• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
My conservative dad also didnt know how to respond to bidens nomination, he said the democratic party is in disarray but when i asked whats wrong with biden he couldn't say and went into his "both sides" rant.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Greg Bluestein @bluestein

U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler, who co-owns Atlanta's WNBA franchise, objected to the league's plans to honor the Black Lives Matter movement because it "undermines the potential of the sport and sends a message of exclusion." #gapol #gasen

2:12 PM · Jul 7, 2020

www.ajc.com

Loeffler opposes WNBA's plan to spread 'Black Lives Matter' message

U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler objected to the WNBA’s plans to honor the Black Lives Matter movement, warning Tuesday that subscribing to a “particular political agenda undermines the potential of the sport and sends a message of exclusion.”

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler, who co-owns Atlanta's WNBA franchise, objected to the league's plans to honor the Black Lives Matter movement because it "undermines the potential of the sport and sends a message of exclusion." #gapol #gasen

www.ajc.com

U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler objected to the WNBA’s plans to honor the Black Lives Matter movement, warning Tuesday that subscribing to a “particular political agenda undermines the potential of the sport and sends a message of exclusion.”

Eurgh. Begone with you, you inside trader.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017

www.ajc.com

Fuck off Lich Barbie

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

www.ajc.com

Gonna get Donald Sterling'd in 3...2...1...

jonkarl @jonkarl

.@PressSec offers an interesting take on the Mary Trump book: "I have yet to see the book, but it is a book of falsehoods"

2:32 PM · Jul 7, 2020

"I wish we could prosecute everyone who leaks lies about your favorite president."

Oct 25, 2017

Well Glenn, maybe people are pointing that what she said was sympathizing with white supremacists under the guise of populist class solidarity or whatever.

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So, are people just going to collectively ignore there are serious class issues in the US until another Trump comes along or ... ? I've never found krystal ball to be that terrible tbh (edit: although I haven't watched her since it was Bernie v Biden, so precorona)

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Still a number of consequential rulings left and SCOTUS hasn't signaled that this will be the final day so we're likely strapped in for a number of rulings yet.

God I fucking hate that dumb way SCOTUS go about things.
Just fucking tell us, you work for us, we pay your salary.

On and put cameras there, enough with that nonsense.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Totally random thought, but Project Lincoln is doing amazing work so far. The arguments against them in the OT are ludicrous.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Totally random thought, but Project Lincoln is doing amazing work so far. The arguments against them in the OT are ludicrous.
Main complaint I have against them is they seem to be doing very little actual ad spending. The ads are great, but I'd prefer them to be up on more tv stations.

Oct 25, 2017
So, are people just going to collectively ignore there are serious class issues in the US until another Trump comes along or ... ? I've never found krystal ball to be that terrible tbh (edit: although I haven't watched her since it was Bernie v Biden, so precorona)
Calling someone out for empathizing with racists =/= not addressing class issues.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017

They really seem to be launching preemptive strikes at Duckworth. I interpret that as meaning she is the last person they want Biden to pick.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenwald is a paid Putin puppet. Not sure why people here pay him any attention.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Duckworth would be a nightmare for Republicans to try and attack if she was on the ticket - woman of color, decorated veteran who lost her legs in Iraq, first senator to give birth while in office. Good luck navigating that without pissing of suburbanites even more.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
My family fought with George Washington was such an epic clap back to that attack. I wonder if they even knew that before they decided to go that route.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is not capable of the kind of sophistication that would be required around Duckworth. It'd be a disaster for him on every level. I like her a lot, and I'm really glad she's in the running after the initial radio silence.

Oct 25, 2017
Duckworth would be a nightmare for Republicans to try and attack if she was on the ticket - woman of color, decorated veteran who lost her legs in Iraq, first senator to give birth while in office. Good luck navigating that without pissing of suburbanites even more.

There is also this from wikipedia: "She was the first female double amputee from the war.[3] Despite her grievous injuries, she sought and obtained a medical waiver that allowed her to continue serving as a lieutenant colonel in the Illinois Army National Guard"

Despite losing her legs, she got a medical waiver to continue serving. She is a badass, and Trump's bullshit machismo wouldn't work on her.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018

www.ajc.com

How quickly can the other owners vote to force her to sell her share of the team? Because that is what I would be doing right now. I hope its like the NFL where other owners can kind of dictate who has an ownership stake in a team. Also completely disgusting that she wasn't forced to blind trust this shit when she took office.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Why are they even claiming Duckworth wants to tear down statues of Washington? Some vague or out of context statement she made?

