• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Good news on the state legislature front:

BREAKING: We just announced our best first fundraising quarter ever
@DLCC
. For the first time, we outraised our Republican counterpart organization
@RSLC
in the first quarter of an election year, besting them by nearly a half million dollars. We are ready to #FlipEverything

Keep stating it, in plain language, please, how the GOP took the most wrong paths of all in 2009.

Over and over again, until November.

So Red State governors going to do half ass shelter in place and force it statewide overriding local governments? It's worse than doing nothing

Hey look, Good Ol' Boy back-slapping and revanchist policy daydreaming was hoped for, planned for, ran on, and endorsed. It's not THEIR fault this landed on THEIR tenures in the mansions! /s

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
With all due respect, what Republicans aren't in lock-step with their god king Dear Leader? I've yet to hear about Republicans who "might actually not care that much" about him. Sure there are some classic conservatives, but they don't count as their silence means complicity. Reality is, his entire base is prouder than ever to shout "Trump!" from the hilltops, showing up to vote during a pandemic to own the libs.
Most of his base is brainwashed, I agree. I think there's a number of Republicans who either won't vote for him or will vote for someone they think is "reasonable" against him (like Biden). Admittedly, I'm not sure how big that number is, though.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody got any idea if Jess Scarane has a chance against Chris Coons?

No. Delaware politics are pretty insulated against outsiders and incestuous to the point of asinine pride (a.k.a "The Delaware Way") and the corporate interests ensure nothing disrupts the status quo. Been that way since the 1800s thanks to the du Ponts (of whom two have been US senators and one a governor) and now chemical / banking / pharmaceutical companies.

People who are allowed in the door are pretty much guaranteed to drift upward, even swapping places with members of the opposite party when their terms expire (Tom Carper (D) and Mike Castle (R) traded the House Seat and Governorship, respectively, in 92.). Kerri Evelyn Harris only hit 35% when she ran against Carper this last election, I would expect Scarane to do about the same, sadly.

The good news is, at least the Republican challenger running against Coons is a total nutjob, complete with a beat up car he spray-painted his madness onto that he drives drunk (caught a DUI two weeks before the election) while nailing his hand-made signs into trees all over the state. Also, he records AA meetings (which got him banned from Facebook), claims white bread is killing his son, and oh yeah, he's a slumlord.

AULnlDb.jpg

And yes his name really is Scott Walker. Even the state GOP disavowed him.

Last edited:

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
AFP citing Johns Hopkins University:
twitter.com

AFP news agency on Twitter

“#BREAKING US sets new global record with 1,480 virus deaths in 24 hours: Johns Hopkins”

twitter.com

AFP news agency on Twitter

“With 1,480 deaths counted between 8:30 pm (0030 GMT) Thursday and the same time Friday, according to the university's continuously updated figures, the total number of people who have died since the start of the pandemic in the US is now 7,406”

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

News: Joe Biden told donors tonight that he has spoken to Bernie Sanders to inform him he was starting the vetting process for VP, saying he wanted to give him advanced notice and not appear "presumptuous." It's the first time Biden has acknowledged privately speaking with Bernie
Biden: "We're competitors. He's a friend. I don't want him to think I'm being presumptuous, but you have to start now deciding who you're going to have background checks done on as potential vice presidential candidates."

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
The snake emoji's look like green ducks to me so i always get confused why people were posting green ducks anytime Warren said something.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

WH announces that Trump has nominated Brian D. Miller to be Special Inspector General for Pandemic Recovery, Department of the Treasury. He was IG at GSA where he exposed the lavish conference spending there during the Obama years. Currently at WH counsel's office
Bush appointee at GSA from 2005-2014, worked for WH Counsel's office in December 2018

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I just want more research on MJ regarding how it affects younger people. We let vapenation get out of control in a horrible way even though it's age-restricted. That doesn't mean that the steps mentioned above (rescheduling, decriminalization) shouldn't happen, but there's a necessary nanny state public health activity that needs to happen if pot is much more easily accessible.

I had a man talk to me as I left the grocery store today telling me how weed opens up your lungs and they should let more people smoke it now that there's this virus.

He wondered aloud whether the virus was manmade.

I've subscribed to his newsletter.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, random Friday question:

This time next year, about how many 2021 OT's will we have? Or, with Trump gone, how much will this thread slow down by? (Assume Biden wins, we have a DDD government with an 50+ Senate majority large enough that we don't really have to rely on VP to be a tiebreaker)

I say we'd be on our second about to go on to our third.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
So, random Friday question:

This time next year, about how many 2021 OT's will we have? Or, with Trump gone, how much will this thread slow down by? (Assume Biden wins, we have a DDD government with an 50+ Senate majority large enough that we don't really have to rely on VP to be a tiebreaker)

I say we'd be on our second about to go on to our third.

The threads will be just as fast moving because we'll be frantically calling out the blatant hypocrisy of Republicans crying foul about mundane things when they did far worse during their reign or caused said things in the first place.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I feel hopelessness about the corona situation. 600 people died in New York and I feel like no one cares...

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
The threads will be just as fast moving because we'll be frantically calling out the blatant hypocrisy of Republicans crying foul about mundane things when they did far worse during their reign or caused said things in the first place.

Yep.

It will remind me a lot of the early years of Obama's presidency.

