• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Democratic nominees for Senate/president have been outperforming Clinton's margin by an average of 10 pts in (mostly swing) state phone polls since protests began. This implies a double-digit Biden national lead & a Dem lead in race for Senate control.

If we can gain control in so many place, just in time for redistricting, that'd be pretty swell.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Donald's ad against Biden (China & manufacturing jobs):

Nothing stops this death train

>

Justin Baragona @justinbaragona

Jake Tapper: I'm glad to see you calling for people to wear face masks --

Larry Kudlow: Absolutely!

Tapper: -- and I assume that also means attendees at Trump's rally in Tulsa.

Kudlow: Well, okay, ummmm, probably so.​

9:32 AM - Jun 14, 2020

Axios @axios

Infectious-disease expert Michael Osterholm warns on Fox News of potential health risks at next week's Trump rally in Tulsa.

"Let me just put it really simply: Would I want my loved ones in a setting like that? Absolutely not." https://www.axios.com/trump-rally-coronavirus-risks-9dbddc9b-a98e-471f-853a-3562a2ef4789.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100 …

1:26 PM - Jun 14, 2020

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Haberman wrote this:

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT

"Mr. Trump held the glass with his right hand and brought it to his mouth, but appeared to momentarily have trouble lifting his arm farther. He used his left hand to push the bottom of the glass so that it reached his lips." https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/14/us/politics/trump-ramp-water-glass-health.html …

2:45 PM - Jun 14, 2020

www.nytimes.com

Trump’s Halting Walk Down Ramp Raises New Health Questions (Published 2020)

The president also appeared to have trouble raising a glass of water to his mouth during a speech at West Point a day before he turned 74, the oldest a president has been in his first term.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I
Haberman wrote this:

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT

"Mr. Trump held the glass with his right hand and brought it to his mouth, but appeared to momentarily have trouble lifting his arm farther. He used his left hand to push the bottom of the glass so that it reached his lips." https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/14/us/politics/trump-ramp-water-glass-health.html …

2:45 PM - Jun 14, 2020

www.nytimes.com

Trump’s Halting Walk Down Ramp Raises New Health Questions (Published 2020)

The president also appeared to have trouble raising a glass of water to his mouth during a speech at West Point a day before he turned 74, the oldest a president has been in his first term.

You know as much as I want to say the media engaging in this kind of speculation is bad for political coverage as a whole my schadenfreude is just too much

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
As the Press Sec said this week, questions should be asked. He had a sudden hospital trip in November and if he had his annual physical in Jan/Feb, we never heard about it.

It's especially relevant considering he ran on candidate health in 2016.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say reconstruct rather than deconstruct, but that's close. Deconstruct still sounds too much like abolish.

Reconstruct works for me. Honestly, whatever word gets it across that it's positive doesn't matter to me as long as they tear the bullshit down to studs and start over. The action is what counts, not the name, so they should call it whatever they need to to get it across the hump.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
curious, can governors be impeached/has one ever?

Ducey has the be the worst one in the country right now. it's sickening that he will get away with this and we don't even get the satisfaction of voting him out since he is term limited.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Trump campaign still going on about CNN's national poll:
7B3oNd0.png

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
curious, can governors be impeached/has one ever?

Ducey has the be the worst one in the country right now. it's sickening that he will get away with this and we don't even get the satisfaction of voting him out since he is term limited.
They can be recalled in 19 states. California successfully did it in 2003. Only the second time it's happened to a governor in the nation's history (first time was ND in 1921).

Recall of State Officials

The page provides an overview of the process for the recall of state officers in the 19 states that permit recalls.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
So...can we get to a supermajority in congress?
Nope. It's nigh impossible to even get to 60 in the Senate in the best of times with our current situation.

