• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Thought that kinda worries me: If Trump does drop out, does Pence become a "generic Republican" and seriously tighten the race?
Though I definitely don't think it will happen, I honestly think Pence as a generic Republican would do the opposite of tighten the race. Maybe never Trumpers move back but a ton of people who only care for Trump personally probably just wouldn't vote.

May 26, 2018
Though I definitely don't think it will happen, I honestly think Pence as a generic Republican would do the opposite of tighten the race.

But a lot of people are aiming to vote for Biden not because he is Biden, but because he is Not Trump. If Trump drops out, both candidates are Not Trump and that's gotta change the chemistry of it.

Thought that kinda worries me: If Trump does drop out, does Pence become a "generic Republican" and seriously tighten the race?
Pence continually mumbling his way through dealing with coronavirus cannot look appealing to independents. On the other hand there is the classic reasoning that too many independents are just embarrassed republicans looking for any excuse.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
But a lot of people are aiming to vote for Biden not because he is Biden, but because he is Not Trump. If Trump drops out, both candidates are Not Trump and that's gotta change the chemistry of it.
The amount of people who would have voted for Biden, but would flip to Pence are probably minuscule compared to the amount of Republicans who just wouldn't show up at all if it's not Trump.

May 26, 2018
The amount of people who would have voted for Biden, but would flip to Pence are probably minuscule compared to the amount of Republicans who just wouldn't show up at all if it's not Trump.

I do wonder, though... before Trump, the thought was "no matter what, at least it's not a Democrat"

peel back the years of Trump training, and maybe that's still what they are? fall back to old habits

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
We posting rumors from Fox Business-types now? Trump is not dropping out, as much as we might like to think he might. If he does I will wear a Matt Gaetz avatar for six months, that is how confident I am that he won't.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
If it weren't for the legal jeopardy he will almost certainly be in the moment he no longer has the shield of the presidency I actually do think that Trump would declare "Mission Accomplished! America is Great Again!!!" and claim that he's so good at presidenting he only needed 4 years to do it.

A wave of his red cap and he'd be gone.

As long as we're fantasizing, it would make me really happy to wake up one morning to find out he absconded in the middle of the night to Russia.

We posting rumors from Fox Business-types now? Trump is not dropping out, as much as we might like to think he might. If he does I will wear a Matt Gaetz avatar for six months, that is how confident I am that he won't.

I really want this to happen.

Last edited:

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
I do wonder, though... before Trump, the thought was "no matter what, at least it's not a Democrat"

peel back the years of Trump training, and maybe that's still what they are? fall back to old habits
I don't know if it's possible to convince a large enough number of them to go back. They believe they're losing their privileged white national/cultural identity and that's not an easy thing to just accept and turn around on.

I think the impact that conservative media has had on propagandizing these people is hard to grasp. It's basically taken over any sort of rational independent thought process and mentally they operate in a reality that's almost entirely devoid of objective truths. We aren't being facetious when we say it's a cult.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
As long as we're fantasizing, it would make me really happy to wake up one morning to find out he absconded in the middle of the night to Russia.

I really want this to happen.

If Trump dropped out it would be an utter catastrophe for the GOP in November. MAGA-heads would scream conspiracy and stay home, and the rump of the party left would get utterly blown out. It would be glorious and I would gladly rock that idiot's mug to see that happen.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
If Trump dropped out it would be an utter catastrophe for the GOP in November. MAGA-heads would scream conspiracy and stay home, and the rump of the party left would get utterly blown out. It would be glorious and I would gladly rock that idiot's mug to see that happen.

If it happens, you're allowed to use his DUI mugshot.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine

As much as it makes sense for this to happen if Trump is even half into as much debt and kompromat that we suspect - I have to believe that even when things are looking catastrophic for Trump he just assumes the same thing that always happens will happen again..

He'll bail and move one, threaten to sue anyone who speaks up about him, invest in some other thing, shmooze as many people as possible that they still have something to gain by aligning with him. Free of any consequences, keeping the grift alive.

I have to hope, however, that this time he's flown too close to the sun.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
If it happens, you're allowed to use his DUI mugshot.

