• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Americans are nothing but spoiled, whiny lil brats. Fucking protesting with guns over having to stay home for your own protection and wearing masks out in public as a way to protect yourself and others. The generations that lived through the Great Depression and WWII are rolling over their graves watching this. Trump pretty much embodies the modern day American to me. Fat, ignorant, spoiled, privileged, selfish, and ungrateful.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Laying a wreath at an empty memorial?
It's not just Biden. He has secret service there and there are photographers and almost certainly some staffers. Look at his motorcade behind him.
I don't think it's super risky in and by itself, and I'm sure they took the necessary measures to reduce the risk of infection to a minimum. But I donno, we tell people to skip actual funerals, this is just a photo op, I feel like we could have easily skipped that. It's not even something that is terribly important to his campaign, candidates do those things to look presidential, and Biden was a VP for 8 years, he's not lacking anything there.
And it's not like anyone can seriously suggest that he doesn't care about memorial day or the troops.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It's not just Biden. He has secret service there and there are photographers and almost certainly some staffers. Look at his motorcade behind him.
I don't think it's super risky in and by itself, and I'm sure they took the necessary measures to reduce the risk of infection to a minimum. But I donno, we tell people to skip actual funerals, this is just a photo op, I feel like we could have easily skipped that. It's not even something that is terribly important to his campaign, candidates do those things to look presidential, and Biden was a VP for 8 years, he's not lacking anything there.
And it's not like anyone can seriously suggest that he doesn't care about memorial day or the troops.
They would do exactly that if he didn't go.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Skipping funerals are for large gatherings of people ala church services. There is clearly no large gathering in those photos and Biden is observing proper social distancing and wearing a mask. There's nothing improper in his actions.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Man running for president has to show respect for the lives that have been lost on Memorial Day.

At least it was safely done and near his home. Baltimore told Trump not to show up at Fort McHenry (cost and stay at home order) and of course he couldn't honor their request.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
joebiden.com

LIFT EVERY VOICE: THE BIDEN PLAN FOR BLACK AMERICA - Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website

Joe Biden knows that African Americans can never have a fair shot at the American Dream so long as entrenched disparities are allowed to quietly chip away at opportunity. He is running for President to rebuild our economy in a way that finally brings everyone along—and that starts by rooting out...

Biden announced his plan for the AA community.

Actual policy, not just empty platitudes either.

This is awesome, definitely the most comprehensive approach I've seen in my lifetime.

If the Dems take the Senate, they have to nuke the filibuster. If he's serious about this, we can't let fuckstick Republicans stymie it.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They would do exactly that if he didn't go.
I have no idea if the right will succeed in swift boating Biden into a troops hater (I personally have my doubts, he has too long of a record there, and unlike shit that happened in Vietnam, it's in public view), but if they do, I kinda doubt it will hinge on whether or not there is a picture of him placing a hearth from May.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Skipping funerals are for large gatherings of people ala church services. There is clearly no large gathering in those photos and Biden is observing proper social distancing and wearing a mask. There's nothing improper in his actions.
The thing is Biden is also signaling it is ok to go out and do your thing. Not everyone has the good fortune of a secret service detail to keep other people at bay.

DynamicG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The thing is Biden is also signaling it is ok to go out and do your thing. Not everyone has the good fortune of a secret service detail to keep other people at bay.

I'm sure it's Joe Biden putting a wreath down and not the messages from state and local officials discussing opening up in every state that are signalling that it's OK to do your thing. He's a public figure. It's been fairly normal for public figures to have somewhat expanded social expectations in general, especially for things that are state related. I think most people are able to process that and not rush out to the war memorial in a mob.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
He's not violating any regulations by the state of Delaware. He's socially distancing. He's wearing a mask. He's going outside and directly back inside, and is doing more to self-isolate than what is required. There's no "signaling it is ok to go out and do your thing".

I'm confused what the actual complaint is here since there were no guidelines that were flaunted?

