• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
I Love Dale's Twitter- for me's he's the model for how every reporter should write up Trump.

But I'm terrified. I almost can't even check the news because of how insane the Federal Govt has become.

He should be the model for reporters period. Report what is said and then immediately fact check in the same tweet. Most reporters fail on the second part though.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
This been posted yet? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/opinion/jared-kushner-coronavirus.html

Apparently it was Jared's idea to have Trump announce the Google site that didn't exist. In addition to telling the experts they don't know what they need.

This little fucker, along with his Father in Law, are gonna be directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans. Jesus fucking christ did our fuck up in 2016 cost us bad.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling pretty damn good about our chances in November. Even the Senate gives me cause for hope. While nothing is ever guaranteed we can count on Trump to be a fuckup and keeping Dems motivated to kick him out.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This been posted yet? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/opinion/jared-kushner-coronavirus.html

Apparently it was Jared's idea to have Trump announce the Google site that didn't exist. In addition to telling the experts they don't know what they need.

This little fucker, along with his Father in Law, are gonna be directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans. Jesus fucking christ did our fuck up in 2016 cost us bad.
They are treating the pandemic like a IPO, except both him and dad in law are horrible at business

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Adam Serwer🍝 on Twitter

“Electing a guy as governor who engaged in massive medicare fraud in the past has had some negative effects on how the Florida state government works https://t.co/2cLUBy4pbS”

The new online system was part of a series of changes designed to limit benefits. The ultimate goal — which it delivered on — was to lower unemployment taxes paid by Florida businesses. A 2011 analysis done by the Florida Legislature estimated that the changes pushed by Scott would save businesses more than $2.3 billion between 2011 and 2020.

Now, as thousands of people try to get help, the system crashes or denies them access. Nearly 400,000 people have managed to file claims in the last two and half weeks. It's not known how many have tried and failed.

Most of those who do submit applications won't qualify for aid, and the benefits that are paid out are among the most meager in the country — a maximum of $275 a week.

Way to keep electing this guy, Florida.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

twitter.com

Adam Serwer🍝 on Twitter

“Electing a guy as governor who engaged in massive medicare fraud in the past has had some negative effects on how the Florida state government works https://t.co/2cLUBy4pbS”

Way to keep electing this guy, Florida.

The sad thing is that the retirees who flock to Florida probably still don't give a shit about millennials being unable to file for unemployment.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, in short, we're all gonna be fucked as long as that shithead is in charge on the response (it sounds like its Kushner running things and not Pence).
Imagine being VP and just being a figurehead. I mean you only have 2 real jobs anyway, go to funerals and break senate ties. If he had any self respect he should have stayed governor

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see anyone post this. We lost 701k jobs before March 14. 4.4% unemployment.

The US economy lost 701,000 jobs in March, according to Friday's report from the Labor Department, much more than the 100,000 losses economists were expecting. Given that the report only includes data through March 14, missing two weeks in which 10 million Americans filed for unemployment, many had thought the report wouldn't be so bad.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any hope AT ALL that if we win the Presidency and Senate the Dems will impeach some of these woefully unqualified federal judges? I'm just reading about how Trump has officially nominated Justin Walker, a 37 year old Kavanaugh/McConell stooge to the DC circuit for life. Someone who was rated not qualified by the ABA.

It's absolutely absurd and should not be allowed to stand if Dems control the WH/Senate next year.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any hope AT ALL that if we win the Presidency and Senate the Dems will impeach some of these woefully unqualified federal judges? I'm just reading about how Trump has officially nominated Justin Walker, a 37 year old Kavanaugh/McConell stooge to the DC circuit for life. Someone who was rated not qualified by the ABA.

It's absolutely absurd and should not be allowed to stand if Dems control the WH/Senate next year.
No. You need 67 votes in the Senate to remove a federal judge.

Just expand the lower courts and justify it as "relieving administrative burden and expediting justice."

