• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Watch Biden sweep the swing states so it's pretty much a given, but the Trumpers and Bernie-or-Busters will be like "NO! Biden hasn't won California yet, this isn't over!!!" as California takes like three years to count.
Trump be like, "When you're down 30 electoral votes but CA has 55, and the media say it's over."

Oct 26, 2017
Oh the small business loans are gonna run out within a week.

From what I've heard from a partner at a tax form, everyone's getting them and the loan will be gone stupid fast.

It's a cluster fuck

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Postal service has always had issues with funding going back to the absurd way they handle retirement budgeting. I doubt anything is going to happen. Even the Republicans will fund it because that is probably the only consistent service rural communities get. If they let the postal service run themselves like a real business, then you would see post office closures and scale back of delivery days in rural areas and the Republicans never let that happen.

The "absurd way they handle retirement budgeting" was foisted upon them by a Republican Congress, and the Republicans have wanted to privatize USPS for 30 years. They don't care about those constituents.

Oct 25, 2017
Whew if Small businesses can't get the loans they need and if it ends up being a clusterfuck and if they really think those 1 times checks will do anything long term for the people of America whew.

Trump was not prepared for this at all. And all that bs talking he does will be on full display when nothing works as advertised. People are going to be hurting.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
The small business stuff just isn't going to be enough. This crisis will for sure last two months at least. The loan with forgiveness can go up to 2.5x payroll. You can pay utilities with it but after two months of payroll that means .5x payroll for all other utilities with possibly zero revenue coming in.

For our business rent alone for two months is 2.5x payroll.

The loans and forgiveness honestly needs to be like 6 or 7x payroll to work.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
The "absurd way they handle retirement budgeting" was foisted upon them by a Republican Congress, and the Republicans have wanted to privatize USPS for 30 years. They don't care about those constituents.
I'm surprised one of these recent bills hasn't altered that. I wonder if they can do it in Bill 4 re:infrastructure.

Oct 26, 2017
So I keep seeing governor's say us gov is outbidding them on supplies.

But I never see much of anything about the us gov giving out supplies in large numbers.

This admin is just making this situation worse

Oct 26, 2017
The small business stuff just isn't going to be enough. This crisis will for sure last two months at least. The loan with forgiveness can go up to 2.5x payroll. You can pay utilities with it but after two months of payroll that means .5x payroll for all other utilities with possibly zero revenue coming in.

For our business rent alone for two months is 2.5x payroll.

The loans and forgiveness honestly needs to be like 6 or 7x payroll to work.
We need a nation wide freeze on rent, utilities, phone/ internet, loans. With no interest. for everyone.

In Addition to the money reach week for food/gas

Pangloss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
They say they do, but when faced with the ramifications of post office closures and delivery reduction; they change their minds. Nothing gets old people and rural voters mad like when they don't get their Saturday mail or are inconvenience because it's not cost effective to apply the same level of service in every location of America.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I saw Stacy Abrams trending and got scared for a minute. Glad it was just people dunking on Kemp

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
So I keep seeing governor's say us gov is outbidding them on supplies.

But I never see much of anything about the us gov giving out supplies in large numbers.

This admin is just making this situation worse
They've said they are almost out of supplies to distribute. Honestly we are at a point where all supplies stocked up are about exhausted and states/cities/governments will start fighting over the limited output coming from manufacturing and limited imports.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Biden's public statements since becoming the presumptive nominee, both before and after have made me extremely concerned about his electability. He fumbles his words a lot, he hasn't had much of a presence compared to Bernie Sanders during this crisis, and there is also the allegation that he raped someone.

Oct 27, 2017
Cuomo brought August into his daily presser for the first time, today. Wisconsin's projected apex comes after New York's. I have doubts the convention will happen in person.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm amazed more attention hasn't been paid to the Paycheck Protection Program, although that's partially because everyone was still wrapping their heads around it. Maybe it'll show up in the news more next week but this thing is honestly the single best, most generous part of the whole damn stimulus bill. I just finished rounding up everything needed for my company, and its literally a loan that covers 100% of payroll up to 100k per employee for 2.5 months, as a loan that's forgiven if its shown that it all went towards payroll or rent. Its ridiculously generous compared to even the other small business programs, and its going to absolutely save us from needing to furlough or lay people off