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea if the right will succeed in swift boating Biden into a troops hater (I personally have my doubts, he has too long of a record there, and unlike shit that happened in Vietnam, it's in public view), but if they do, I kinda doubt it will hinge on whether or not there is a picture of him placing a hearth from May.
I mean, the fact that the campaign thought it was important enough to have the only time he's been outside of his house in two months to do this probably should signal that they felt it was an important thing to do. And I agree, it probably is better to do than not, and if you're not actually violating any regulations... what is the actual complaint?

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
He's not violating any regulations by the state of Delaware. He's socially distancing. He's wearing a mask. He's going outside and directly back inside, and is doing more to self-isolate than what is required. There's no "signaling it is ok to go out and do your thing".

I'm confused what the actual complaint is here since there were no guidelines that were flaunted?

right. the entire country is in various stages of reopening, Biden's been crushed for weeks by people for "hiding in his basement"..he makes his first appearance following all required guidelines and makes it explicitly not political.

I feel like Biden can literally never win with some people.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This particular scenario, going to a largely deserted memorial and laying a wreath, is the definition of harmless.

Afaik not a single states order has told people to not go to parks/outside.

I actually do think we needed more restrictions (closing all air travel, closing all parks, closing home improvement stores, etc, but none of that happened). And when this first started up I actually posted that air travel needs to be banned from NYC. I was dogpiled. If we had done that we probably would not be looking at 100k deaths right now.

I think if anywhere in the US actually was in even close to an actual state of lockdown, sure the optics might be kinda bad. That isn't where we are though and yeah as above poster said even the restrictions we do have are being lifted.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Parks in Delaware are open, but some of them still have their public bathrooms closed. But parks don't really pose that much of a threat -- we now know that, with social distancing, open-air spaces are fairly harmless, and it's a good (and mostly safe) outlet for people to go somewhere instead of asking them to stay inside 24/7, as long as the rules are followed (see: the circles at Dolores Park are good!). Most states have followed suit except in parks that are difficult for social distancing to be followed (see: Runyon Canyon).

Delaware even allows outdoor church gatherings as of two days ago.

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017

I don't think it's exactly signaling "go out and do your thing" by putting a wreath at a site while social distancing and wearing a mask outside for a very specific reason before going back home while following every single guideline. (Not to mention the way this transmits is a bit better understood now, and this is as close as you'll get to a not-able-to-be-transmitted-this-way event.)

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
From a moderator, no less.

also, people who listen to Hessett call Americans cattle for the economy and still think "Biden is just as bad" were never gonna vote for Biden.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
3168.jpg

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Reality stone been running game these last few days weeks months years. Interesting takes all over the internet, as ever.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, different time on the curve, different response etc. but if you think that sends the wrong picture you would have more than one heart attack living in Germany these last few weeks.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ok, I'll admit it, that was a bad take.
Just a little jaded from all the stories of everyone flocking outside all over the place and not social distancing. Let's be honest Biden could go anywhere and social distance by default thanks to his secret service detail... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Just a little jaded from all the stories of everyone flocking outside all over the place and not social distancing. Let's be honest Biden could go anywhere and social distance by default thanks to his secret service detail... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yea but Biden is literally doing the opposite of all of those stories. We have a president that refuses to wear a mask in public- contrary to his own guidelines - and we're going to give Biden shit for giving a solitary remembrance to fallen soldiers?

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What is even happening anymore

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he could also go home after laying flowers at graves like he does every year. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

less

Oct 25, 2017

But even secret service detail doesn't truly stop anyone from following social distancing properly and other safety guidance. Trump alone flaunts safety guidelines. Biden at least is showing that he understands the safety guidance and is willing to follow it as much as possible.

Oct 25, 2017
Complaining about people going to a deserted memorial with masks is just crying to cry when all states are opening this week.

anyways:

less

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it isn't necessary for Biden to go out but if he didn't then the GOP would have attacked him for it. And it is kinda personal for him. His own dead son served in the armed forces though he did not die while serving. Despite that he understands the pain of families that have lost loved ones while they were serving in the armed forces and as such Biden would be further compelled to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.