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017

Here's a stupid question... Who is in charge of impeaching a judge? And does the Whitehouse have input?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

You need a 2/3rds majority in the senate, so probably not. Also, we're going to have a fuck ton of shit to clean up. This is probably low on the list.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Here's a stupid question... Who is in charge of impeaching a judge? And does the Whitehouse have input?
Impeachment is the same procedure in all cases. Ain't separate cases for presidents and judges.
Step 1: simple majority in house to impeach, analogous to indicting someone for crimes
Steo 2: senate trial, 2/3rds to convict and remove from office.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
No. You need 67 votes in the Senate to remove a federal judge.

Just expand the lower courts and justify it as "relieving administrative burden and expediting justice."
So in this hyper partisan era there's essentially zero check/fail safe to prevent whichever side is in power from appointing ridiculous hacks into lifetime positions? Mindblowing.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So in this hyper partisan era there's essentially zero check/fail safe to prevent whichever side is in power from appointing ridiculous hacks into lifetime positions? Mindblowing.

It's another reason why McConnell will go down as one of the most important and influential Republicans of all time. Oh, and evil.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
:V

abcnews.go.com

Fewer than half of Americans believe their daily routine will return to normal by June, as fears over coronavirus rise: POLL

Fewer than half of Americans believe their daily routine will return to normal by June 1, amid sharply rising concerns over coronavirus, a new ABC News/Ipsos poll shows.

94qhNbq.jpg

Trump's approval for his handling of the public health crisis is now falling closer to where it was three weeks ago, after a series of polls showed some Americans rallying behind the commander-in-chief - resulting in a slight bump in approval for his response.
But as the month of April begins, Trump's approval for his management of the coronavirus is now under-water, 47-52%. Approval is down from 55% in the poll released on March 20, and closer to where it was in the March 13 poll, when it was 43%.
The latest poll was conducted April 1-2, which comes after Trump and health officials with the coronavirus task force, which is charged with overseeing the federal government's response, warned the country to brace for a "very painful" few weeks ahead, after outlining dire projections on Tuesday that between 100,000 and 240,000 Americans will die of the novel coronavirus, even if social distancing measures are strictly followed.
Just last week, the president offered a far more positive outlook, when he said he envisioned "packed churches" on Easter. But this week, in a sharp turn in tone, Trump said that the estimate of between 100,000 and 240,000 is a "very low number" in comparison to a 2.2 million projection if no action had been taken.
ABC News/Ipsos has polled three of the last four weeks, but during the one off-week last week, an ABC News/Washington Post poll was released.
Trump's approval on coronavirus in this poll is close to his overall approval rating in last week's ABC News/Washington Post poll, when it was 48%.
Consistent with this, in the new ABC News/Ipsos poll, perceptions of Trump among ideologues also appear back closer to where it's long been, with most reverting back to their partisan tribes. Only 9% of Democrats approve of the president's handling of coronavirus, which is less than a third of the 30% of Democrats who said the same in the poll two weeks ago. Meanwhile, 91% of Republicans approve now, which is on par with the March 20 poll.
And, in terms of disapproval, the numbers show an exact mirror image, with 91% of Democrats disapproving, up from 69% two weeks ago, and 9% of Republicans saying the same, similar to the 8% in the last ABC News/Ipsos poll.

ylh9ME5.jpg
So that rally around the flag bump was both small and didn't last very long, huh?

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when we thought Ossoff was gonna be our Georgia savior? So much money went to him, lol.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Give Ossoff like six more months and he prob wins. But I do think he was a tossoff.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the PPP Loans starting today are indeed a clusterfuck. Chase and Wells Fargo aren't ready at all. Bank of America is requiring a deposit account and an existing line of credit with them to do it.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
:V

abcnews.go.com

Fewer than half of Americans believe their daily routine will return to normal by June, as fears over coronavirus rise: POLL

Fewer than half of Americans believe their daily routine will return to normal by June 1, amid sharply rising concerns over coronavirus, a new ABC News/Ipsos poll shows.