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
And for those thinking "Well they Swiftboated Kerry," Bush was far more disciplined than Trump is and he had a much more talented team supporting him. Assholes all, but competent.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
And for those thinking "Well they Swiftboated Kerry," Bush was far more disciplined than Trump is and he had a much more talented team supporting him. Assholes all, but competent.

Kerry was also 2004. Demographics of the voting public have changed quite a bit since then and if Kerry was running with today's demographics and not 2004's he likely would have survived it.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Why are they even claiming Duckworth wants to tear down statues of Washington? Some vague or out of context statement she made?

She gave a pretty awkward answer to a question about Washington monuments over the weekend and the GOP is jumping all over it. It's stupid but someone under VP review needs to be smoother than that.

news.yahoo.com

‘We Should Listen to the Argument’ for Removing George Washington Statues, Says Senator Duckworth

Senator Tammy Duckworth (D., Ill.) said that “we should listen to the argument for removing George Washington statues” in an appearance on CNN’s State of the Union Sunday. Statues of slave-owning historical figures such as George Washington and Thomas Jefferson have become the latest target of...

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Only brief clip I saw was she was asked about the escalation possibly leading to George Washington statues being pulled down and her response(before the clip cut off) was that she supports a "national dialogue" to have that discussion.

They of course ran that as meaning she wants to murder the founding fathers, your children, your dog, and piss on your grave while squeeling "Happy Holidays!"

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
She gave a pretty awkward answer to a question about Washington monuments over the weekend and the GOP is jumping all over it. It's stupid but someone under VP review needs to be smoother than that.

news.yahoo.com

‘We Should Listen to the Argument’ for Removing George Washington Statues, Says Senator Duckworth

Senator Tammy Duckworth (D., Ill.) said that “we should listen to the argument for removing George Washington statues” in an appearance on CNN’s State of the Union Sunday. Statues of slave-owning historical figures such as George Washington and Thomas Jefferson have become the latest target of...
Only brief clip I saw was she was asked about the escalation possibly leading to George Washington statues being pulled down and her response(before the clip cut off) was that she supports a "national dialogue" to have that discussion.

They of course ran that as meaning she wants to murder the founding fathers, your children, your dog, and piss on your grave while squeeling "Happy Holidays!"
I guess it's at least evidence that they really don't have much to go on if they're grasping onto this

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
I personally think they only do it to rehabilitate themselves and the GOP brand, I think those ads are aimed at people who already hate Trump, and as such are not going to be terribly effective at helping Biden (I also think that it's mostly Democrats who share and see those ads).

But even if you think these ads are helping, can we please do it without excusing those assholes?
They are the worst people, it go way beyond the swiftboat garbage, which in and by itself was fucking awful, but they have blood on their hands.
In a just world they would never be anywhere near a position of power ever.

I am not sure what you are getting at here. Is this about the Lincoln Project ads? I was not talking about them at all, I was simply saying that an attempt by the Trump campaign to try and attack Duckworth by undermining her military service record would not go as well as the Bush campaign's attacks on Kerry.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
God I fucking hate that dumb way SCOTUS go about things.
Just fucking tell us, you work for us, we pay your salary.

On and put cameras there, enough with that nonsense.

The biggest joke at the moment is the virus made it so we got oral arguments immediately instead of having a delay which is pretty nuts that it takes the nation basically shutting down in order for us to find out live how justices come about decisions.

www.scotusblog.com

Public approves of live access to Supreme Court arguments, polls show - SCOTUSblog

In May, for the first time in its history, the Supreme Court provided live audio of its oral arguments to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic. That move appears to enjoy broad support. According to two polls released before and after the May arguments, a significant majority of Americans acro

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am not sure what you are getting at here. Is this about the Lincoln Project ads? I was not talking about them at all, I was simply saying that an attempt by the Trump campaign to try and attack Duckworth by undermining her military service record would not go as well as the Bush campaign's attacks on Kerry.
I was going to reply to a different post, never mind, I hate those people so much I can't think straight sometime lol
sorry

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Collins & Murkowski skipping the convention:

Caitlin Huey-Burns @CHueyBurns

Susan Collins won't be at the RNC convention, her office tells me she "never made plans to attend the convention because she has never attended the national convention in years when she is up for election."

@ellee_watson reports that Lisa Murkowski is also skipping the RNC Convention and confirms that Lamar Alexander and Chuck Grassley are not attending.

4:30 PM · Jul 7, 2020

-------------------------

Well Glenn, maybe people are pointing that what she said was sympathizing with white supremacists under the guise of populist class solidarity or whatever.

Greenwald rushing to her defense is just perfect.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's at least evidence that they really don't have much to go on if they're grasping onto this

Some have made the point that she is a VP potential. Therefore since Biden has shown to be overwhelmingly popular and all faithless attacks have molted, the next strategy is to start targeting the other name on the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.