The GOP doesn't give a fuck how obviously hypocritical they are. But, hopefully, they won't get power ever again. We cannot afford another GOP White House, and even a GOP Senate. The GOP needs to be gone. Period. It's the only way this country will be able to make any kind of progress.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

The president has notified Congress that he is removing the inspector general for the intelligence community, the official who helped make sure Congress got the Ukraine whistleblower complaint. The firing will take effect in 30 days, according to a letter obtained by NBC News.

I bet Grenell pushed for it as well

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

>

twitter.com

Andrew Desiderio on Twitter

“SCOOP: Trump has fired Michael Atkinson, the inspector general for the intelligence community, who opposed then-DNI Maguire’s decision to withhold the whistleblower complaint that sparked the impeachment inquiry. Letter to Burr/Warner, obtained by me & @NatashaBertrand”

twitter.com

Kyle Cheney on Twitter

“!! BREAKING from @NatashaBertrand: Trump has fired the intelligence community inspector general, Michael Atkinson, who first informed Congress of the existence of the Ukraine whistleblower report. https://t.co/0fSyHXXF97”

www.politico.com

Trump fires intelligence community watchdog who defied him on whistleblower complaint

The president informed Congress of the move in a Friday-evening letter to the House and Senate intelligence committees.

President Donald Trump has fired the intelligence community's chief watchdog, Michael Atkinson, who was the first to sound the alarm to Congress last September about an "urgent" complaint he'd received from an intelligence official involving Trump's communications with Ukraine.
Trump formally notified the Senate Intelligence Committee of his intention to fire Atkinson and remove him from his duties, to take effect 30 days from Friday, according to two congressional officials and a copy of the letter obtained by Politico dated April 3.

Friday night.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
>

twitter.com

“SCOOP: Trump has fired Michael Atkinson, the inspector general for the intelligence community, who opposed then-DNI Maguire’s decision to withhold the whistleblower complaint that sparked the impeachment inquiry. Letter to Burr/Warner, obtained by me & @NatashaBertrand”

twitter.com

Kyle Cheney on Twitter

“!! BREAKING from @NatashaBertrand: Trump has fired the intelligence community inspector general, Michael Atkinson, who first informed Congress of the existence of the Ukraine whistleblower report. https://t.co/0fSyHXXF97”

www.politico.com

Trump fires intelligence community watchdog who defied him on whistleblower complaint

The president informed Congress of the move in a Friday-evening letter to the House and Senate intelligence committees.

President Donald Trump has fired the intelligence community's chief watchdog, Michael Atkinson, who was the first to sound the alarm to Congress last September about an "urgent" complaint he'd received from an intelligence official involving Trump's communications with Ukraine.
Trump formally notified the Senate Intelligence Committee of his intention to fire Atkinson and remove him from his duties, to take effect 30 days from Friday, according to two congressional officials and a copy of the letter obtained by Politico dated April 3.

Friday night.

It's nice to know he has his priorities straight.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
>

twitter.com

twitter.com

Kyle Cheney on Twitter

www.politico.com

Friday night.

Trump can just fire this guy outright?

I really feel like some restraints need to be placed on the executive, way more than before dump took over. Maybe bush was just way more subtle.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
I feel hopelessness about the corona situation. 600 people died in New York and I feel like no one cares...

I feel you man. It is entirely, ludicrously fucked that the DPA still hasn't been properly invoked and Trump is still refusing to send NY the help they need in terms of PPE and ventilators. Instead he's retaliating against someone who tried to uphold the fucking law.

It's even more fucked that Trump is still the president. There are no efforts or rumblings from the Senate R side to answer as to why this literally deadly display of incompetence is still tolerated. People are dying and Mitch McConnell's response is to put the Senate in recess.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

Kyle Cheney on Twitter

“@NatashaBertrand I believe this leaves no Senate-confirmed officials at the top of ODNI.”

twitter.com

Kyle Cheney on Twitter

“@NatashaBertrand Per a congressional source: "Atkinson was only informed tonight that Trump had fired him, and he has been placed on administrative leave effective immediately." Administrative leave helps skirt a requirement that the intel committees get a 30-day heads up before removal.”

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I think more egregious than the Atkinson firing tonight is that Trump put forth one of the WH lawyers for the position of oversight over the 500 billion in the stimulus. And the position is... Senate approved?

How the hell did they not fight to make the position either a) a bipartisan committee, b) House approved or c) House and Senate approved?

I feel like having the "surely Trump won't pick one of his close friends and surely the Senate wouldn't confirm" conversation would be impossible for any Dem in Congress after January 2020.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump can just fire this guy outright?

I really feel like some restraints need to be placed on the executive, way more than before dump took over. Maybe bush was just way more subtle.

Congress tried that. It's the main reason Johnson was impeached

add it to the pile of fixes needed to the constitution

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

Give people a weekend to go balls out Doesn't really seem like a great idea to me. But maybe Missourians are more responsible than the folks here in Illinois.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Ryan Struyk on Twitter

“Warren on Biden in new Sirius XM interview: "Every time he has a chance to talk, I'm reminded though, he is a good and decent man. And as a leader, he would not be putting himself first. He would be putting first the interests of the American people."”

Can't believe she would call Biden a decent man. 🐍🐍

/S

I had nearly forgotten my take here:
EUtcZQxWsAc4D5p

Status
Not open for further replies.