Other small businesses need to get on this thing ASAP

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm amazed more attention hasn't been paid to the Paycheck Protection Program, although that's partially because everyone was still wrapping their heads around it. Maybe it'll show up in the news more next week but this thing is honestly the single best, most generous part of the whole damn stimulus bill. I just finished rounding up everything needed for my company, and its literally a loan that covers 100% of payroll up to 100k per employee for 2.5 months, as a loan that's forgiven if its shown that it all went towards payroll or rent. Its ridiculously generous compared to even the other small business programs, and its going to absolutely save us from needing to furlough or lay people off

Other small businesses need to get on this thing ASAP
See my post above. It's not going to save a business with zero revenue and higher rent and utilities. It's a pass through that helps employees but doesn't do much for the actual business itself.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Cuomo brought August into his daily presser for the first time, today. Wisconsin's projected apex comes after New York's. I have doubts the convention will happen in person.
Could you elaborate? Though WI will have a later peak, both states will have reached the peak (of this wave, at least) well before August. Did he give August as the month that the virus will finally be under control (i.e., few to no deaths), barring a resurgence?

Oct 25, 2017
Could you elaborate? Though WI will have a later peak, both states will have reached the peak (of this wave, at least) well before August. Did he give August as the month that the virus will finally be under control (i.e., few to no deaths), barring a resurgence?
Even if we're down to few deaths, I doubt anyone will allow for conference events with 1k+ attendees for a while.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
We'd be past peak but a gathering of 50,000 people just is not happening until we get a vaccine.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Even if we're down to few deaths, I doubt anyone will allow for conference events with 1k+ attendees for a while.
We'd be past peak but a gathering of 50,000 people just is not happening until we get a vaccine.
I know! I'm asking him how Cuomo's press conference is relevant to the convention because he mentioned both in his post, and why Cuomo talked about August specifically. Cuomo might not even have talked about the convention. I don't know because I'm not watching the television.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Speaker Pelosi creates a new House select committee to oversee the Trump administration's coronavirus response and its management of $2.2 trillion stimulus funds. "Where there's money there's also frequently mischief," she said https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/04/02/pelosi-trump-coronavirus-oversight/ …
Clyburn chairing, GOP pissed off as if the Benghazi select committee never happened

@repgregwalden: "I think creating another committee - a select committee - is a big mistake."

House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy R-CA expresses opposition to Pelosi creating 'select committee' to oversee Coronavirus aid. McCarthy doesn't like selection of Clyburn to chair, or overall goal. "This seems really redundant."

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Biden: Goes on TV/Streaming almost every single day, dunks Trump on Twitter 5x a day
Era: #WHERESJOE

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
I've come to terms that we'll be doing some form of social distancing until a Vaccine is made hopefully a year from now. Maybe this summer there is a break but I expect roaming infections.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Biden's public statements since becoming the presumptive nominee, both before and after have made me extremely concerned about his electability. He fumbles his words a lot, he hasn't had much of a presence compared to Bernie Sanders during this crisis, and there is also the allegation that he raped someone.
Not this crap again.

Oct 27, 2017

Cuomo said the New York apex may happen anywhere from 7 to 30 days from now, though he thinks it will be earlier rather than later. Looking at the models, he believes the apex will drop quickly from its high, followed by a much lower but sustained period of cases (presumably still with deaths) from June possibly extending into August. He didn't get specific with numbers for that time period, or go beyond August or mention anything about 2nd-wave type stuff.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I've come to terms that we'll be doing some form of social distancing until a Vaccine is made hopefully a year from now. Maybe this summer there is a break but I expect roaming infections.

Yeah. I work for a major public institution, we are making plans to keep our vulnerable faculty at home until a vaccine. By July/August, (hopefully) some of us will return to work on-site, but others...it just won't be safe for them until they can be vaccinated.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the stream he did last time he lost. It was called "Our Revolution Continues." Lol.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Our rent alone for two months would be about 2.5x payroll and we get in zero revenue. Plus we had no stockpile of money sitting around.
Can I ask what industry you're in? We're in wholesale and ecommerce effectively, so we've definitely taken a major hit (March revenue was down almost 40% and payroll is our highest expense after COGS, without the PPP we'd be out of cash in a handful of weeks) but I suppose we didn't take a 95% revenue hit

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Can I ask what industry you're in? We're in wholesale effectively, so we've definitely taken a major hit (March revenue was down almost 40% and payroll is our highest expense after COGS) but I suppose we didn't take a 95% revenue hit
Entertainment. Unfortunately we literally rely on groups of people coming in together. Our business is done, my boss said as much in a call last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.