94qhNbq.jpg

Trump's approval for his handling of the public health crisis is now falling closer to where it was three weeks ago, after a series of polls showed some Americans rallying behind the commander-in-chief - resulting in a slight bump in approval for his response.
But as the month of April begins, Trump's approval for his management of the coronavirus is now under-water, 47-52%. Approval is down from 55% in the poll released on March 20, and closer to where it was in the March 13 poll, when it was 43%.
The latest poll was conducted April 1-2, which comes after Trump and health officials with the coronavirus task force, which is charged with overseeing the federal government's response, warned the country to brace for a "very painful" few weeks ahead, after outlining dire projections on Tuesday that between 100,000 and 240,000 Americans will die of the novel coronavirus, even if social distancing measures are strictly followed.
Just last week, the president offered a far more positive outlook, when he said he envisioned "packed churches" on Easter. But this week, in a sharp turn in tone, Trump said that the estimate of between 100,000 and 240,000 is a "very low number" in comparison to a 2.2 million projection if no action had been taken.
ABC News/Ipsos has polled three of the last four weeks, but during the one off-week last week, an ABC News/Washington Post poll was released.
Trump's approval on coronavirus in this poll is close to his overall approval rating in last week's ABC News/Washington Post poll, when it was 48%.
Consistent with this, in the new ABC News/Ipsos poll, perceptions of Trump among ideologues also appear back closer to where it's long been, with most reverting back to their partisan tribes. Only 9% of Democrats approve of the president's handling of coronavirus, which is less than a third of the 30% of Democrats who said the same in the poll two weeks ago. Meanwhile, 91% of Republicans approve now, which is on par with the March 20 poll.
And, in terms of disapproval, the numbers show an exact mirror image, with 91% of Democrats disapproving, up from 69% two weeks ago, and 9% of Republicans saying the same, similar to the 8% in the last ABC News/Ipsos poll.

ylh9ME5.jpg

Welp, so much for that.

Oct 30, 2017
So that rally around the flag bump was both small and didn't last very long, huh?

"May you live in interesting times" sure is turning out to be quite the curse, eh?

Surprisingly, things have actually become easier for me. I know I'm in the minority, but my daily routine hasn't really been negatively impacted. My work routine has actually improved since I no longer have to do face to face interviews at work anymore. Now it's basically just intake interviews for foodstamps over the phone and processing applications. My workload is way reduced.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

www.politico.com

Senators clashed over Hunter Biden probe in classified briefing

A Senate committee is pressing ahead with an investigation into the former vice president's son even as the coronavirus pandemic rages on.
A key Senate committee is vowing to press forward with its investigation targeting former Vice President Joe Biden's son Hunter, despite logistical challenges posed by the global coronavirus pandemic.
The probe, which Democrats vigorously oppose, has fueled tension among the Senate's ranks, even breaking out into a rare and previously unreported verbal altercation between senators during a classified briefing.
The Senate Homeland Security Committee's Republican-led inquiry was entering a critical phase last month when senators dropped all nonessential work to focus on delivering economic and medical relief as the coronavirus reached a crisis point in the United States. The Senate is not due back in Washington until April 20 at the earliest.
"While the chairman is primarily focused on the once-in-a-generation crisis we're experiencing, our oversight staff is continuing to push ahead with their work. Nothing has changed in our long-term plans for our investigations," said Austin Altenburg, a spokesman for the committee's chairman, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.).
In fact, a Senate staffer working on the probe explicitly told one witness' legal team several weeks ago — just before the wave of lockdowns — that the coronavirus pandemic would not impede the committee's probe, according to a source familiar with the matter.
And less than a month ago, a top-secret briefing centered on 2020 election security spiraled into a combative and partisan snipe-fest when Democratic senators began asking about the Biden investigation. It was a reflection of the widespread uneasiness surrounding the probe that was apparent even before the coronavirus pandemic became senators' top priority.

I see Senator Gollum has seen Jaime Harrisons internals.

Or Dipshit McSoninlaws confused grifting one.

They are treating the pandemic like a IPO, except both him and dad in law are horrible at business

Business? Yes. """Business?""" Quite well even given the brazeness.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, who are the two likely Democratic nominees for the two Senate set in Georgia later this year? Lieberman is running, but who else?

Status
Not open for further replies.