Oh, you mean this one?

2IDKVUQBGZGRXJ2HFREHI6WQAM.JPG

Was already planning on it.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The bots were trying out "Creepy Joe" very early this morning. It didn't go well.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
"Sleepy Joe" doesn't work because it just lowers expectations for Biden that he will inevitably exceed when people realize that he is not some senile fool. "Corrupt Joe" doesn't work because nobody thinks Biden is corrupt and they got caught trying to dirty him with Burisma. "Creepy Joe" doesn't work because it just raises comparisons to Trump's many sexual assault accusations. If this is the best they got then they are in an even worse position than I thought.

For comparison, "Crooked Hillary" worked for him because it just took what many people already thought about her and put a name to it.

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017

Do we know who at the Lincoln Project is doing the actual work of making these videos? Is it an ad firm or art students or what? It is actually scary how effective they are compared to 99% of other political ads. I get that there is a freedom from attacking from the sideline, but other PACs don't bring the same kind of fire.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Do we know who at the Lincoln Project is doing the actual work of making these videos? Is it an ad firm or art students or what? It is actually scary how effective they are compared to 99% of other political ads. I get that there is a freedom from attacking from the sideline, but other PACs don't bring the same kind of fire.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

I appreciate The Lincoln Project...but I also have my third open to what might be coming down the pike should Dems take back control.

That being said, they do make you wonder why Dems don't have a rapid response team for shit like this. And THAT makes me wonder what happened to Hillary's media people. Folks forget that her online response team was actually really good at this, too.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jabronie Joe
I appreciate The Lincoln Project...but I also have my third open to what might be coming down the pike should Dems take back control.

That being said, they do make you wonder why Dems don't have a rapid response team for shit like this. And THAT makes me wonder what happened to Hillary's media people. Folks forget that her online response team was actually really good at this, too.
Biden's social team seems pretty bad. Biden chose Beto's campaign manager too and she did so badly I can't figure out why Biden chose her. It also seems like Biden hasn't built out a nationwide state by state apparatus yet. It's pretty concerning

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't believe childish nicknames created by Donald have ever been effective in swaying voter perception of a candidate in a meaningful way. The efficacy of nicknames seem like something attributed after the fact to Trump's 2016 campaign success by pundits. Voters who disliked Hillary don't need Donald to say anything to remind them of that.

If Biden started using childish nicknames, I'd bet he'd turn off a segment of voters and punditry would accurately make note of this as a campaign misstep.

Anyway, here's Erick Erickson:

Erick Erickson @EWErickson

Any attacks the President's team was planning on Joe Biden regarding race and Biden's old comments died on June 28, 2020, when the President retweeted a video of a man chanting "white power."

12:44 PM · Jun 28, 2020

Asma Khalid @asmamk

I love folks acting as if this is a dramatic, clutch-your-pearls type of turning point when it's the exact same type of rhetoric we've seen dozens of times before.

4:20 PM · Jun 28, 2020

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Jabronie Joe

Biden's social team seems pretty bad. Biden chose Beto's campaign manager too and she did so badly I can't figure out why Biden chose her. It also seems like Biden hasn't built out a nationwide state by state apparatus yet. It's pretty concerning

I actually think Jen O'Malley Dillon is a good hire. I'm just wondering when the campaign is going to start flexing all the COIN they've been bringing in.

I suspect they're waiting until a VP has been selected?

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually think Jen O'Malley Dillon is a good hire. I'm just wondering when the campaign is going to start flexing all the COIN they've been bringing in.

I suspect they're waiting until a VP has been selected?
Could be. I know covid has messed everything up too so this won't be a typical election, but would be nice to see him spending some money

Oct 25, 2017
Jabronie Joe

Being employed by a losing team doesn't make somebody bad. See: Simone Sanders. Biden's team liked what he saw and hired her.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
I hate this woman so so much. I hope the next admin is able to reverse everything this devil has done.
As much as I hate her, epa might be the one that is in the worst shape. So much fucking damage in 4 years done to the climate, water, air pollution, you name it. Easy to forget about now that the hilariously incompetent corrupt fuckwit, Scott Pruitt, is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.