Our House majority should stay pretty large, however. I'm very bullish on Dem House chances this next decade if we can get control of governorships and state legislatures this year with a new census and redistricting.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
DMR Iowa Poll: Democrats preferred in three congressional districts, two by double digits

Likely voters in November want a Democrat as their U.S. House representative over a Republican in three of the state's congressional districts, while Republicans appear to have solidified their hold on the 4th District, according to the June Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll.​
Statewide, likely voters prefer a Democrat over a Republican 47% to 42% — a reversal from March, when an Iowa Poll showed 49% support for Republicans and 42% for Democrats. Nearly all respondents who made a party choice are firm with their decisions, the new poll shows. Only 2% of either side identify as only "leaning" toward one party or the other.​
12 point swing from March.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
A reverse 2010 and Trump out on his ass would be the proper Karmic payback for this mostly garbo decade

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
DMR Iowa Poll: Democrats preferred in three congressional districts, two by double digits

Likely voters in November want a Democrat as their U.S. House representative over a Republican in three of the state's congressional districts, while Republicans appear to have solidified their hold on the 4th District, according to the June Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll.​
Statewide, likely voters prefer a Democrat over a Republican 47% to 42% — a reversal from March, when an Iowa Poll showed 49% support for Republicans and 42% for Democrats. Nearly all respondents who made a party choice are firm with their decisions, the new poll shows. Only 2% of either side identify as only "leaning" toward one party or the other.​

The less said about Western Iowa the better.
If Dems do win 3 of the 4 districts I'm sure they'll win the Senate seat too.

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
People really fucking hated Hillary.

I know my mom doesn't follow politics, but she really hated Hillary. I think she didn't like Hillary sticking with Bill through the sexual scandals though I could be wrong or there could've been more to that (I think I still managed to get her to vote Hillary anyway - at least that's what she told me...).

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Someone on the politics focused website I post on shared a tweet from someone saying they are voting for the Green Party in November because Trump and Biden are too old.

The presumptive Green Party nominee is 67.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
I know my mom doesn't follow politics, but she really hated Hillary. I think she didn't like Hillary sticking with Bill through the sexual scandals though I could be wrong or there could've been more to that (I think I still managed to get her to vote Hillary anyway - at least that's what she told me...).
My mom also doesn't really follow politics and she also hated Hillary. Think she just hates ambitious women. She's smart enough to know not to tell me if she voted Trump.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Trump's random health problems are a distraction for now, but could prove substantive if he can't adderall up enough for the debate with Biden. He's set the bar low for Biden to "overperform" as far as the GOP caricature of Sleepy Joe goes, so he'll need to be in top form because Biden's going to clear that bar handily.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
"Fighting for America's Seniors"

Donald's schedule tomorrow:
rcl1aEw.png

Mark Knoller @markknoller

Monday at the WH: Pres Trump has another political outreach to senior citizens, hosting an afternoon roundtable to discuss "Fighting for America's Seniors." Comes 3 weeks after he announced a program to slash insulin costs for those on Medicare.
10:20 PM - Jun 14, 2020

Last edited:

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump's random health problems are a distraction for now, but could prove substantive if he can't adderall up enough for the debate with Biden. He's set the bar low for Biden to "overperform" as far as the GOP caricature of Sleepy Joe goes, so he'll need to be in top form because Biden's going to clear that bar handily.

If Trump skips the debates, I hope rather than cancelling them, they "empty chair" him, and the networks have Biden answering questions for 90 minutes. And when the Republicans demand equal time, say that that was their time, and if they want to sue, go ahead, and drag it out in court for two years.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Trump skips the debates, I hope rather than cancelling them, they "empty chair" him, and the networks have Biden answering questions for 90 minutes. And when the Republicans demand equal time, say that that was their time, and if they want to sue, go ahead, and drag it out in court for two years.
Sue based on what?
Those debates are agreements among campaigns and TV networks, I don't think there are any laws that govern any of that shit.
A TV network can do a 90 minutes interview with Biden and call it a presidential debate. He'll scream FAKE DEBATE FAKE MEDIA on twitter probably but that's about it.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sue based on what?
Those debates are agreements among campaigns and TV networks, I don't think there are any laws that govern any of that shit.
A TV network can do a 90 minutes interview with Biden and call it a presidential debate. He'll scream FAKE DEBATE FAKE MEDIA on twitter probably but that's about it.

I am referring to the "equal time rule," which has a fuzzy history, and I'm sure the GoP would argue that Trump is entitled to his own time.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
TBH I doubt getting sued would stop this from happening. Media seems to be fairly well-acquainted with the Streisand Effect at this point, they'd probably welcome it.

The bigger thing stopping is that... I don't think they'd view it as a good use of 90 minutes, unfortunately. Debates are a draw because they're debates. 90 minute interviews wouldn't get the same ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.