning seniors. It didn't make sense for Hillary to not go there considering she needed the college crowd desperately but Biden actually has voters he can scare off
This.

He knows the states are already moving toward it. He's done well attracting senior voters and this is just another part of that.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
It always annoyed me Bernie cared so much about referencing Norway or where the fuck ever instead of the Roosevelt's, Truman, and other past American politicians people actually and think positively about

Like it gives the gop really nothing to go on like saying "we should be like this non American country" does

Like "oh no Bernie wants to move the party closer to FDR" isn't exactly a good attack. I get his brand was that the US didn't have a true left etc, but I think binging back some ideas we stopped using would have been more effective at easing people into his platform than obsessing over Scandinavia did

Last edited:

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
The people in the lincoln project are also lifelong political people. They won't just "go away forever" after the election.
Just as an aside, I didn't mean they would voluntarily go away forever. I meant that nobody on here should care at all about them. I can't imagine anyone active politically on this board actually being interested at all in their "platform". Laughing at how their ads are probably enraging Trump doesn't mean there's a risk of posters here becoming more Conservative.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
They're not in the same fight, people are just hoping they track parallel every day until the election. Their individual track records say otherwise, though. If they believe themselves to be influential, they will continue making ads after the election, against a new congress, administration, and president.

Ok, and?

Right now there's a very immediate threat we're trying to deal with and they're playing a part to put an end to it as well. Let's worry about what happens after, after.

Oct 25, 2017
It's far more than lobbyists that are the problem with Climate. Humans are stupid and can't be fucked to be slightly inconvenienced even when lives are on the line

Look at what the government asking people to wear pieces of cloth over their face during a global pandemic has turned into. Now imagine how people will respond to basically any of the kinds of changes in life any serious climate change plan that has any hope of doing anything

While I don't necessarily agree, the good thing about climate policy is that you don't need to rely on individuals making the right choices... because it's far easier to compel them to do so than it is to get them to wear a mask.

Adding escalating taxes on high-emissions activities, subsidizing renewables and mass transit projects versus roads, spending money on developing new tech like carbon capture and reducing CFCs in AC... all this stuff is abstracted from someone's day-to-day life.

Individual actions make a big difference, but at this point the potential change is dwarfed by what even basic steps could be made at a state and federal level.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017

None of them have any brand or following though. Them trying to be powerful is like the guy who invented Kleenex trying to start a brand. People like the videos because they hate Trump, not because they like (or even know) guys like Rick Wilson

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver

Problem with masks is Republican institutions turned it into a culture war. I think people in general have done quite well given the circumstances. Remember back in early April when every street in America was completely empty?

The only problem the general public has is that some pretty bad institutions have too much sway over them, and those institutions will fight action on Climate Change.

They'll also revolt when the answer is to simply strain the working class's finances even more with no real help to create alternative ways of living, but they should revolt over that answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.